ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1E refused due to Maintenance

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mr Legal

Re: T1E refused due to Maintenance

Post by Mr Legal » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:25 pm

The only problem in your case is maintenance funds,however,you are pretty sure that you have provided correct funds availability for 90 consecutive days.So your case is very simple,though they have not extended you any right of appeal,but fortunately,your term of visa has not yet run out.

Therefore,in light of policy,there is no way to put an administrative review,however,you have the right to highlight your correct base and to acknowledge them their fault,misunderstanding or inappropriate assessment through a simple letter or email with subject complaint/review against inappropriate assessment.put all your detail and argue on the point of maintenance funds which has wrongly been assessed to refuse your claimed points.Remember point out all the relevant evidence and attache them with your letter.

Be quick as you told your stay has not yet expired,so the fresh bid via your email or letter may not be delayed to lose your right of fresh application within due time.
Experience and understanding can get you to the goal.Every information based on my own experience is friendly shared in goodfaith.

ac2107

Post by ac2107 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:41 pm

Mr Legal wrote:The only problem in your case is maintenance funds,however,you are pretty sure that you have provided correct funds availability for 90 consecutive days.So your case is very simple,though they have not extended you any right of appeal,but fortunately,your term of visa has not yet run out.

Therefore,in light of policy,there is no way to put an administrative review,however,you have the right to highlight your correct base and to acknowledge them their fault,misunderstanding or inappropriate assessment through a simple letter or email with subject complaint/review against inappropriate assessment.put all your detail and argue on the point of maintenance funds which has wrongly been assessed to refuse your claimed points.Remember point out all the relevant evidence and attache them with your letter.

Be quick as you told your stay has not yet expired,so the fresh bid via your email or letter may not be delayed to lose your right of fresh application within due time.
Thanks for the helpful suggestion!!! Much appreciated!!!

Sug

Post by Sug » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:48 pm

BlackBirdSSG wrote:(He applied for £200K option because he wanted to get rid of Graduate Level 4 restriction (NQF Level 4 or above))

You said you provided 4 bank statements. Where they issued by different banks or same bank (as stated in their refusal letter)?

As mentioned by ac2107, Your maintenance funds source account and your sponsor funds source account must be different.

Same bank account is not allowed. Sorry to hear about your case, however you still have chance.
As per my view both funds and 90 days statement can be shown
This girl got visa showing both in the same account
memyselfandi

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject:
Dear Danman,
We kept both the maintenance funds and the investment funds in the same bank account. I sent one bank statement which showed the total balance in the end for both type of funds. So in total we showed £55,000 on one statement.

Please check http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
Is a webmaster listed as NQF level 4 or 6 job? If not, then you can't use this title. Try to use a title from THIS list that will make it easy for you to show your business activity.

Hope this helps.
Man desires and God desires. You'll only get what God desires. Put your desires in God's hands & you might get what you desire. Fight God's desires & He will tire you in search of your desires. Even then in the end you'll only get what He desires.
Hi

ac2107

Post by ac2107 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:29 pm

Sug wrote:
BlackBirdSSG wrote:(He applied for £200K option because he wanted to get rid of Graduate Level 4 restriction (NQF Level 4 or above))

You said you provided 4 bank statements. Where they issued by different banks or same bank (as stated in their refusal letter)?

As mentioned by ac2107, Your maintenance funds source account and your sponsor funds source account must be different.

Same bank account is not allowed. Sorry to hear about your case, however you still have chance.
memyselfandi

Dear Danman,
We kept both the maintenance funds and the investment funds in the same bank account. I sent one bank statement which showed the total balance in the end for both type of funds. So in total we showed £55,000 on one statement.

Is a webmaster listed as NQF level 4 or 6 job? If not, then you can't use this title. Try to use a title from THIS list that will make it easy for you to show your business activity.

Hope this helps.
Man desires and God desires. You'll only get what God desires. Put your desires in God's hands & you might get what you desire. Fight God's desires & He will tire you in search of your desires. Even then in the end you'll only get what He desires.
if she put all the money in one account, this makes my decision even more unreasonable. She is quite lucky that the case worker didnt count all 55000 as the investment money.

do you know did she write a cover letter to explain the funds and 90days in one account? stated that 900 of the 55000 is used to claim points for maintenance.

