ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (PSW) processing times

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kumarpsw

Post by kumarpsw » Sat May 26, 2012 9:22 am

Greenie: Then take action against UKBA

kartik_r
BANNED

Post by kartik_r » Sat May 26, 2012 9:52 am

kapil2500 wrote:guys i was just wondering as to which is the actual reference no.

is it the one on the biometric letter or the one one the acknowledgement letter. because both of them have reference no.
the one on biometric says "case reference no" and the one on acknowledgement letter says "our reference no."

thanks in advance
Acknowledgement letter - Application reference Number
bio metric letter - Case ID
If you register a email - Complaint Number
complaint

Look all 3 are different bu the f*ucking fact is that they dont really give a f*uck about any of these number.

kartik_r
BANNED

Post by kartik_r » Sat May 26, 2012 10:02 am

Tihod wrote:
kartik_r wrote:
Tihod wrote:
kartik_r wrote:
Application Made: 10th Feb,2012
Acknowledgement dt: 14 Feb 2012
Payment taken : 16 feb 2012 ( mode of payment , bankers draft... national westminster bank
Biometric Letter Dated: 18 Apr,2012
Biometric received by post on and Enrolled in the post office same day: 23rd apr 2012

when will i get ? i applied 1 month (look at the timeline above) before you but they sent bio metric on 18th apr 2012 which is not my mistake ... but any ways i am only suffering and not the home office b*astards
Khaleel and kartik, I also did biometrics on 23 march like u although I applied on 20 feb. I think we all will have some hope of getting in this week.
ok, thanks for that. but, you kno what... theu consider applications based on bio metric letters... so, should it take aug for me... because they deal with mar 19th appns as of now..

if they do my file by aug its very bad man.. its un fair..

Kartik u did biometrics on 23 march or 23 April, bcoz as per ur timeline it shows u submitted on 10 feb, then y it took so long if it's in April to send biometrics.
Bio metric letter generated from their system on 18th apr 2012 after pressing the UKBA's back for more than 2 and 1/2 months.( after so many phone calls, emails, letter in post and fax, furthermore, chased from uni visa team as well)....

Yes, application made on 10th feb 2012... but how will i be able to answer you as how did it take so long. Am i working for UKba ?

The post man b*ast*ard took 5 days to despatch the bio metric letter to me and on 23rd apr 2012 as soon as i received it,i went to post office and registered bio metric finger impressions..

What will i answer about post offcie service, its bull shit.. and due to post man delay of 5 days ( bio metric should be done on 19th mar if its delivered next day)..... now on looking at their current pace.., the difference of 5 days in bio metric would have given opportunity to around 16,000 people to go ahead of me in the work queue ( who would have registered from apr 18 to 23rd 2012)...

how many months more still will these take... its the worst immigration in the world

kartik_r
BANNED

Post by kartik_r » Sat May 26, 2012 10:08 am

easydoesit wrote:
kartik_r wrote:
Tihod wrote:
kartik_r wrote:
ok, thanks for that. but, you kno what... theu consider applications based on bio metric letters... so, should it take aug for me... because they deal with mar 19th appns as of now..

if they do my file by aug its very bad man.. its un fair..

Kartik u did biometrics on 23 march or 23 April, bcoz as per ur timeline it shows u submitted on 10 feb, then y it took so long if it's in April to send biometrics.
Yes, more than 2 months to receive bio metric, but how do i know.. they should send it in 28 days of application as per rule.. but they never go by rule..
well i applied on feb 1 and received my biometric on 23 March after 53 days whereas one of my friends received her biometric letter within 15 days and she applied after 20 march
my timeline
Application Sent: 1st Feb 2012 (Special delivery)
Acknowledgement letter received : 7th Feb 2012
Biometric invitation received: 10th March 2012 (Mistake in letter)
Second Biometric invitation received: 23rd March 2012
Biometrics done:24th March 2012 Camden Post Office
Passport : waiting
BRP : waiting

Its simply not fair i have refused 4 job offers and will have to refuse another this week as the company has already waited 4 weeks for me I can t really blame them but can only curse UKBA.
dude, there you go...

you've a specific reason for your 54 days delay ( mistake in letter) but for ex ppl like me without any reason they have taken 74 days to send bio metric.. and due to that my file will be seen after hell a lot of ppl who gave bio metric (74 days gap) in the interim....

which is totally un fair and i should continue the same f*cking life that i am going through for 3 or 4 more months and just keep paying rent to landlord.

