ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

pps number for non eu spouse and tenancy registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sarahpoole

pps number for non eu spouse and tenancy registration

Post by sarahpoole » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:25 pm

Hi, we are in ireland, cork. I myself eu spouse have registered for my pps, but my husband is not allowed because he doesnt have 2 forms Of i.d or until he has a gnib number..this is also causing us problems Of registering our tenancy..because they need our pps numbers.
So can i find a way round the pps situation?
And for the tenancy to be registered for us, can i do it just in my name/pps..and. send it to the gnib like that.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:09 pm

u can use two forms of ID's, one as his passport and second a letter from ur landlord confirming his tenancy on the same address as urs. it worked for many people.
Good Luck

sarahpoole

Post by sarahpoole » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:04 am

CalvinKlien wrote:u can use two forms of ID's, one as his passport and second a letter from ur landlord confirming his tenancy on the same address as urs. it worked for many people.
Good Luck
He doesnt have two forms. of i.d only a passport, he is from non eu, where i.d card dont exsist, so therefore only has a passport.

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:26 am

Sarah, the two forms of ID the previous poster was referring to was to be either a passport or any other government photographic ID , and a letter from your landlord confirming that he lives at the property.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:41 am

To clarify, below the two forms of ID's are acceptable:

1 - His Passport

2- Letter from your landlord confirming his residence on the same address as yours.

sarahpoole

Post by sarahpoole » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:45 am

dalebutt wrote:Sarah, the two forms of ID the previous poster was referring to was to be either a passport or any other government photographic ID , and a letter from your landlord confirming that he lives at the property.
This is what we presented, they will not accept, they want two forms Of photo i.d, or a gnib number and a photo i.d plus tenancy agreement.

We cant register our tenancy with the prtb without pps says landlord, unless just in my name.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:59 am

I never heard this stupid thing of two forms of ID's. I personally went with my wife last week here in Dublin to the PPS office and only showed her Passport and a utility bill showing her name on it and she got the PPS number. Try to go again to the PPS office and see a different person.

sarahpoole

Post by sarahpoole » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:28 pm

CalvinKlien wrote:I never heard this stupid thing of two forms of ID's. I personally went with my wife last week here in Dublin to the PPS office and only showed her Passport and a utility bill showing her name on it and she got the PPS number. Try to go again to the PPS office and see a different person.
I agree it stupid, we have been there twice now with same response. I myself uk citzen had to produce my passport, driver license plus bill to get mine:

I dont know what i should do. They seem very sure on this.
But we cant register tenancy without it and we cant apply for gnib without these documents.
I was considering taking bus to dublin to do it. But we then dont have tenancy in right area.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:13 pm

I have done a bit of research and i think they are right to demand two forms of ID's.

If you are not Irish, you will need to produce the following documents:

For EU/EEA citizen - Your passport or national identity card

For Non EU/EEA citizen - Your passport and immigration card (GNIB card)

And

Evidence of your address, such as a household bill in your name.

and who said you can't apply for GNIB card without PPS number, I would recommend to apply for your husband residence card and explain why you can't provide a PPS number.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:16 pm

Here is the link that you can get further info on:

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/so ... umber.html

Latintraveller
United Kingdom

Post by Latintraveller » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:46 pm

When my wife (non-EU) applied for her PPS number she only needed her passport and marriage certificate. Since she had no bills in her name I signed an afidavit that we live together. That was sufficient at the office we attended.

I guess you attended the PPS office with your husband, because that may make things easier.

If they are insisting on 2 pieces of photo-id (but not a GNIB card since that would be impossible) could he bring an old work's id? An old travel ticket id or something similar? Maybe he could go to Bus Eireann in Cork and pay €2 for a bus pass photo id?

Otherwise as mentioned above try and speak to someone else at the office.

I notice that others have had problems at the Cork office. Check this person's experience. http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=120156 He dealt with a guy at the office. If you spoke to a man there there is a chance that you encountered him. Best speak to a woman next time.

sarahpoole

Post by sarahpoole » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:44 pm

CalvinKlien wrote:I have done a bit of research and i think they are right to demand two forms of ID's.

If you are not Irish, you will need to produce the following documents:

For EU/EEA citizen - Your passport or national identity card

For Non EU/EEA citizen - Your passport and immigration card (GNIB card)

And

Evidence of your address, such as a household bill in your name.

and who said you can't apply for GNIB card without PPS number, I would recommend to apply for your husband residence card and explain why you can't provide a PPS number.
The landlord wont register our tenancy with the prtb unless we have pps numbers. So that will be excluded from our list also.
So i dont know if it acceptable or not?
Also can i just register the tenancy in my name wit pps? Will that be ok or does it need to include us both?

sarahpoole

Post by sarahpoole » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:25 pm

Latintraveller wrote:When my wife (non-EU) applied for her PPS number she only needed her passport and marriage certificate. Since she had no bills in her name I signed an afidavit that we live together. That was sufficient at the office we attended.

I guess you attended the PPS office with your husband, because that may make things easier.

If they are insisting on 2 pieces of photo-id (but not a GNIB card since that would be impossible) could he bring an old work's id? An old travel ticket id or something similar? Maybe he could go to Bus Eireann in Cork and pay €2 for a bus pass photo id?

I notice that others have had problems at the Cork office. Check this person's experience. http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=120156 He dealt with a guy at the office. If you spoke to a man there there is a chance that you encountered him. Best speak to a woman next time.
Oh lord this man situation is bad also, hope 0urs doesnt exculate so far.
We also spoke to a man first time, then second time it was same man and i asked him to confirm so a woman came over a said we can if we get gnib number. So we run down there to gnib, they said Oh No u have type c visa, if u had type d they would Of took his picture åt the airport and we cant give u gnib number, so u must now apply the eu1 form.
Without pps my husband cant Open bank, cant get bills, cant register tenancy with prtb..

sarahpoole

Post by sarahpoole » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:49 pm

Latintraveller wrote:When my wife (non-EU) applied for her PPS number she only needed her passport and marriage certificate. Since she had no bills in her name I signed an afidavit that we live together. That was sufficient at the office we attended.

Oh lord this man situation is bad also, hope 0urs doesnt exculate so far.
We also spoke to a man first time, then second time it was same man and i asked him to confirm so a woman came over a said we can if we get gnib number. So we run down there to gnib, they said Oh No u have type c visa, if u had type d they would Of took his picture åt the airport and we cant give u gnib number, so u must now apply the eu1 form.
Without pps my husband cant Open bank, cant get bills, cant register tenancy with prtb..

Latintraveller
United Kingdom

Re: pps number for non eu spouse and tenancy registration

Post by Latintraveller » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:00 pm

How did things turn out in the end?
Please keep us updated.

sarahpoole

Post by sarahpoole » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:38 pm

hi,
we got the pps, I contacted the persons in charge of the pps office down in cork, I spoke to a man who agreed I didn't need 2 photo i.d.
with that he arranged for us to go down and see a woman at the pps office, who was expecting us and they processed the pps number.
it all turned out fine in the end, we applied for eu1 got our stamp 4 in under 2 weeks.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:00 pm

Sorry I'd missed your thread earlier, it looks like your problem's been resolved now.

In order to receive a residence card a non-EU family member is only required to produce passport, marriage certificate and residence certificate of EU family member, the latter requires proof of EU citizenship and proof that one is worker, self-sufficient person or student.