I can only assume the case workers are not working with the same standard for each applicant.

entreprenuer11
- thin ice -

Post by entreprenuer11 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:44 pm

ac2107 wrote:
entreprenuer11 wrote:You can always apply for right to appeal at tribunal or make a fresh application.
how to apply for right to appeal? could you please tell me more? the letter says I have no right of appeal. Will it be faster than a fresh application?

Someone tells me I can write to the case worker and request a reconsideration because this is simply their mistake.
I think its a deliberate act from the case worker. You will need a barrister to apply for right for appeal. I will not recommend writing to caseworker as you are running out of time and writing to them will not resolve your matter.

ac2107

Post by ac2107 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:52 pm

entreprenuer11 wrote:
ac2107 wrote:
entreprenuer11 wrote:You can always apply for right to appeal at tribunal or make a fresh application.
how to apply for right to appeal? could you please tell me more? the letter says I have no right of appeal. Will it be faster than a fresh application?

Someone tells me I can write to the case worker and request a reconsideration because this is simply their mistake.
I think its a deliberate act from the case worker. You will need a barrister to apply for right for appeal. I will not recommend writing to caseworker as you are running out of time and writing to them will not resolve your matter.
I have one and half month before my current visa expires. Do you mean they will simply ignore my letter and do nothing? Will they reconsider the decision as other forum members said?

finding a barrister or make a fresh application would be my last options. just want to try to resolve this with less cost.

my concern is if I write to the case worker and they dont reply me or dont want to reconsider. Can I still make a fresh application disregarding their response?

thanks for the reply.

Sug

Post by Sug » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:18 pm

ac2107 wrote:
entreprenuer11 wrote:
ac2107 wrote:

Hi I put all in the same account ie 50 k and 1500 main and dependant in the same account

I have one and half month before my current visa expires. Do you mean they will simply ignore my letter and do nothing? Will they reconsider the decision as other forum members said?

finding a barrister or make a fresh application would be my last options. just want to try to resolve this with less cost.

my concern is if I write to the case worker and they dont reply me or dont want to reconsider. Can I still make a fresh application disregarding their response?

thanks for the reply.
Hi

Sug

Post by Sug » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:21 pm

ac2107 wrote:
Sug wrote:

memyselfandi

I did put my 50 k and maintainance funds in same account
Ie 50k plus 1500 I took three months transaction and total amount available letter from the bank

Dear Danman,

Hope this helps.
if she put all the money in one account, this makes my decision even more unreasonable. She is quite lucky that the case worker didnt count all 55000 as the investment money.

do you know did she write a cover letter to explain the funds and 90days in one account? stated that 900 of the 55000 is used to claim points for maintenance.

I can only assume the case workers are not working with the same standard for each applicant.
Hi

Sug

Hi

Post by Sug » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:25 pm

ac2107 wrote:

Same bank account is not allowed. Sorry to hear about your case, however

thanks for reply.
I did put 51500 in the same account I gave total balance available letter and three months account statement
I think caseofficer got confused

four bank statements of four differemt bank account from THREE differemt banks.

they did.say the one from Natwest is for 900 is no good because they have already used all bank statements to.calculate the invesent money.

this.should not be a problem right, i can use one bank but different account to deposite the money.
Hi

Sug

Hi I put 50 k and my maintainance fund in the same account

Post by Sug » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:30 pm

Hi I applied in November I put maintanance funds and 50 k in same account what I did is i got statement of three months of the account and a letter stating that I hold 50 k in the same account
I think case officer got confused going through all your documents ie 4 bank statements

ac2107

Re: Hi I put 50 k and my maintainance fund in the same accou

Post by ac2107 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:38 pm

Sug wrote:Hi I applied in November I put maintanance funds and 50 k in same account what I did is i got statement of three months of the account and a letter stating that I hold 50 k in the same account
I think case officer got confused going through all your documents ie 4 bank statements
you did the right thing, it is better to have some written doc to explicitly state that the fund is available. otherwise the case worker wont be able to work it out by themselves.

the thing is in the section G10 of the application form, we have to write down the documents to satisfy investment funds and state the amount shown on each doc. If the case worker goes through my application form carefully, he will not be confused so easily.

