ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jonny321

Help Please

Post by jonny321 » Thu May 03, 2012 1:43 pm

I sent an email to department and got reply.... can someone tell me what is the status of this email...

''Your application is currently being processed with a view to establishing
whether it meets the statutory conditions for the granting of
naturalisation and will be submitted to the Minister for decision as
expeditiously as possible.
The granting of Irish citizenship through naturalisation is a privilege and
an honour which confers certain rights and entitlements not only within the
State but also at European Union level and it important that appropriate
procedures are in place to preserve the integrity of the process"

NewIrish

Re: Help Please

Post by NewIrish » Thu May 03, 2012 2:05 pm

jonny321 wrote:I sent an email to department and got reply.... can someone tell me what is the status of this email...

I think this is just a standard reply....good luck

To what email address you send your email?

waitingcitizen

Post by waitingcitizen » Thu May 03, 2012 2:12 pm

That's a standard format for a status enquiry , stages for approval are not known until we receive final approval.I know for sure that applications are being considered on day today basis as few months ago i was getting a reply we have received your application, now the reply is waiting for reports. Hopefully it will be done soon.

seasayoub
BANNED

Post by seasayoub » Thu May 03, 2012 2:52 pm

jonny321 wrote:I sent an email to department and got reply.... can someone tell me what is the status of this email...

When you at initial stage, that's when they use such text and when you get to further processing department, that's when report's is been collated from various outside agencies before sending them forward to the minister for approval.

Furthermore, please be aware that, each individual country in the European super state has jurisdiction in determining their naturalization system not remotes by any members state, once approved you will then become Irish/European citizen. :D

Hope that help a bit.

jonny321

Post by jonny321 » Thu May 03, 2012 9:12 pm

NewIrish wrote:

I think this is just a standard reply....good luck

To what email address you send your email?
Thanks mate

Email add is

info@justice.ie

jonny321

Post by jonny321 » Thu May 03, 2012 9:14 pm

seasayoub wrote:

When you at initial stage, that's when they use such text and when you get to further processing department, that's when report's is been collated from various outside agencies before sending them forward to the minister for
approval.

Thanks for the info mate hope we all get our approvals soon

Furthermore, please be aware that, each individual country in the European super state has jurisdiction in determining their naturalization system not remotes by any members state, once approved you will then become Irish/European citizen. :D

Hope that help a bit.

skyegirl
Newly Registered

Citizenship Approved

Post by skyegirl » Fri May 04, 2012 1:27 pm

Just for interest sake for those monitoring waiting times:

I Applied in Feb 2011 based on 5 years residency, Additional information was requested from me in March 2011, Approval received April 2012 along with request for fee and the invitation to ceremony in June 2012.
After 11 years of living in the EU with a non EU passport I am finally on the road to no more travel visa's and restrictions! Could not be happier!!

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri May 04, 2012 2:31 pm

good luck everone for coming weeks

Newly Registered

Post by 4000 » Sun May 06, 2012 1:02 pm

I asked a question a few weeks ago on this forum but nobody gave me an answer to it.
Is it correct that some people receive approval letters together with the invitation to a ceremony?I received my approval letter and a request to send the 950 and no invitation to a ceremony, posted the money biggining of April and have not heard from them with regard to the ceremony or acknowledgement of receipt of the money, can someone clarify.
Thanks

Naija

Post by Naija » Sun May 06, 2012 8:41 pm

[quote="4000"]I asked a question a few weeks ago on this forum but nobody gave me an answer to it.
Is it correct that some people receive approval letters together with the invitation to a ceremony?I received my approval letter and a request to send the 950 and no invitation to a ceremony, posted the money biggining of April and have not heard from them with regard to the ceremony or acknowledgement of receipt of the money, can someone clarify.
Thanks
Yes,that is correct.It just depends how lucky you are to recieve both.I recieved my own approval letter together with invitation to ceremony and other details and second piece of paper,which is actually a form,asking for 950 e and other things and the adress you send it to was included.Quite a lot of people got it that way,yellow(like my own),pink,blue coloured letters.I would say u wont fall into this June ceremony(as fee and phots and gnib have to be sent to them by 11th of May in order to attend June ceremony)but rather later,so im sure they will issue you invitation later on,for the next one possibly.I wouldn't worry,but if u sent it by registered post,you can check on the post office website with the tracking number as to when your letter was recieved in citizenship section and by which officer.So u clearly have proof they got it.Anyway good luck for the invitation.At least you dont have to worry over approval anymore. :)

