ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

monte

Post by monte » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:14 pm

time2act & ribak congrats, hopefully PIKKA's turn & my turn come soon.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:19 pm

biggerjosh march 2o11 applied aug 2011 full and final great congrats mate

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:08 pm

IQU wrote:my mate got his approval today...............wohhhhhhhhhhhhhh
CONGRATULATIONS to your mate...............wohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :wink:
PIKKA

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:12 pm

ribak wrote:Hi guys!

Got an approbal today!!!! Woohoo!!!

My timeline is as follow:

Applied: March 2009
Aprroval: dated by 10th of August 2011

Got the letter today, on 23rd

Last week I called to DOJ and one of the ladies said that my file at the minister office, give it another 2-3 monts :) while the decision has already been made

Good luck to everyone!

PS: no additional docs have been requested
CONGRATULATIONS. So it is proved that DOJ Marys and Johns are not correct most of the time.
Are you also from Dublin and have Ceremony on 29 or 30 Sept?
PIKKA

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:13 pm

i dont know when will my turn come ????????????

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:18 pm

monte wrote:time2act & ribak congrats, hopefully PIKKA's turn & my turn come soon.
Oh Yes why not! Just a little more wait and then the dream would come true :P
PIKKA

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:21 pm

IQU wrote:i dont know when will my turn come ????????????
Be patient and learn a good lesson from us who waited sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long. Hopefully you would get yours in less than half of our time. Wohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
PIKKA

monte

Post by monte » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:48 pm

PIKKA, time2act or ribak,

i have a question please as I'm going out of the country for 3 weeks but need to leave things organized before i go in case the approval arrives while I'm away,
1- is the draft payable to Irish naturalization & immigration services ?
2- what's the address these documents needs to sent to,

thanks.

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Re: waiting times

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:16 am

PIKKA wrote:
time2act wrote: Ohh one more thing...this time a question....I have to go out of country in OCT first week and would have submitted my Garda Card to DOJ....would it not cause any problems in reentry to Ireland??
For you I have this quote of one of our lovely Well wisher:
Marisa wrote:Hi everyone, just a very quick update for those who is about to travel and not in a posession of GNIB card anymore
IRISH PHAROE: I just had a great conversation with a lovely lady from Immigration and Passport control in Dublin Airport. She reassured me, gave me her name and put my name on the list (apparently, there is already a list :shock: ).

What you need to do before you go:

1. Call (01) 6664968
2. Have your GNIB card number at hand, she will put it down.
3. Make copies of all related documentation (GNIB etc.)

Hope this helps.
I would like to ask you a question, are you from Dublin or any other county?
that's right, as I rang the number based on Marisa's advise and they told me that I need a copy of my GNIB card and the letter of approval,
I'm coming back to Ireland first week of Spetember and I'll tell you my experience.
peace on you

Gatvol
Newly Registered

Post by Gatvol » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:24 am

Gosh, I'm not alone!

Applied July 2009 and apart from receiving letter of acknowledgement not a word from them. I rang the 1850 no. once and got through after about 2 hours, only to be told by Mary that she cant tell me anything, my application is still being assessed - actually she was downright rude! I nearly cried....

Do they still ask for updated payslips and bankstatements etc. before the decision is made?

In the mean time all I can do is keep watching the post :?

time2act
Newly Registered

Post by time2act » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:42 am

PIKKA wrote:
ribak wrote:Hi guys!

Got an approbal today!!!! Woohoo!!!

My timeline is as follow:

Applied: March 2009
Aprroval: dated by 10th of August 2011

Got the letter today, on 23rd

Last week I called to DOJ and one of the ladies said that my file at the minister office, give it another 2-3 monts :) while the decision has already been made

Good luck to everyone!

PS: no additional docs have been requested
CONGRATULATIONS. So it is proved that DOJ Marys and Johns are not correct most of the time.
Are you also from Dublin and have Ceremony on 29 or 30 Sept?

It was the same for me Ribak,
I was told that the file is with minister...wait for a few months and the decision will be back (the decision came in less then 2 weeks time). The Mary's of section are downright misinformed and rude...most of the time I felt they speak what ever comes to there head without caring for people's situation and sentiments.

I don't mind a few getting sacked and replaced with young people.

time2act
Newly Registered

Re: waiting times

Post by time2act » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:45 am

PIKKA wrote:
time2act wrote: Ohh one more thing...this time a question....I have to go out of country in OCT first week and would have submitted my Garda Card to DOJ....would it not cause any problems in reentry to Ireland??
For you I have this quote of one of our lovely Well wisher:
Marisa wrote:Hi everyone, just a very quick update for those who is about to travel and not in a posession of GNIB card anymore
IRISH PHAROE: I just had a great conversation with a lovely lady from Immigration and Passport control in Dublin Airport. She reassured me, gave me her name and put my name on the list (apparently, there is already a list :shock: ).