Sug

Post by Sug » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:55 pm

I feel bad about what happened to you it all depends on the case workers some caseworkers ask again any missing document and some just straight away refuse the visa
Hi

ac2107

Post by ac2107 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:00 pm

Sug wrote:I feel bad about what happened to you it all depends on the case workers some caseworkers ask again any missing document and some just straight away refuse the visa
thanks man, really bad luck. Even nothing is missing, I still get refused.

I will write to the case worker anyway, see what happens. If no improvement, I may go to a solicitor or apply again.

MNaveedonline

Post by MNaveedonline » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:02 pm

ac2107 wrote:
Innovativexperts wrote:hi ac2107,

Can you please clarify that did you applied from student route because you mentioned 200k funds required for you and other way you are saying PSW to T1. What is that......

Thanks
No, I applied from PSW, Not student. Thanks!

It is Tie Cat D. reqiures 200k.
Hi.I Tjink T1E (PSW), You need to show 50,000 pounds only, not 200,000.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:38 pm

Mr Legal wrote:The only problem in your case is maintenance funds,however,you are pretty sure that you have provided correct funds availability for 90 consecutive days.So your case is very simple,though they have not extended you any right of appeal,but fortunately,your term of visa has not yet run out.

Thats correct. I endorse the comments of Mr. Legal.

entreprenuer11
- thin ice -

Post by entreprenuer11 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:00 am

entreprenuer11 wrote:
ac2107 wrote:

Well you can try that there is no harm.But caseworkers is NOT legally bound to reconsider the decision.

ac2107

Post by ac2107 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:30 am

rizwan567 wrote:

Thats correct. I endorse the comments of Mr. Legal.
thanks, rizwan!

Hope they will accept my request for reconsideration. finger crossed!

I am sending out the letter asap.

monolyte

Post by monolyte » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:43 am

thanks for the reply.[/quote]

HELLO ac2107,

BEFORE YOU SEND THE CASEWORKER A LETTER I WILL ADVICE YOU ASSUME THE CASE WORKER MADE A RIGHT DECISION AND FIND OUT WHAT YOU DID WRONG, IF YOU CANT FIND ANYTHING YOU HAVE DONE WRONG THEN BEGIN TO BUILD A CASE BY WRITING DOWN ALL PROOFS AND POINTS THE CASE WORKER OVER LOOKED, BEFORE INVOLVING A LAWYER If I may ask; what amount did you write down in the table where you were asked HOW MUCH you have to claim points for investments. If you wrote 209,000 then it means you dont have any maintenance funds as you declared all as investment funds. but if you wrote down 200000 as investment funds while you have 209000 in total tha case worker has made a terrible mistake and you can sue him/her for damages and claim back all expenses incurred or money you spent on the case and solicitor..

ac2107

Post by ac2107 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:11 am

monolyte wrote:I have one and half month before my current visa expires. Do you mean they will simply ignore my letter and do nothing? Will they reconsider the decision as other forum members said?

thanks for the reply.
HELLO ac2107,

BEFORE YOU SEND THE CASEWORKER A LETTER I WILL ADVICE YOU ASSUME THE CASE WORKER MADE A RIGHT DECISION AND FIND OUT WHAT YOU DID WRONG, IF YOU CANT FIND ANYTHING YOU HAVE DONE WRONG THEN BEGIN TO BUILD A CASE BY WRITING DOWN ALL PROOFS AND POINTS THE CASE WORKER OVER LOOKED, BEFORE INVOLVING A LAWYER If I may ask; what amount did you write down in the table where you were asked HOW MUCH you have to claim points for investments. If you wrote 209,000 then it means you dont have any maintenance funds as you declared all as investment funds. but if you wrote down 200000 as investment funds while you have 209000 in total tha case worker has made a terrible mistake and you can sue him/her for damages and claim back all expenses incurred or money you spent on the case and solicitor..[/quote]

hi monolyte, thanks for your valuable suggestions.

