ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Existing application for ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

karwan
Newly Registered

Existing application for ILR

Post by karwan » Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:45 pm

Hello everyone.
I have an enquiry but I don’t know to whom it must be forwarded.
I apply in 18th February this year for ILR after 4 year ELR.
It’s written in the application that it will take between 3 to 13 weeks. Right now its about 15 weeks and I didn’t hear anything from IND. Even I know when you send an application you will receive a letter confirming that home office receive the application and it will be processed.
I call them three times first it was for the letter, they check the details and they say there is no need for letters, all the details fine and I just need to keep waiting.
Then later after two month I called again to see if there is anything wrong. They answer the same that everything’s ok.
Last time I call after the 13 weeks, they told me nothing to be worry they are just busy and it will take time.
I heard that some people got the decision in 10 day or 2 weeks. Why my application take this long. I don’t know. Its written in the guide if there is something missing or they require any further details they will contact you for interview if the case is complex. But my case is very simple I don’t think I have any complicity.
Anyone have any information or suggestion please let me know
Thanks

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:19 pm

karwan,

Before we can provide an explanation it would be helpful if you provided further information as listed below

1)Was your ELR based on 'assylum'??

2)What is/was your 'stated' country of origin in your assylum application on which the ELR was based?
Where there is a will there is a way.

karwan
Newly Registered

Post by karwan » Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:09 pm

hello
thanks for your answer.

regarding my ELR yes it was based on asylum case, I got the ELR in 18/3/2000.
my country of orgien was Iraq.

regards

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:47 pm

karwan wrote:hello
thanks for your answer.

regarding my ELR yes it was based on asylum case, I got the ELR in 18/3/2000.
my country of orgien was Iraq.

regards
Karwan,

I dont know if you involved a Lawyer/solicitor in your application?? If you did not - it is about time you involved one

ELR is treated in a tricky way - many Iraqi assylum seekers have been recently sent back..the whole point is that ELR is reviewed according to circumstances of the origin country..

According to HO, Iraq is a 'safe' country :roll: therefore your case will be reviewed with regard to the 'situation' in Iraq...

IMHO...ELR does not automatically/necessarily guarrantee ILR
Where there is a will there is a way.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:36 pm

karwan wrote:It’s written in the application that it will take between 3 to 13 weeks.
It also says that some applications will take longer than this especially if they are not straightforward/ are complex - ELR/ Asylum related cases fit this description perfectly. I appreciate your concerns but the best thing to do is be patient and let the Home Office get back to you - make sure they have your correct adress on file for sending the relvant correspondence to you.