ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:28 pm

IQU wrote:the best thing is you can contact your local td explain him write you the refrence letter .you can send this letter to citizenship divsion you might get little quicker ?
Really! I didn't know you could do that. How do I know who my local TD is n how do I contact him??

Cheers!

Bell2
BANNED

Post by Bell2 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:14 pm

Angel592 wrote:
IQU wrote:the best thing is you can contact your local td explain him write you the refrence letter .you can send this letter to citizenship divsion you might get little quicker ?
Really! I didn't know you could do that. How do I know who my local TD is n how do I contact him??

Cheers!

You will be dissapointed that, your local TD has to actually go through the ombudsman to lay their support for you in accordance to the statute, then the ombudsman headed by emily o'reilly will then scrutinise the letter of support before submission to the appropriate department for action.

But you better fight for your legitimate and promisory estopell rights stated in the correspondences per your immigration right, rather than expecting a miracle, like council house allocations whereby some county or local council Councillor will be voting on who to give affordable houses to and who not to give and lock it up empty for waste. :P

beady eye

Post by beady eye » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:02 pm

Bell2 wrote:
oh no angel country again.

@ IQU: dude the TD dont write reference letters just like that for ppl they only raise matter in the parliment where ministrs replies back but it does not guarantee anything.

@ ANGEL: you can find out who is ur local td on either labour.ie or finegael.ie in your area n pop into them to ask question on ur behalf. but thats the best they cud do. also u can find out replies on this website kildarestreet.com just search citizenship n u see all ans.

jebbaolu
BANNED

Post by jebbaolu » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:19 am

beady eye wrote:
Bell2 wrote:
oh no angel country again.

@ IQU: dude the TD dont write reference letters just like that for ppl they only raise matter in the parliment where ministrs replies back but it does not guarantee anything.

@ ANGEL: you can find out who is ur local td on either labour.ie or finegael.ie in your area n pop into them to ask question on ur behalf. but thats the best they cud do. also u can find out replies on this website kildarestreet.com just search citizenship n u see all ans.
That's leadership question time on order of business, i don't think you know the Dail proceeding and how they operate.

Now why would you want your local politicians to write a reference letter for you ? :roll:

dodo123
Newly Registered

Post by dodo123 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:00 am

jebbaolu,ange country,bell2 all still the same.moderator get him banned

IRLIN
Newly Registered

Post by IRLIN » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:07 am

Did not see any approvals from july in this forum, do you have any of your friends got approvals in last 3 month's, as i can see All CONS only no approvals in this forum from july. All are getting the same reply from INIS that "waiting on outside agency" ?

jebbaolu
BANNED

Post by jebbaolu » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:47 am

dodo123 wrote:jebbaolu,ange country,bell2 all still the same.moderator get him banned
I will be back again until you allowed freedom of speech enshrined in any country constitution harry, are you upset for most point of corrections ?
:P

AUCK

Post by AUCK » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:00 am

After 24 days of being application for naturalisation Form 8 lodged to citizenship Division for my dad's. Received an acknowledgement letter details as follows..

Please note that they did not mention how long it will take to process?

Here is the letter they send to us. With 5digit application ref no. Excluding 68/ & /11

Dear X

I am directed by the Minister for Justice and Equality to acknowledge receipt of your application for naturalisation along with supporting documents.

Reference No. 68/xxxxx/11 has been assigned to your case and you should have this number to hand if you need to contact this office.

Please notify us in writing quoting the above reference number, if you move address or if there is a change in you circumstances (marriage, employment, etc.) which you consider might affect your application. Verbal instructions in this regard cannot be accepted.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Your application has not been examined in detail and we will be unable to confirm if it is a valid application or that you meet the statutory conditions for naturalisation until a detailed examination takes place.

Yours sincerely,

AUCK

Post by AUCK » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:14 am

Hi guys look at this…

They deliberately delay our application from time to time… according to Minister?

http://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id= ... itizenship

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:06 pm

I hope by referring to Angel Country you're not talking to me.. lol cuz I aint Angel Country, I've been here for a good while :/

Just wanna make sure.
Cheers.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:30 pm

Not at all Angel592 :wink:

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:43 pm

Casa wrote:Not at all Angel592 :wink:
:)

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:45 pm

by the way.. my dad had my citizenship letters etc in dis folder n i cant find them anywhere. i really want to call up the inis n find out where my application is now, but i can't find my reference number because i dunno where that folder has gone. is there any way i can get my reference number?

samchoopra

ring to citizenship office

Post by samchoopra » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:44 pm

hi,
could some 1 pls tell me at what days i can ring to INIS and what are preffered timmings.what is mean by this lo-call no 1890 i have a mobile no land line so will this number cost me every minute or it will cost me just once same as 1850 number charges only once 30 cents.
thanks if some would like to help me out.

ostrich
Nigeria

Post by ostrich » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:45 pm

AUCK wrote:After 24 days of being application for naturalisation Form 8 lodged to citizenship Division for my dad's. Received an acknowledgement letter details as follows..