I did write 200,012.99 in the G10 section where the applicant asked to write down HOW MUCH is available for investment. I also wrote the amount specified on each of the statements used to claim the invest points in the same table.

the total amount from the four statements is 209,012.99. 9000of them is presented in one individual statement covers 90 days. the invest money only covers two weeks.

I suspect the case worker did not go through my entire application form. otherwise he would not missed this important yet simple information.

hope the letter will make him realise his mistake and hope he is willing to make corrections.

razi1234
- thin ice -

a.c.

Post by razi1234 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:04 am

Hi ac.
Sorry to hear but I m in the same boat bro.I have applied t1 ent..but after ur decision I hv checked that I had filled g10 section of application form and put my current balance in g10.I have only one statement for both investment and maintenance..any advice plz
RAZI

ac2107

Re: a.c.

Post by ac2107 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:30 am

razi1234 wrote:Hi ac.
Sorry to hear but I m in the same boat bro.I have applied t1 ent..but after ur decision I hv checked that I had filled g10 section of application form and put my current balance in g10.I have only one statement for both investment and maintenance..any advice plz
Hi man. best thing to do is write a cover letter to explain. you have you ref no. so just quote it on the letter and hope it will get to the hands of the case worker before any decision is made.

Actually it depends on the case worker. I think the one dealing my application has not gone through my entire application form. I think he directly go to the bank statements and try to work out how much I have and made decision based on that. If he didn't go through my application form, he will definitely miss the information and misunderstood my intent to claim the points of investment.

maybe you will have a good case worker who does look at your application and understand how much you prepared for investment. and the rest should be for maintenance.

good luck!

razi1234
- thin ice -

hi ac

Post by razi1234 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:16 pm

Hi ac
Do u hv copy of ur application form of g10 page..can u plz tell me what exactly u hv written in g10.if possible can u plz give ur cell number in pm.and any one can plz guide me whether it would be good to send cover letter now.or wait for destiny..
RAZI

ac2107

Re: hi ac

Post by ac2107 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:22 pm

razi1234 wrote:Hi ac
Do u hv copy of ur application form of g10 page..can u plz tell me what exactly u hv written in g10.if possible can u plz give ur cell number in pm.and any one can plz guide me whether it would be good to send cover letter now.or wait for destiny..
I have four statements. So I just wrote down three of them which are ONLY used to claim the investment points in G10. also wrote the bank name in the source no. column and the amount on each of the statement. At the bottom of the table, I wrote down the total amount.

In my view, I did it correctly. but case worker chose to ignore it. so better to specify again on the bank statements.

No harm to send a letter to explain.

razi1234
- thin ice -

hi ac

Post by razi1234 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:40 pm

Hi ac..
In ur refusal letter .case worker is taking about statement starting 31 October 2012 to 29 jan2013.....I hv few questions?
1....your all 4 statement are from same bank?

2..your all statements starts from 31 October and end on 29 Jan?

3...can u tell me the exact date of ur statement which u supposed to show as maintenance..start and end date of that statement....
RAZI

ac2107

Re: hi ac

Post by ac2107 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:06 pm

razi1234 wrote:Hi ac..
In ur refusal letter .case worker is taking about statement starting 31 October 2012 to 29 jan2013.....I hv few questions?
1....your all 4 statement are from same bank?

2..your all statements starts from 31 October and end on 29 Jan?

3...can u tell me the exact date of ur statement which u supposed to show as maintenance..start and end date of that statement....
1. no, from three banks. 2 from Natwest.

2. only one from Natwest starts from 31 October 2012 to 29 jan2013, the other three statements only covers a few days or so.

3. it is the one from Natwest starts from 31 October 2012 to 29 jan2013

The case worker obviously knows that I am using the statement starts from 31 October 2012 to 29 jan2013 to show for Maintenance. But he counted this on towards the investment funds anyway.

He acknowledged my funds for Maintenance satisfied the requirement of 900 pounds and covers the required 90 days. BUT SOMEHOW IN HIS EYE, THIS FUNDS IS PART OF INVESTMENT FUNDS, NOT SEPARATELY FOR MAINTENANCE. HENCE I SHOULD NOT AWARDED THE 10 POINTS.
:x