easydoesit
Newly Registered

Post by easydoesit » Sat May 26, 2012 11:25 am

kartik_r wrote:
easydoesit wrote:
kartik_r wrote:
Tihod wrote:

Yes, more than 2 months to receive bio metric, but how do i know.. they should send it in 28 days of application as per rule.. but they never go by rule..
well i applied on feb 1 and received my biometric on 23 March after 53 days whereas one of my friends received her biometric letter within 15 days and she applied after 20 march
my timeline

Its simply not fair i have refused 4 job offers and will have to refuse another this week as the company has already waited 4 weeks for me I can t really blame them but can only curse UKBA.
dude, there you go...

you've a specific reason for your 54 days delay ( mistake in letter) but for ex ppl like me without any reason they have taken 74 days to send bio metric.. and due to that my file will be seen after hell a lot of ppl who gave bio metric (74 days gap) in the interim....

which is totally un fair and i should continue the same f*cking life that i am going through for 3 or 4 more months and just keep paying rent to landlord.

Actually NO i can only explain 10 odd days of delay due to mistake in letter but what about almost 2 months for the bio metric letter and now more than 2 months after bio its not easy to refuse jobs man its hard job finding a job and then getting the interviews cleared and at the very end when they ask for your passport you have to say i have not got it

kartik_r
BANNED

Post by kartik_r » Sat May 26, 2012 11:53 am

easydoesit wrote:
kartik_r wrote:
easydoesit wrote:
kartik_r wrote:
my timeline

dude, there you go...

Actually NO i can only explain 10 odd days of delay due to mistake in letter but what about almost 2 months for the bio metric letter and now more than 2 months after bio its not easy to refuse jobs man its hard job finding a job and then getting the interviews cleared and at the very end when they ask for your passport you have to say i have not got it
Its same here, dont you know that every one is facing the same situation , i have lost 3 good Investment Banking Opportunities due to the UKba.

You can't do any thing mate. Can you ? UKBA - Home office ( is a govt orgn). I refrain from your time line... You applied on

Date of Application : 1 Feb 2012

Date of 1st bio metric letter - 10th Mar 2012

You received it on 10th so hopefully the letter would have had a date (Mar 1 - 7 , 2012)... which is 28 working days from the date of application...

Your friend received the bio metric letter within 15 days from application ( she is lucky that's it.. it will not happen to every one)... But, your bio metric was sent as per rule which is 28 working days from date of application or for few ppl its 28 working days from date of payment taken...

Hope i was able to clear you on this regard

Tihod

Post by Tihod » Sat May 26, 2012 11:59 am

Redempless wrote:Everyone now moved to facebook lol....

Guys there is a good news. Today my Fr'd called me and told that today she received the passport. Her timeline is like this
Application sent - 20 feb.
Biometrics done- 23 march
Documents received- 26 may
BRP - waiting

walkowitz

Post by walkowitz » Sat May 26, 2012 12:14 pm

Tihod wrote:

Guys there is a good news. Today my Fr'd called me and told that today she received the passport. Her timeline is like this
BRP - waiting
This means 23 March peoples are getting there Docs and BRP by this week.

hcampbell01
Newly Registered

Post by hcampbell01 » Sat May 26, 2012 12:30 pm

walkowitz wrote:
Tihod wrote:

BRP - waiting
I reall dont think anyone should be getting too excited as most people on the 22nd march biometrics have not received anything yet and there are still a large number of people who did biometrics before march 22nd who have not received anything yet. Dont get too excited bc the majority of people will still have a couple of weeeks wait.

walkowitz

Post by walkowitz » Sat May 26, 2012 12:38 pm

hcampbell01 wrote:
walkowitz wrote:
Tihod wrote:

BRP - waiting
I reall dont think anyone should be getting too excited as most people on the 22nd march biometrics have not received anything yet and there are still a large number of people who did biometrics before march 22nd who have not received anything yet. Dont get too excited bc the majority of people will still have a couple of weeeks wait.
What man you are demotivating ...

hcampbell01
Newly Registered

Post by hcampbell01 » Sat May 26, 2012 12:51 pm

walkowitz wrote:
hcampbell01 wrote:
walkowitz wrote:
Tihod wrote:

BRP - waiting
What man you are demotivating ...
I just dont think there is any point in getting your hopes up because it is horrible sitting in everyday ( like i did last week waiting for mine) because everyone said it should be arriving. It is too stressful when you expect it to arrive and it does not. Not demotivating just avoid extra stress because UKBA arent the most reliable.

