ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Internal checking process??

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

blondecappuccino
Newly Registered

Internal checking process??

Post by blondecappuccino » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:33 am

Hi

Im settled in the UK (but Im not a British citizen) and ws born in the Middle East and hold a Middle Eastern passport. I applied to migrate to Australia under the independent skilled occupation in demand and I received a request for my medicals, further proof of employment and other items with a deadline to return them by 05 Nov. 2005 which I did. At the outset I was told my application will take 3-6 months in total but now it is little under a year and now had to postpone important business plans which is very frustrating.I have not yet had my visa. Two things im confused about:

1. I was asked to appear in person to sign a statutory declaration (confirming non-conviction, war crimes, mental health etc.) at the Australian consulate in London and submit with my medicals which I did.

2. I requested for an update (begining of March 2006) and was told by the caseworker that they are awaiting their 'Internal Checking Process' to be complete before they continue with the case.

My questions are:

- is the statutory declaration a normal procedure or just in my case?

- What do they mean by 'Internal Checking Process'? and what does it involve, how long does it take? (its taking now over 4.5)

I would really appreciate your help and advice on this

Regards
Si