ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visas Refuse because of Advertisment

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ali5544
Newly Registered

Post by Ali5544 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:19 pm

i received a Refusal letter from UKBA of my T1 Ent. I applied from PSW rout and all documents included bank statment was in UK. i was registered as self employedThey refuse because of advertisement. i provide them front page of my website, letterhead pad and broacher. they mention on letter as following words

that advertisement does not contain your name and does not meet the requirements as listed at paragraph 41-sd (c)(iii) of appendix A of the immigration rules.

i have a right of appeal and thinking about it. any idea about this advertisment point, how i can justify this point.
it will be great help.. thanks

RizKCB
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by RizKCB » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:25 pm

You provided them front page of websites, letterhead pad and brochure.

Which one didn't have your name? OR All of them didn't have!!

And what is the business?

Sug

Re: Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visas Refuse because of Advertisme

Post by Sug » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:21 pm

When did you apply
Hi

adeel168

Post by adeel168 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:58 pm

Did you not provide any advertising material with ur name on that ? If so did UKBA not writr u any letter to provide it ?

Ali5544
Newly Registered

Post by Ali5544 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:23 pm

@adeel168. no i was just mentioned my website name, contact number both (0800 and mobile) and email ID. they didn't asked me about this anything and refused straightway.

@Sug. i was applied in 24th sep and got letter from 10 march.

@Rizkcb..all of them and my busines was Financial Consultancy.

thx for all and if u have any idea please guide me. thx alot

RizKCB
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by RizKCB » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:13 pm

Ali5544 wrote:@adeel168. no i was just mentioned my website name, contact number both (0800 and mobile) and email ID. they didn't asked me about this anything and refused straightway.

@Sug. i was applied in 24th sep and got letter from 10 march.

@Rizkcb..all of them and my business was Financial Consultancy.

thx for all and if u have any idea please guide me. thx alot
If UKBA ask you to provide anything during decision process which is already mentioned in guidance policy; they simply compensate you otherwise they could take decision just like in your case.

Practically in most cases we use business name on advertisements. Normally business cards hold the personal names. But if it is required by UKBA and mentioned in guidance policy then we must include it in every possible advertisement item.

Now in your case, if you presented the front page of your website then show Contact Us page to them with your personal details on it as in general web designing 'Contact Us' page contains such details which you didn't include. Show your business cards now with your details. If your business is running effectively then at least Judge could listen you because the core of Entrepreneur is to do business with available funds NOT to advertise only. And if an advertisement material do not contain your name then it never means you are not a business man. Your link to your business is HMRC/Company house letter.

In my opinion it is the way to cover your mistake...

Avinine86
Newly Registered

Phew !

Post by Avinine86 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:58 pm

I didn't know about this rule that we need to mention our name in the advertisement.

I haven't included my name in any of the docs like Website front page, gumtree and craigslist advertisement, yellow pages print out etc.

But I have provided my business card that had my name as well as my contract letter.

Hope that should be fine. Damn !

vinith
Newly Registered

Post by vinith » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:20 am

Hello,
Even I had exactly similar situation as you. They have rejected by telling that my name is not listed on website. Dont know what to do. probably I have to modify my website and resend the documents again I guess??
So what happen to your status?? did you appeal for paper hearing or oral hearing??

vinith
Newly Registered

Post by vinith » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:28 am

@RizKCB: Could you please tell me about the link of HRMC/Company house, as I didnt get what does it mean??? You mean to say do we need to link our website to company house??

Ali5544
Newly Registered

tire 1 ent

Post by Ali5544 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:41 am

vinith wrote:Hello,
Even I had exactly similar situation as you. They have rejected by telling that my name is not listed on website. Dont know what to do. probably I have to modify my website and resend the documents again I guess??
So what happen to your status?? did you appeal for paper hearing or oral hearing??
@vinit.. i have been launch an appeal from solicitor. i was provide a contract of my business activity and based it as well on my ground of appeal.

asadmehmoodch
Newly Registered

Post by asadmehmoodch » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:26 am

vinith wrote:Hello,
Sorry to hear that.
Just to be clear what documents did you send as advertising material?
Are you self employed or you running a company on your own?
Actually I think if you are director of your own company that there are a lot of ways to get through and sort it out it as you've got director's report for you saying that you are the person who is running the business and also you can get your personal visiting cards showing your name and your work email id.

RizKCB
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by RizKCB » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:32 am

vinith wrote:@RizKCB: Could you please tell me about the link of HRMC/Company house, as I didnt get what does it mean??? You mean to say do we need to link our website to company house??
If you are self employed then as a proof of ownership to your business will be HMRC letter with UTR number.

If you have registered your company, then you will get documents like appointment report etc from company house with your name as director.

In either case it declares the business and its ownership. I meant that if by mistake you didn't include the names in any advertisement stuff then you can request the judge in appeal that it is your own business with HMRC OR Company House proves. Then you may produce further evidences and excuses.

vinith
Newly Registered

Post by vinith » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:10 am

Thank you for your reply. I have provided directors appointment letter during my application process which is generated my company house. It shows my name, company name, company number, and information about any share holders. Even after submitting that they have refused me.. this is really frustrating as they refused just because my name is not on the website. how stupid is that..

vinith
Newly Registered

Post by vinith » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:31 pm

@Ali5544

You so you made ground of apple by providing contract. so you havent submitted contract document when you applied earlier with your application?
I have even submitted my contract with signatures on each page. I have no idea on what ground of apple do I need to proceed with..

Ali5544
Newly Registered

tire 1 ent

Post by Ali5544 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:50 pm

@vinith i was sent the contract with sign and name but i think they didn't checked it so same like my website link which one i was provided with the front page of it. we can not submit new documents in appeal so there doc are enough for prove of showing my business activity. so my solicitor did this.

vinith
Newly Registered

Post by vinith » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:22 am

@ali: could you please leave your number here or inbox me do that I can contact you . Need to clarify few things ..

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:16 pm

I applied and submitted advertisement material ..... advert in yell.com and gumtree.co.uk and have also submitted whole printout of complete website including contact us page which include my and my entrepreneur team member complete details including position in company etc , my question is will that be enough or do I need to put the name and post in all the advertisement material.

regards
Ali5544 wrote:i received a Refusal letter from UKBA of my T1 Ent. I applied from PSW rout and all documents included bank statment was in UK. i was registered as self employedThey refuse because of advertisement. i provide them front page of my website, letterhead pad and broacher. they mention on letter as following words

that advertisement does not contain your name and does not meet the requirements as listed at paragraph 41-sd (c)(iii) of appendix A of the immigration rules.

i have a right of appeal and thinking about it. any idea about this advertisment point, how i can justify this point.
it will be great help.. thanks

Ali5544
Newly Registered

Post by Ali5544 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:39 pm

@rehan. thats enough material. i already have been appeal on that base.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:52 pm

Thanks Ali I hope u will get it all sorted in appeal .... Do keep us posted here all the best

Ali5544 wrote:@rehan. thats enough material. i already have been appeal on that base.