Redempless

Post by Redempless » Sat May 26, 2012 1:12 pm

2 Applicants got their docs today and their biometric date was 23 March,2012. its a good sign.

hcampbell01
Newly Registered

Post by hcampbell01 » Sat May 26, 2012 1:24 pm

what about everyone who did biometrics before the 22nd? What are they supposed to think now? are they supposed to be getting stressed out and think there is something wrong with their application because 2 people after their date have received theirs. I agree it is nice for everyone after the dates to see it is moving along but it just makes it more difficult for the large amount of people who have not received their visa and who did the biometrics before the 23rd. That being said , congratualations to everyone from the 23rd who has received their visa they are very very lucky and i hope they appreciate it. I dont understand UKBAs system at all surely they would want to finish all the documents from the same date first before moving on...apparently not.
STRESSFUL

shresta
Newly Registered

Re: psw processing timings

Post by shresta » Sat May 26, 2012 1:54 pm

easydoesit wrote:
shresta wrote:My application time line:

Application sent feb 21 2012
Acknowledgement recieved March 5th 2012
Biometrics letter March 23rd 2012
Biometrics enrollement march 23rd 2012 with 1 dependent
Documents and BRP: waiting

hi guys,

I had an problem with my application,regarding the Bank statements
Today morning i got an email from UKBA regarding the Bank statements
email follows as
I am currently considering your Tier 1 Post Study work application, however your bank statements show your funds falling below the required threshold on 08/02/12.

You require £800 for yourself plus £533 for your dependant, which equals £1333. Your closing balance on 08/02/12 is £434.66. Therefore you need to provide evidence of having £898.34 for the period 08/02/12. You must have £800 in your name. Your dependant can provide bank statements in his name to cover his maintenance.
I will keep you case on hold until 01/06/12.

But my problem is I had maintained balance more than 90 days period
which covers from November 3rd 2011 to February 7th 2012.(nearly 103 days)
On the 8th february i transfered to my friend as he need it (as i borrowed money for funds) and on the bank statement there is one transaction on 1st february and again on 8th february ...so i got the statement from bank showing balance 434 pounds.bank people said as i dnt have transactions between 1st to 8th they could nt give me statement, so as there is no time for applying another statement i applied with same statement which is stating November 2011 to feb 8th statement.

It already covered 90 days period during November 3 rd 2011 to january 31st it is exactly 90 days.

Now due to UKBA sent an email to me , i requested bank to send the statement again upto 1st of february transactions so that i could send a letter through solicitor stating that i already maintained funds for 90 days.

Please friends help me out., if u have any suggestions....iam worried about rejection of visa.

u might wanna ring 01226261226 talk to their call centre in India rather than employees at the branch (they are rubbish) and request for the letter mentioned by one of the people on this forum. Please make sure you dictate them what you want the letter to say and tell them you want it urgently. I had problems in getting the letter from the branch (they just wont write it down) and this is what I did. If you tell them you need it urgently they will put it in first class post before 3 and you should have it the next day.

I ll also suggest that you tell them that the letter should say that you "have had the funds of xxxx in your bank account CONSECUTIVELY for a period of 90 days FROM xx-xx-xxxx to xx-xx-xxxx". In this way it will say 90 days and will say the amount of money and it also say the date is less than a month from when you made your application effectively meaning that the case worker will have all his answers and you will have all the boxes ticked.

As this is what UKBA wants the letter to say

Letter from bank confirming funds and that they have been in the bank for a consecutive 90 day period, ending no more than one calendar month before the date of application.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... dance1.pdf

thank u.I cald upon that number and said letter was urgent they told me i cannot get it next day, they take minimum 5 working days.i lost my hopes in getting my visa. :(

Tihod

Post by Tihod » Sat May 26, 2012 2:09 pm

shresta wrote:
easydoesit wrote:

hi guys,

email follows as
I am currently considering your Tier 1 Post Study work application, however your bank statements show your funds falling below the required threshold on 08/02/12.

You require £800 for yourself plus £533 for your dependant, which equals £1333. Your closing balance on 08/02/12 is £434.66. Therefore you need to provide evidence of having £898.34 for the period 08/02/12. You must have £800 in your name. Your dependant can provide bank statements in his name to cover his maintenance.

On the 8th february i transfered to my friend as he need it (as i borrowed money for funds) and on the bank statement there is one transaction on 1st february and again on 8th february ...so i got the statement from bank showing balance 434 pounds.bank people said as i dnt have transactions between 1st to 8th they could nt give me statement, so as there is no time for applying another statement i applied with same statement which is stating November 2011 to feb 8th statement.

