ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can i go back to stamp2 ? pls help

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iluvireland

Can i go back to stamp2 ? pls help

Post by iluvireland » Mon May 17, 2010 5:53 pm

my tem stamp4 expired on 20 april stil i have not got any result from DOJ.
they just keep saying wait??!!!!!!
can i enroll a college and back to stamp2, i am losing job becos of that .also i DONT want to be illegal here after 11 years becos i got married and we have a son here,

PLS HELP,,,,WIL THEY ISSU STAMP2 BACK

walrusgumble
BANNED

Re: Can i go back to stamp2 ? pls help

Post by walrusgumble » Mon May 17, 2010 6:04 pm

iluvireland wrote:my tem stamp4 expired on 20 april stil i have not got any result from DOJ.
can i enroll a college and back to stamp2, i am losing job becos of that .also i DONT want to be illegal here after 11 years becos i got married and we have a son here,

on what basis did you get a stamp 4?. You are waiting on a decision to renew? Child Irish? (won't save you but could help greatly) Whats nationality of wife?

iluvireland

Post by iluvireland » Mon May 17, 2010 6:15 pm

MARRIED TO EU, I GOT TEM STAMP4 FOR 6 MONTHS WHICH IS EXPIERD 20 APRIL ,,,STIL NO RUSELT,,,,,MY CHILD BORN 2 MONTHS AGO

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Re: Can i go back to stamp2 ? pls help

Post by mktsoi » Mon May 17, 2010 6:23 pm

iluvireland wrote:my tem stamp4 expired on 20 april stil i have not got any result from DOJ.

your temp stamp 4 expired but your waiting on decision for a new stamp 4 isnt it? now now, anyone correct me if i am wrong here please.

did you go talk to you local immigration office? if you have a temp one expired and still waiting on decision, technically, you are not illegal until they give you a decision for yes or not from INIS. you should have gone to your local immigration office and tell them you are waiting for decision and ask them for another temp stamp to tie you over until INIS make a decision on your case!

iluvireland

Post by iluvireland » Mon May 17, 2010 6:33 pm

DOJ said we are not extend ur tem stamp4 we contract with you due course/ GNIB said we can not do any thing unless we get DOJ letter,

now wat to do

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon May 17, 2010 6:37 pm

If you are a family member of an EU national who is resident in Ireland in conformity with Directive 2004/38/EC, neither the Department of Justice nor the Garda National Immigration Bureau have the authority to grant or deny your residence in this country (unless you pose a threat to public health, policy or security).

As the family member of an EU national, your entitlement to study is equal with that of an Irish national. This is not dependant on the issuance of a Residence Card, nor of a GNIB Certificate of Registration bearing any other stamp number or validity.

Go ahead and enrol in college if you so wish.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

iluvireland

Post by iluvireland » Mon May 17, 2010 6:57 pm

wil they give stamp2

koded

Post by koded » Mon May 17, 2010 6:58 pm

@iluvireland, you dont need to be stressed. All these from DOj is a delay tactics and they are there to frustrate people especially Spouse of EU citizen.
You just need to be patient and let us all see where they are heading to.

iluvireland

Post by iluvireland » Mon May 17, 2010 7:05 pm

i am not worry abt stamp4,,,i am anxious how do we survive without job also my new baby?

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon May 17, 2010 7:09 pm

iluvireland wrote:wil they give stamp2
No. Stamp 2 is issued to non-EEA nationals who require permission to study in Ireland. You do need need such permission.

iluvireland wrote:i am not worry abt stamp4,,,i am anxious how do we survive without job also my new baby?
I'm confused. Is your query about studying or working? Or both? In any case, you are entitled to do either or both if you are a family member of an EU national who is resident in Ireland in conformity with Directive 2004/38/EC.

iluvireland

Post by iluvireland » Mon May 17, 2010 7:15 pm

both,,,i m non eu ,,,,i had stamp2 before,,,,,,

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon May 17, 2010 7:18 pm

iluvireland wrote:both,,,i m non eu ,,,,i had stamp2 before,,,,,,
iluvireland, have you read the Directive?

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Mon May 17, 2010 7:41 pm

Hi guys,

Do u know if me (EU) or my partner need health insurance while I am working? Just started job today but have not signed contract yet, should be signing it in a day or 2. Thanks :)
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

iluvireland

Post by iluvireland » Mon May 17, 2010 7:42 pm

you right ben,problems is my lawyer gave them 21 days notice which is wil over 2moro..stil no response 4m DOJ,,,,

akwadaa

Post by akwadaa » Mon May 17, 2010 7:48 pm

Hi sorry to hear ur case...Waiting for such a period seems unusual.I knw most government dept are practising work to rule coz of pay related issues..The INIS is no exemption but in most cases they do make decisions on application b4 the 6month dead line..

U need to complain to Solvit immediately

IQU
Diamond Member

yaa

Post by IQU » Mon May 17, 2010 9:39 pm

if u still in college u can get stamps 2 and you can work 20 hrs per week .it normally take 6 months to get residence card result .good luck

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Re: yaa

Post by mktsoi » Tue May 18, 2010 2:39 am

IQU wrote:if u still in college u can get stamps 2 and you can work 20 hrs per week .it normally take 6 months to get residence card result .good luck
did you see what Ben wrote? he married to EU national so no stamp 2!

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Tue May 18, 2010 9:58 am

Monifé wrote:Hi guys,

Do u know if me (EU) or my partner need health insurance while I am working? Just started job today but have not signed contract yet, should be signing it in a day or 2. Thanks :)
Comprehensive sickness insurance cover not required if the EU national is working, self-employed or has acquired the right of permanent residence (§ 7 of Directive 2004/38/EC).

iluvireland wrote:you right ben,problems is my lawyer gave them 21 days notice which is wil over 2moro..stil no response 4m DOJ,,,,
Lawyers are useless in EUTR applications. Applicants either fulfil the criteria or they do not. No appeal has to be made to the minister.

akwadaa wrote:U need to complain to Solvit immediately
Excellent advice. The more complaints Solvit receive in relation to this, the better. Contact Solvit here.

IQU wrote:if u still in college u can get stamps 2 and you can work 20 hrs per week .it normally take 6 months to get residence card result .good luck
iluvireland does not require permission to reside in Ireland, so acquisition of Stamp 2 is inapplicable.