Newly Registered

Post by 4000 » Mon May 07, 2012 10:32 am

Naija wrote:
4000 wrote:I asked a question a few weeks ago on this forum but nobody gave me an answer to it.
Thanks
Yes,that is correct.It just depends how lucky you are to recieve both.I recieved my own approval letter together with invitation to ceremony and other details and second piece of paper,which is actually a form,asking for 950 e and other things and the adress you send it to was included.Quite a lot of people got it that way,yellow(like my own),pink,blue coloured letters.I would say u wont fall into this June ceremony(as fee and phots and gnib have to be sent to them by 11th of May in order to attend June ceremony)but rather later,so im sure they will issue you invitation later on,for the next one possibly.I wouldn't worry,but if u sent it by registered post,you can check on the post office website with the tracking number as to when your letter was recieved in citizenship section and by which officer.So u clearly have proof they got it.Anyway good luck for the invitation.At least you dont have to worry over approval anymore. :)
Thanks Naija, I actually posted the 950, photos and GNIB biggining of April so was expecting response before the June ceremony.

samchoopra

hi

Post by samchoopra » Mon May 07, 2012 2:03 pm

any news bout 2011 applicants.Any one from 2011 got any reply pls share.
forum looks very quite look like only 2011 and 2012 people left to get answers.every one else got their naturalization from previous years.

dania

Re: hi

Post by dania » Mon May 07, 2012 2:36 pm

samchoopra wrote:any news bout 2011 applicants.Any one from 2011 got any reply pls share.
forum looks very quite look like only 2011 and 2012 people left to get answers.every one else got their naturalization from previous years.
hi i applied in june 2010 still waiting yet and no answer from them :(
"The world suffers a lot.Not because of the violence of bad people,but because of the silence of good people!" [Napolean]

dania

Post by dania » Mon May 07, 2012 2:42 pm

hi is there anybody here who applied in june 2010 or bofore ,is there any updates for the people who applied at that time or before thanks!!!
"The world suffers a lot.Not because of the violence of bad people,but because of the silence of good people!" [Napolean]

ad 307
Newly Registered

Post by ad 307 » Tue May 08, 2012 10:43 am

dania wrote:hi is there anybody here who applied in june 2010 or bofore ,is there any updates for the people who applied at that time or before thanks!!!

i applied in feb 2010 and still waiting....based in irish marriage...own my house....kid...and working...

seasayoub
BANNED

Post by seasayoub » Tue May 08, 2012 2:18 pm

ad 307 wrote:
dania wrote:hi is there anybody here who applied in june 2010 or bofore ,is there any updates for the people who applied at that time or before thanks!!!

i applied in feb 2010 and still waiting....based in irish marriage...own my house....kid...and working...
Even if you owned the department of taoiseach, Irish citizenship is granted base on common good, good character, not posing a threat to the state and the ogra entirety and Irish naturalization is also granted by the minister discretional power dated back to the ministarial and secretary act 1922 and the citizenship act of 1956 contrary to the immigration and protection bill 2008. Hope that answers your question a bit in more elaborate manner, goodluck and all the best. :lol:

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Tue May 08, 2012 2:45 pm

ad 307 wrote:

I am from May 2010. Recently got LTR 2 weeks ago, and now still waiting for citizenship response.

Even after getting LTR they are saying to me that for naturalization your Garda Report is waiting :(
And they are saying this for the last 6 months to me :(

starbuck

Post by starbuck » Tue May 08, 2012 2:51 pm

alpha_1 wrote: I am from May 2010. Recently got LTR 2 weeks ago, and now still waiting for citizenship response.

