ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student loan for EEA national & family member in Norway

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

adnan01
Pakistan

Student loan for EEA national & family member in Norway

Post by adnan01 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:46 pm

Hi,

I'm non EEA family member of EEA national living in the UK currently. I graduated from London in 2010 and my wife will complete her graduation by January 2013.

I found out that there is no fee for higher education in Norway. I want to find out that is there any way that my wife and myself can go to Norway as a student to do masters and be eligible to get loan for living expenses.

We have started learning Norwegian but I heard that finding a job in Norway without language is almost impossible. What we want to do is to start post graduate and at the same time learn language, but in order to do that we would need student loan to survive until we complete masters and improve our language skills to become employable in Norway. Can we get student loan in Norway for masters or there are certain requirements?

Prompt advice will be highly appreciated.

Kind regards
Adnan

adnan01
Pakistan

Post by adnan01 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:58 pm

Does anyone have any information on this?

I managed to find out that if you are a family member of EEA national living in Norway with valid residence card and your sponsor's EEA registration is not as a student then you are eligible for student loan. That means we can go Norway, register my wife as self sufficient, obtain residence permit for me and then apply for student loan..does it make sense? Does anyone know how much money we would need to show to register as a self sufficient in Norway? any information anyone has kindly share it.

Thanks
Adnan

jennicaF
Newly Registered

Post by jennicaF » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:26 am

What I know about this is that students in countries other than the Nordic countries may receive support for all or part of the tuition fee. The support is adjusted according to the size of the tuition fee. For 2012-2013, the maximum support is NOK 116 100.

toves

Post by toves » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:43 pm

Hi

Yes its correct you are eligible for loan and support if you are a family member of an EEA national who is not a student.

http://www.lanekassen.no/Toppmeny/Langu ... -eligible/

To apply as self sufficient you need a health insurance. Dont know the amount you need in Norway. I suggest you send an e-mail to ots@udi.no and ask them. Its the e-mail address to the information service for UDI, the norwegian deparment similar to UKBA. They will answer you within 3 working days.

Good luck :)