ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Good Character Requirement Question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SgtBellPepper

Good Character Requirement Question

Post by SgtBellPepper » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:03 am

Hi all,

Just reading through the 'Good Character' requirements when applying under AN as the settled spouse of a BC and have a question.

My wife has no problems with any of the requirements as she has no convictions (big or small), no bankruptcies or CCJ's, or anything else bad.

However, as we have 3 small children, she has chosen to be a housewife until they are of school age before going back to work.

I am in full time employment, paying tax and NI, and provide financially for the whole family.

Here's my question :

Will she have a problem with meeting the requirements as she is currently unemployed and therefore not paying tax and NI, or do my contributions count in her favour at all? And before anyone asks, no she doesn't claim any kind of unemployment benefit as this would put her in breach of the 'public funds' rules.

Thanks for any info.

:D

Glc

Post by Glc » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:23 pm

No problem at all. Employment status should not be a concern.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:47 pm

As said, you are not required to be employed to apply for naturalisation. However, if you do work, your tax should be in order to meet the good character requirement. The spouse earnings are irrelevant.

If you hold ILR, you are entitled to public funds and it will not affect your good character if you receive benefits.

SgtBellPepper

Post by SgtBellPepper » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:35 pm

Thanks very much to both of you.

Very much appreciated!

:D