Even after getting LTR they are saying to me that for naturalization your Garda Report is waiting :(
alpha_1 --> Send them your LTR approval. Mention to them that garda report is done on LTR and that it would speed up the process. This would help you. Btw did you pay the 500 quid and also got your GNIB stamped etc ? if So send all those details to them ..

*$

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Tue May 08, 2012 3:16 pm

starbuck wrote:
alpha_1 wrote: I am from May 2010. Recently got LTR 2 weeks ago, and now still waiting for citizenship response.

alpha_1 --> Send them your LTR approval. Mention to them that garda report is done on LTR and that it would speed up the process. This would help you. Btw did you pay the 500 quid and also got your GNIB stamped etc ? if So send all those details to them ..

*$
Actually my visa is valid till next year, so I'v not stamped the passport yet.

But I already sent them the LTR cert copy. I told them that garda report is done, but its strange that when I spoke to INIS dept, first they said that they will request the garda report from LTR, and then later I called again to ask if they have requested that report or not, then they said that, they will not request garda report from LTR dept.

Now I don't know why they are providing contradictory answers to me, when 1 of their colleague says something and other says something else.

It does not make any sense to me.

starbuck

Post by starbuck » Tue May 08, 2012 7:21 pm

alpha_1 wrote:
But I already sent them the LTR cert copy. I told them that garda report is done, but its strange that when I spoke to INIS dept, first they said that they will request the garda report from LTR, and then later I called again to ask if they have requested that report or not, then they said that, they will not request garda report from LTR dept.
Now I don't know why they are providing contradictory answers to me, when 1 of their colleague says something and other says something else.
The most frustrating part of INIS is inconsistent answers .. however i guess LTR garda would go to them .. dont worry thats why citizenship is much faster if u get a LTR .. good luck .. keep us posted on how it works out ..

cheers
*$

dania

Post by dania » Wed May 09, 2012 9:52 am

hi is there any body have any information that after june when is the next ceremony and when and how many r the next ceremonies till the end of this year :roll:

seasayoub
BANNED

Re: Citizenship Approved

Post by seasayoub » Wed May 09, 2012 12:37 pm

skyegirl wrote:Just for interest sake for those monitoring waiting times:

I Applied in Feb 2011 based on 5 years residency, Additional information was requested from me in March 2011, Approval received April 2012 along with request for fee and the invitation to ceremony in June 2012.
After 11 years of living in the EU with a non EU passport I am finally on the road to no more travel visa's and restrictions! Could not be happier!!
That's wonderful skyegirl, wonders shall never end, infact i applied in october 2010 and was informed that, if i dont submit my country birth certificate they'll not pass it through and allocate reference number, in january 2011 i got it sorted by my mom and sent to me by DHL, february 2011 i was allocated a reference number for initial stage, and in february 2012 i gave them a call to ascertained what the story was, i was informed to send them proof of address which i sent, then i was allocated a new reference number from further processing department, that was it, now we have to start asking now, is there any chronological order processing at all ?

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Wed May 09, 2012 4:22 pm

starbuck wrote:
alpha_1 wrote:
The most frustrating part of INIS is inconsistent answers .. however i guess LTR garda would go to them .. dont worry thats why citizenship is much faster if u get a LTR .. good luck .. keep us posted on how it works out ..

cheers
*$
Thanks, yes I will update my status here once I know anything new about my case.

Regarding new ceremony date, the lady i spoke to, told me that she thinks that it will be end of august. But not sure until it is announced.

guinness
Newly Registered

Post by guinness » Wed May 09, 2012 5:15 pm

I Applied for citizenship on 8/2011, i got a letter today saying no continous residence for a year because my previous stamp expired on 29/7/2011 and new one on 01/8/2011. So there is a gap of 3 days in between stamps...

dania

Post by dania » Wed May 09, 2012 5:52 pm

guinness wrote:I Applied for citizenship on 8/2011, i got a letter today saying no continous residence for a year because my previous stamp expired on 29/7/2011 and new one on 01/8/2011. So there is a gap of 3 days in between stamps...
what does it mean do they refuse you or ask u to apply again or what?