ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding if we fail the test and Ilr get refused?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

betty30
Newly Registered

Regarding if we fail the test and Ilr get refused?

Post by betty30 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:15 pm

Hello,

I just would like to know :

1:What to do if we fail the life in the UK test ?

2: What to do if the ILR get refused ?

Thank you

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Regarding if we fail the test and Ilr get refused?

Post by geriatrix » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:24 pm

betty30 wrote:1:What to do if we fail the life in the UK test ?
Book a test again (you need 7 days notice to do that) and try again. You can try as many times as you like .... until you pass.
betty30 wrote:2: What to do if the ILR get refused ?
Appeal, if given the right to and if you believe the decision was wrong. If no right to appeal, apply for extension of leave in another category that you qualify under.

regards

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:29 am

If you're unable to pass the Life in the UK test before the expiry of your current visa you can apply for an extension on form FLR(M). However, the new regulations require you to pass the A1 English test before you apply for the extension of further leave.

betty30
Newly Registered

Post by betty30 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:07 pm

Thank you all for your reply,

I have other questions please:

1:When do i have to make appointment with the enquiry office one week before or one day before or anytime?

2:My husband will attend with me when i apply for ILR does he need to write any letter to them or only his attendance enough?

3: Do i have to pay the fee before attending or same day of attending and what method of payment ?

Thank you very much

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:24 pm

1. Anytime. When you get an appointment is another matter though.
2. When he is with you, no need for a letter.
3. If applying online, the payment must be made at least 2 days before the appointment. Or you can pay at the PEO at the time of appointment.

See Applying in person at a public enquiry office

regards

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:40 pm

PEO appointment slots generally get fully booked 6 weeks before.

betty30
Newly Registered

Post by betty30 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:16 pm

Hi,

Thank you all for your reply,

I will apply on 14 th March but still i didnt book the appointment with the Peo because iam waiting to pass the life in the UK test on 11 th March then same day i will call to book an appointment with Peo by phone is that possible or not?

Thank you

rajivilr

Post by rajivilr » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:19 pm

Hi Betty

I dont think you can call to book the appointment, you have to look for it online and normally its very difficult to get the appointment. I would request senior members to correct me if i am wrong. I just gave my exam yesterday and cleared it so i would say just book it asap, if by any chance you dont clear you can reapply for it in 7 days. Its easy and I am sure you will clear it without a lot of problems. But would suggest you to book an appointment first and also call them to see when is the next slot available for appointment. I am sure they will ask you to look for it online as they dont take any requests over the phone anymore.

Raj

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:07 pm

rajivilr wrote:Hi Betty

I dont think you can call to book the appointment, you have to look for it online and normally its very difficult to get the appointment. I would request senior members to correct me if i am wrong. I just gave my exam yesterday and cleared it so i would say just book it asap, if by any chance you dont clear you can reapply for it in 7 days. Its easy and I am sure you will clear it without a lot of problems. But would suggest you to book an appointment first and also call them to see when is the next slot available for appointment. I am sure they will ask you to look for it online as they dont take any requests over the phone anymore.

Raj
You can book an appointment by phone but you are very unlikely to get one for 14th March. When does your visa expire? You might be better off applying by post.

betty30
Newly Registered

Post by betty30 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:33 am

hi,

my visa will expire on july 2011 and i would like to apply in person

thank you

rajathwp

Post by rajathwp » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:52 am

Plz book an appointment ASAP as advised by others ...

rajivilr

Post by rajivilr » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:57 am

Yes I think its worth bookiing the appointment asap as otherwise it will be a problem and I would say call them and see if they do book it as once when i called they said that you can only do it online usless there are too many people involved who have to submit there passports at the same time.

Raj

betty30
Newly Registered

Post by betty30 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:38 pm

Hi,

I booked life in the UK test on 19 th March so i will apply for ILR on 21 March , I will Book an appointment for a premium same day service.because still i have time as my visa will expire on july 2011 ,Iam allowed to apply from 13 th March until july anytime, I dont understand why you said that i have to apply asasp because it will be a problem why will it be a problem ?

Thank you

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:44 pm

betty30 wrote:Hi,

I booked life in the UK test on 19 th March so i will apply for ILR on 21 March , I will Book an appointment for a premium same day service.because still i have time as my visa will expire on july 2011 ,Iam allowed to apply from 13 th March until july anytime, I dont understand why you said that i have to apply asasp because it will be a problem why will it be a problem ?

Thank you
You haven't been advised to apply asap, you have been advised to book your appointment asap because they are usually booked up 6 weeks in advance. if you book now you may not be able to get an appointment on 21 March as none will be available.

Also regarding the time between your test and your PEO appointment, please read this post

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=73382

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:48 pm

Betty30, have you booked an appointment for 21-Mar?

The point you are missing - time and again - is that unless you book an appointment for a particular date you cannot assume that you'll be able to apply in person on that date.

e.g. -
I booked life in the UK test on 19 th March so i will apply for ILR on 21 March
Have you booked an appointment for that date? Or are you "hoping" that whenever you call / login online to book, you'll somehow manage to find a suitable appointment for 21-Mar?

People have been trying to tell you to book an appointment for PEO (to apply in person on a date suitable to you) at your earliest convenience because appointments are hard to get!
Casa wrote:PEO appointment slots generally get fully booked 6 weeks before.
Not sure why you have not (yet) been able to get the gist of it.

Also,
I booked life in the UK test on 19 th March so i will apply for ILR on 21 March
If applying in person you need to wait for 2 working days after passing the exam to apply in person. So book an appointment accordingly - if you pass the exam on 19-Mar, don't book an appointment for any earlier than 23-Mar if you wish the decision on your application to be made on the same day as your appontment.

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.

rajivilr

Post by rajivilr » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:48 pm

Betty you also need to keep in mind that when applying in person you can not apply 2 days before and you are on 2 days time only so might be worth checking if you can get life in uk exam appointment brought forward by a couple of days

Raj

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:12 pm

She's doesn't have to rush for an appointment. Her visa doesn't expire until July.
Betty I suggest you take the test and then book your PEO appointment for the first available date....remembering there may not be an open slot until sometime in April .