It already covered 90 days period during November 3 rd 2011 to january 31st it is exactly 90 days.

Now due to UKBA sent an email to me , i requested bank to send the statement again upto 1st of february transactions so that i could send a letter through solicitor stating that i already maintained funds for 90 days.

Please friends help me out., if u have any suggestions....iam worried about rejection of visa.

u might wanna ring 01226261226 talk to their call centre in India rather than employees at the branch (they are rubbish) and request for the letter mentioned by one of the people on this forum. Please make sure you dictate them what you want the letter to say and tell them you want it urgently. I had problems in getting the letter from the branch (they just wont write it down) and this is what I did. If you tell them you need it urgently they will put it in first class post before 3 and you should have it the next day.

I ll also suggest that you tell them that the letter should say that you "have had the funds of xxxx in your bank account CONSECUTIVELY for a period of 90 days FROM xx-xx-xxxx to xx-xx-xxxx". In this way it will say 90 days and will say the amount of money and it also say the date is less than a month from when you made your application effectively meaning that the case worker will have all his answers and you will have all the boxes ticked.

Letter from bank confirming funds and that they have been in the bank for a consecutive 90 day period, ending no more than one calendar month before the date of application.

thank u.I cald upon that number and said letter was urgent they told me i cannot get it next day, they take minimum 5 working days.i lost my hopes in getting my visa. :(

Shresta, i wants to sugest you something, first of all don't go in big branches, They always follow a procedure, go to a small branch of your bank. I don't know which bank u have, but I know one person in Lloyds, he is personal relation manager in one small branch moreover he is from India. he is the same person given me the letter in just few minutes. so just the point is if u will go to a small branch they might give you letter in short notice also.

also go on your internet banking, print the statement yourself of the required 90 days and get it stamped on each page of statement by branch manager. without stamp its not valid along with the letter which Above mentioned

kartik_r
BANNED

Post by kartik_r » Sat May 26, 2012 2:16 pm

Tihod wrote:
shresta wrote:
easydoesit wrote:

hi guys,

email follows as

Shresta, i wants to sugest you something, first of all don't go in big branches, They always follow a procedure, go to a small branch of your bank. I don't know which bank u have, but I know one person in Lloyds, he is personal relation manager in one small branch moreover he is from India. he is the same person given me the letter in just few minutes. so just the point is if u will go to a small branch they might give you letter in short notice also.
@ Shresta,

You're very lucky that they've processed your application very quickly although you applied 11 days after me. My date of application is 10th Feb 2012 and you got bio metric done : 23rd Mar 2012 and i got bio metric letter in post on 23rd apr 2012 ( which was one month after your bio metric date) and done the bio metric on same day..

i dont now as when they will even touch my appplication at their curent pace ( mar 23rd bio registered applications)

i had to turn down 3 good investment banking opportunities beacuse of this huge dealy which nearly ate my 10 months life after passing out mba last calender year..

mojeepo
Newly Registered

Email From Tier 1 Post Study Application

Post by mojeepo » Sat May 26, 2012 3:12 pm

Hey Guys,

I am in same situation like anybody else in this forum, I have done my Biometric on 26th of March and I haven'y received anything from then.

BUT I have just recieved email from a person in uk borde agency in Sheffield :
"
Dear Sir,

I am an immigration caseworker working for the UK Border Agency in Sheffield. I am currently considering your application for further leave to remain in the United Kingdom as a Tier 1 Post Study Migrant. In order to help me consider your application further I require the following information from you:

· You provided Lloyds TSB bank statements dated from 01November 2011 to 16 February 2012 meet the maintenance attribute, however statements dated from 13 February 2011 to 21 December 2011 had been omitted. Could you therefore provide bank statements ( stamped by the issuing bank if they are not originals ) dated from 13 February 2011 to 21 December 2011.

Please ensure that these documents are sent via post to the address stated below by 08 June 2012.

Failure to submit the information requested within the timeframe specified will result in the application being considered on the information already available and may result in the application being refused.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely
"

Does anybody know why I received this email and what I have to do?

Tnx

Redempless

Re: Email From Tier 1 Post Study Application

Post by Redempless » Sat May 26, 2012 3:31 pm

@ Mojeebo to be very honest it doesn't make sense to me really , you gave them 90 days statement so why they asking for the whole year statement?