What you need to do before you go:

1. Call (01) 6664968
2. Have your GNIB card number at hand, she will put it down.
3. Make copies of all related documentation (GNIB etc.)

Hope this helps.
I would like to ask you a question, are you from Dublin or any other county?

Thanks PIKKA, Marisa for your kind help.
I am from Westmeath.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:49 am

gatvol i think you should send them yours p60 of 2010,2011.some recent payslip with your reference number or copy of knowlegment letter atleast they can check your application file.any way good luck please dont forget to share your experience ...........also check the pm

monte

Post by monte » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:14 am

PIKKA, time2act or ribak,

i have 2 questions please as I'm going out of the country for 3 weeks but need to leave things organized before i go in case the approval arrives while I'm away,
2- what's the address these documents need to be sent to,

thanks.

ribak
Newly Registered

Post by ribak » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:10 pm

Yep, I'm from Dublin, and the ceremony is on 29th and 30th of Sept.

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:28 pm

monte wrote:PIKKA, time2act or ribak,

i have 2 questions please as I'm going out of the country for 3 weeks but need to leave things organized before i go in case the approval arrives while I'm away,
2- what's the address these documents need to be sent to,

thanks.
When my husband got his approval letter with Yellow Form,
* the Draft or Postal Order was payable to "Secretary General, Deptt of Justice and Equality"
* and the Address was the same as for Citizenship Section but there was a Name "Ryan" something on the top of the address.
Anyway when you would get your approval all details would be there in the letter.
PIKKA

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:38 pm

Gatvol wrote:Gosh, I'm not alone!

Applied July 2009 and apart from receiving letter of acknowledgement not a word from them. I rang the 1850 no. once and got through after about 2 hours, only to be told by Mary that she cant tell me anything, my application is still being assessed - actually she was downright rude! I nearly cried....

Do they still ask for updated payslips and bankstatements etc. before the decision is made?

In the mean time all I can do is keep watching the post :?
I can understand your Frustration and disappointment but no one can do anything except be Patient and Positive and Play the game of wait with them.
Yes they can ask you to update your financial details and if you like you can send your details voluntarily but if you are not working at the moment and cannot arrange the payslips etc then don't ask them for anything and wait for their response.
PIKKA

antares725
Newly Registered

Post by antares725 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:12 pm

monte wrote:PIKKA, time2act or ribak,

i have a question please as I'm going out of the country for 3 weeks but need to leave things organized before i go in case the approval arrives while I'm away,
2- what's the address these documents needs to sent to,

thanks.
1-Fee payment can be made by way of Bank Draft or postal order made payable to the Secretary General,Department of Justice and Equality
2-adress was: Carmel Ryan Citizenship Section, Heffernan House, Dundrum Road, Tipperary Town

Be aware they might change abowe mentioned as procedure was changed recently so no Yellow Forms involved in the process any more.

monte

Post by monte » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:43 am

antares725 & PIKKA,
Thank you very much.

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:21 pm

Moms waiting for nearly 47 months now.. what a long and tedious, horrid wait..

AUCK

Post by AUCK » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:09 pm

yeah we don’t know really what the justification for it is people applied in 2010 got their approval and we have been leftover to live with anxiety.........&....stress

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:53 pm

AUCK wrote:yeah we don’t know really what the justification for it is people applied in 2010 got their approval and we have been leftover to live with anxiety.........&....stress
So true.. seriously, waiting since 2007 is crazy they should've gotten them out of the way first! Pfff, hopefully our turn next :)

catch_hunter

Post by catch_hunter » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:43 pm

I am currently on stamp-4 valid for next 2 years.

I got my LTR approval letter yesterday after 9 months (applied Dec 2010). Now, they have asked me to deposit €500 in next 28 days.

I am not sure if I should pay or wait for the naturalisation (applied Dec 2010) to come.

In case I pay €500 for the LTR and go for GNIB renewal, probably I will be sent back to come after 2 years when my current GNIB card will be expiring to get a stamp for 3 years from then. So, what is the benefit?

Some people reckon if I take the LTR it speeds up the naturalisation process though there is no concrete evidence for that.

Please let me know anybody has any idea.

Thanks in advance!

monte

Post by monte » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:57 pm

Hi catch_hunter,
I'm sure there are a lot of things that you can use the 500 euros for,
but it seems to me that getting the LTR is definitely worth it, after reading many posts in this form and talking to people & reading minister shatter statements it seems the LTR help to skip the garda check which really takes a long time ( I'm waiting for my garda check which was request it in Dec 2010).
so maybe there's no strong evidence for that but if I were you, I'll definitely get the LTR and submit it to INIS. & I believe your current GNIB will be your last as you'll be Irish before you have to renew it,
Good luck.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:10 pm

if i was in your position i will definetly submit my LTR to citizenship division.because i read in alot of post once you got LTR your application is much quicker than another applicant.so dont worry for anything should submit yours LTR.just think these 500 euro you put the charity box .