ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier - 1 Extension query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sxsharm2
Newly Registered

Tier - 1 Extension query

Post by sxsharm2 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:05 pm

I came to UK in July 2006 on work permit and then switched to Tier-1 General in April 2008 while I was in UK. I need to now apply for an extension from within UK but have following two queries:

1. What is PBS migrant number? - All I have is Home office reference number OR Tier-1 visa number from visa sticker on passport.

2. In Section D Immigration History, what should I say for

"D1: Did applicant obtain entry clearance or visa before entering the United Kingdom"? - As I am applying for Tier-1 extension that I obtained from within UK, should I say "No" and skip to D5.

3. If I skip to D5, then I do not give details of my Tier-1 visa anywhere - really confusing.

Please help / guide.

push
United Kingdom

Re: Tier - 1 Extension query

Post by push » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:09 pm

sxsharm2 wrote:I came to UK in July 2006 on work permit and then switched to Tier-1 General in April 2008 while I was in UK. I need to now apply for an extension from within UK but have following two queries:

1. What is PBS migrant number? - All I have is Home office reference number OR Tier-1 visa number from visa sticker on passport.
Use the visa number
sxsharm2 wrote:2. In Section D Immigration History, what should I say for

"D1: Did applicant obtain entry clearance or visa before entering the United Kingdom"? - As I am applying for Tier-1 extension that I obtained from within UK, should I say "No" and skip to D5.

3. If I skip to D5, then I do not give details of my Tier-1 visa anywhere - really confusing.

Please help / guide.
Enter yes and provide details of the WP. In the additional space provide details/ ref no of your Tier-1 visa as well.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

sxsharm2
Newly Registered

Post by sxsharm2 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:15 pm

Thanks. I assume both answers hold good for my dependants forms also.

Unfortunately, I do not have details of ticket booking or reference number as called for in "D8". Is that a must?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:21 pm

sxsharm2 wrote:Thanks. I assume both answers hold good for my dependants forms also.

Unfortunately, I do not have details of ticket booking or reference number as called for in "D8". Is that a must?
Not sure how you have reached to D8. Ideally you should have jumped to D12 based on your answer to D6. Is the passport that holds current leave to remain missing?
regards,
push

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:22 pm

I hope you are not making the same mistake in the main applicant's form
regards,
push

sxsharm2
Newly Registered

Post by sxsharm2 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:59 pm

I was making that mistake. thanks for pointing out.

One more query on dependent Tier-1 extension visa:
In Section 4, J2, if I tick Tier-1 General, then I have to go to J6, but it looks like J3 (an extension of his/her visa) is also applicable. What should I do?