ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting around reject of parents visit visa for overcrowding

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Vega

Getting around reject of parents visit visa for overcrowding

Post by Vega » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:37 am

Like many others, I live in a 1BHK with my wife and my inlaws want to come over for a month. Our house has 2 rooms (bed room + living room) - which as per UKBAs guidance, allows only 3 people in all to stay.

Now as per this thread : http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=125846 , I think UKBA is being a bit to harsh here.

So, anyway, what if my parents have enough money/proof to not need me to come up as a sponsor at all in their application? They already have return tickets. Can they apply completely independently of any info about me - maybe say that they would stay in a hotel. And then stay with us anyway.

Would we absolutely need to make bookings to support this which we can cancel later?

No attempt to fool UKBA - just want to make their application have no grounds for rejection if we can manage it. And I believe UKBA is mistaken in its guidance of the overcrowding rule under the housing act at mentioned in the thread linked above.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:11 am

Where are you getting the impression that visitors to the UK are mandatorily required to be sponsored by UK residents? Just because you live there, and they are visiting you, in no way requires you to sponsor them or for them to be sponsored by you. If they don't need anything from you, they don't have to show anything of yours. If, however, they need to rely on your benevolence (whatever that may be) you have to provide evidence that you have that resource available for their use.

Vega

Post by Vega » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:21 am

Yea, that's what I thought. But I don't really want to pay for the hotel.

So is there any potential problem in doing bookings for acco (just to show ukba if it is really needed) and then cancelling later - before they arrive here.

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:12 pm

If there is LIKE button i would surely do it for lucapooka.

As lucapooka said, You dont need to show your finance to invite your parents or in-laws if they are well enough to show their finance for the expenses in uk and travel tickets.

t1s2010
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by t1s2010 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:06 pm

Need your help on accommodation/overcrowding.

I too have 1-bedroom flat. My wife's sister is coming to us with a friend of hers. It will make a total of 4-members for short time.

For 'friend (4th person)', who is coming for 10-12 days trip, she is showing all her finances etc.

Is it a MUST for her to show any accommodation at all?

(Think of her as a regular visitor on 10 days UK trip).