ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration check point incident in India

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nks

Immigration check point incident in India

Post by nks » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:39 pm

Hi,

This may not be the right category for this post but it was closest amongst available options. I would like to narrate an incident, which happened with me while coming to UK from India. I hold UK Tier-1 visa and came to UK in September '2010. While here, I realized that my passport will soon fall in less than 6 months validity hence got it re-issued from IHC in London. As I couldn't get an offer till December, I travelled back to India and after about one month, now returned. IO in Bangalore asked me various Qs like why I got the passport re-issued in London while I hail from city X? Do I have a UK ID? Do I have a job in UK? etc etc. Finally, he directed me to another counter with remark 'ATD' on my immigration form. The other IO again asked me similar Qs, noted my passport no. and name in a register and sent me back to same counter. This earlier IO now cleared my form and let me go. Now I am intrigued about :
1. What 'ATD' stands for?
2. I hope our passport info would be centralized so they must be able to verify the passport authencity instantly. Am I wrong?
3. Will I face this every time I will be flying out of India?
4. Does someone know the reason for noting passport details against comment 'ATD' stands for what?
5. Did someone in this forum went through a similar episode?

TIA,
nks

T1_Mainframe

Post by T1_Mainframe » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:50 pm

This could be a new acronym invented by IO in India to tease travellers. I would suggest to forget and ignore it.

You should have told them that passport is also renewed aborad. Whats the issue in doing so?