ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Why can't we write in General Discussion anymore?

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Monifé

Why can't we write in General Discussion anymore?

Post by Monifé » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:22 pm

Hiya,

Just wondering why General Discussion is for Moderators only now.

Saw the last post from John :) on friday and thought I would add a funny news story but it wont let me :(
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

Blackwater1

Post by Blackwater1 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:39 am

It is totally unacceptable as moderators are punishing everyone for a bunch of idiots :evil:
On my tomb there will be...''I DIDN'T FORWARD THE TEXT TO 15 PEOPLE''

Tim555

Re: Why can't we write in General Discussion anymore?

Post by Tim555 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:06 pm

Monifé wrote:Hiya,

Just wondering why General Discussion is for Moderators only now.

Saw the last post from John :) on friday and thought I would add a funny news story but it wont let me :(
Its bit strange for me as well.
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

Blackwater1

Post by Blackwater1 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:07 pm

Hi tim,
how you managed to post a new topic in general discussion section today??..I tried but couldn't do it :evil:

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:20 pm

Blackwater1 wrote:Hi tim,
how you managed to post a new topic in general discussion section today??..I tried but couldn't do it :evil:
John moved that topic from other section to general discussion section, Even I could not post topic in this section.
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:37 pm

It is very simple really. Moderators give freely of their time and recently the non-immigration section has caused much more trouble than it is worth. So the easiest action was to simply close that section.

There are lots of other places on the internet, some immigration-related, that still permit non-immigration issues to be discussed. So the comment must be, make your posts there.
John

Blackwater1

Post by Blackwater1 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:17 pm

I think workpermit.Com should move their office to china or Iran. :evil:

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:34 pm

You are failing to appreciate that none of the Moderators get paid. They give freely of their time, and why should they need to be involved for many extra hours cutting out those determined to break the T&Cs, when by simply closing one section of the board, most of the problem goes away.

Would thinking of having paid Moderators solve the problem? Well no, the Board would simply cease to exist at all, so effectively closing ALL sections of the Board, not just one.

So this immigration-based board if here to assist those with immigration-based queries. No longer is it here for those wanting to post jokes, or funny stories, or to post provocative non-immigration-based topics.
John

Blackwater1

Post by Blackwater1 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:19 am

Hi John,
I understand and appreciate your position over this matter but that particular section was for all other things than boring immigration topics.Banning the idiots would have been the fairer option.Anyway,the forum will not be the same again.Will have to move to somewhere else.... 8)
Last edited by Blackwater1 on Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ericwilliam
BANNED

Post by ericwilliam » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:20 am

Hello,
They give freely of their time, and why should they need to be involved for many extra hours cutting out those determined to break the T&Cs, when by simply closing one section of the board, most of the problem goes away.Would thinking of having paid Moderators solve the problem? Well no, the Board would simply cease to exist at all, so effectively closing ALL sections of the Board, not just one.

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:06 pm

The General Discussion was the section on which I used to spend lot of time. Its a shame its gone.

@Mods, may be you should take a poll now (with in your mods group and all forum members) and give another consideration to your decision.

I think being strict and banning those who dont follow the rules should sove the problem?

You can also consider getting more mods to monitor the posts.

Vikram

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:06 pm

Vikram, the problem was that moderating that section used to take up more time than all the other sections combined.

It will not be reopened. There are lots of places on the internet where general discussions can take place. You just have to find somewhere that meets your needs.
John

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:57 pm

Last edited by shahzad80 on Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is not legal advice..I am not immigration consultant or solicitor so please seek legal advice for yours immigration matters

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:23 am

I will dare to ask ,is closing this section the only solution?
Yes
John