ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

after EEA family visa can i apply for naturlisation

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chokedup

after EEA family visa can i apply for naturlisation

Post by chokedup » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:08 pm

I need some help here. I came to UK in OCT 2003 on student visa, been extending my student visas until 2009 then got PSW for 2 years, then got married in 2011 and switched to eea family residence permit. I am in UK for 9 years legally.

After getting eea spouse visa do you count 5 years from the date of marriage or since i have been here long time, that time will be considred as 5 years.

is there any way i can apply for british citizenship? or do i have to wait another to under 10 year category?
:roll:

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:06 am

The 5 years for PR are 5 years under the regulations so if you got married in the UK and your spouse is exercising treaty rights, it would be 5 years from your marriage date. If you got married abroad, it would be 5 years from when you returned to the UK as married to EEA national (exercising treaty rights).

You can apply under the 10 years long residence category if you meet the requirements. Time under EEA regulations is counted (if EEA national was exercising treaty rights).

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:34 am

So one option is for you to apply 5+1 (six!) years after your marriage