·

kartik_r
BANNED

Re: Email From Tier 1 Post Study Application

Post by kartik_r » Sat May 26, 2012 3:31 pm

mojeepo wrote:Hey Guys,

I am in same situation like anybody else in this forum, I have done my Biometric on 26th of March and I haven'y received anything from then.

BUT I have just recieved email from a person in uk borde agency in Sheffield :
"
Dear Sir,

I am an immigration caseworker working for the UK Border Agency in Sheffield. I am currently considering your application for further leave to remain in the United Kingdom as a Tier 1 Post Study Migrant. In order to help me consider your application further I require the following information from you:

· You provided Lloyds TSB bank statements dated from 01November 2011 to 16 February 2012 meet the maintenance attribute, however statements dated from 13 February 2011 to 21 December 2011 had been omitted. Could you therefore provide bank statements ( stamped by the issuing bank if they are not originals ) dated from 13 February 2011 to 21 December 2011.

Please ensure that these documents are sent via post to the address stated below by 08 June 2012.

Failure to submit the information requested within the timeframe specified will result in the application being considered on the information already available and may result in the application being refused.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely
"

Does anybody know why I received this email and what I have to do?

Tnx
hey... forward that email to me... kartik.raviraj@gmail.com...

i think its wrong email as it reads.. from my reading..
WTF, what're these dates man.. i refrain form the passage 2 ' 13 February 2011 to 21 December 2011 '....

why the hell should you provide from Feb 2011 to Dec 2011 ( 9 months statements of £ 800 excess... bull shit)

i asked you to forward the email whether to see if its fake or not.. is it send from sheffield office (letter head).. it should have a letter head format and at the end ' virus protection mail passges must be there'...

i have seen a original home office email so on seeing yours will be able to identify whether its fake or not..?

Kartik

mojeepo
Newly Registered

Post by mojeepo » Sat May 26, 2012 3:38 pm

I have sent it to you buddy,

As my friend says it Sounds like the dates the caseworker has put in the email are wrong but that some of my statements are missing

Tnx

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat May 26, 2012 3:38 pm

You have seen one email from the ukba and think you can tell if one is a fake?

I have received countless emails from ukba in sheffield and they haven't contained a letterhead.

The op now has a separate thread on this matter where it would be better for this discussion to continue as this thread is for timelines.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat May 26, 2012 3:43 pm

shresta wrote:
easydoesit wrote:

hi guys,

email follows as

please post in a separate thread to get advice on this. This thread is for timelines.

kartik_r
BANNED

Post by kartik_r » Sat May 26, 2012 3:54 pm

Greenie wrote:You have seen one email from the ukba and think you can tell if one is a fake?

I have received countless emails from ukba in sheffield and they haven't contained a letterhead.

The op now has a separate thread on this matter where it would be better for this discussion to continue as this thread is for timelines.
@ greenie,

Yes, good option to run this in a seperate thread ( a possible way to communicate this with new bees out there)

@ mojeepo

dude, i received it ! You know what as per my understanding its fake. Having said that, dont leave it as spam. Wrtie back to her (if there a person exist :-) ) asking as why she is asking for 9 months of statements which is not at all a requirement.

Tell her with polite words (in directly) that you and few of your collegues are receving spam job emails from recruitment consultancies and want to re confirm whether this is true ( also, the dates which you're asking which is not a TIER 1 PSW requirement which further scars me and make to think as its a virus/ spam email.

So, if you dont mind for my good sake, can you put me in writing from your UKba, Sheffield letter head correct dates of required statements to be out of hazzle and un necessary stress ( as what my application require after consideration ..?)

Try to take the escence of my points above and revert the same email which you received. Let us see the response.

P.S - I could do a possible search in google and find lot of emails like this , as i am a case worker and bla bla bla... as those were spams were commented by people who experienced the scenarios..

Be Careful mate,
Kartik

Maninder 84

Post by Maninder 84 » Sat May 26, 2012 4:19 pm

hello everyone just to inform u all guys.....one of our college friend just posted in our facebook group created by our group of same college students...that she received her docs today and when asked she said she has done her Biometric on 3rd April 2012..
:D :D :D :D
thanks

walkowitz

Post by walkowitz » Sat May 26, 2012 4:22 pm

Maninder 84 wrote:hello everyone just to inform u all guys.....one of our college friend just posted in our facebook group created by our group of same college students...that she received her docs today and when asked she said she has done her Biometric on 3rd April 2012..
:D :D :D :D
thanks
are you sure .. how is it possible