Please note that they did not mention how long it will take to process?

Here is the letter they send to us. With 5digit application ref no. Excluding 68/ & /11

Dear X

I am directed by the Minister for Justice and Equality to acknowledge receipt of your application for naturalisation along with supporting documents.

Reference No. 68/xxxxx/11 has been assigned to your case and you should have this number to hand if you need to contact this office.

Please notify us in writing quoting the above reference number, if you move address or if there is a change in you circumstances (marriage, employment, etc.) which you consider might affect your application. Verbal instructions in this regard cannot be accepted.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Your application has not been examined in detail and we will be unable to confirm if it is a valid application or that you meet the statutory conditions for naturalisation until a detailed examination takes place.

Yours sincerely,

On what ground is your dad applying?
Its never too late

irishtobe

Post by irishtobe » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:19 pm

I have applied for citizenship on april 2008 and i am still waiting for an answer or a decision .I have contact them in 9 occasions by registred post and local TD asking about the statute of my application and all what they replied is " it's on going ...etc "or some peaple take longer becouse where they come from ?????? Many of the people i know that have applied almost the same period have got their passports now or year ago. I have been working all the time , paying my taxes ,never asked for social walfar ,i am suporting my wife she cant take work at the moment no issues at all with the low,very clean record but there you go bought house here i am involved in alots of charity jobs,,,,,, i feel like my application is just been ignored . :shock:

One day

Post by One day » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:29 am

Hi irishtobe

My friend I'm in the same situation I really feel what ur going through , I applied sep 2008 every time I ring same answer in process I'm getting stressed from this process

My neighbour only applied in aug 2010 and got her passport it's very unfair what the INIS are doing I really don't know why the delay

I hope we all get our CON soon

AUCK

Post by AUCK » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:53 am

"ostrich wrote"

On what ground is your dad applying?
he applied based on 5yrs legal residence i.e.(WP) and family ties i.e. his son and daughter and 7 other extended family members are an Irish citizen.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:56 am

My wife (July-2009 applicant) called up INIS today and she was informed that her file is with the minster. But they did not give any indication on how much longer it would take.

One day

Post by One day » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:25 pm

Rang INIS

Was told last week I'll get a call didn't receive any call , yea we are looking at you application it's still in process , thank you . I can't help you more bye

That's all I got , back to the waiting game very stressed with all this

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:09 pm

is any body ring citizenship divsion today? is anyone know when will be the next ceromany ??????????????

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:09 pm

Angel592 wrote:by the way.. my dad had my citizenship letters etc in dis folder n i cant find them anywhere. i really want to call up the inis n find out where my application is now, but i can't find my reference number because i dunno where that folder has gone. is there any way i can get my reference number?

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:21 pm

Also, does marriage to an EU citizen (British) make the application process go any faster than usual? or is it on marriage to Irish citizens?

Sohanjanvi
Newly Registered

Post by Sohanjanvi » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:01 pm

One day wrote:Hi irishtobe

My friend I'm in the same situation I really feel what ur going through , I applied sep 2008 every time I ring same answer in process I'm getting stressed from this process

My neighbour only applied in aug 2010 and got her passport it's very unfair what the INIS are doing I really don't know why the delay

Hi Dear One Day and Irishtobe;
Guys i am in same situation too.Applied Feb 2008 and living here since April 2001.Same routine answer, Your Report has to come, Know few more guys from 2007 waiting, Dont know what to do.May God help us.

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:06 pm

Sohanjanvi wrote:
One day wrote:Hi irishtobe

Hi Dear One Day and Irishtobe;
Guys i am in same situation too.Applied Feb 2008 and living here since April 2001.Same routine answer, Your Report has to come, Know few more guys from 2007 waiting, Dont know what to do.May God help us.

Yikes. That's about nearly the same as us. We've been living here since 1999. Mom applied in 2007.. and waiting

sad sad times.