ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TO accompany eu spouse issued,few questions about next step

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sierra
- thin ice -

TO accompany eu spouse issued,few questions about next step

Post by sierra » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:56 pm

HI :lol: TODAY WE HAD good news from irish embassy, to accompany eu spouse visa has issued it was issued exactly in 4 weeks . and to grant the visa decision was made on 10th day.just for information for other members .
now our next step is to come to Ireland find a cheap property start ,get company registered and apply for residence card here are few things we want to know
1. we are looking for a cheap property to start with and we are a British family .we would like to have a property up to 400 a month .
please suggest some cheap areas where we can get it
and if you know somewhere please message us.

2. process of company registration ,self employed

3. and what kind of contract we need for property to apply for residence card.

4. how to apply for irish NI number ppi number
5.and process of applying residence card after company registration .

please advice us. many thanks in advance
Last edited by sierra on Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:06 pm

I don't know the answers to your questions as they are pretty specific to Ireland.

I am glad that you received the visa. That is good news indeed.

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Jellybean105 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:49 am

Hi Sierra

Congrats on getting the visa! I will try and answer some of your questions:

1. I can't help much with this as My uncle has offered for us to stay there. I would assume further away from Dublin would be cheaper.

2. You have to go to the companies registration office in Dublin city. I got mine registered on the spot, cost 40 euros. They will send the certificate by mail.

3. You need to get your landlord to register both of you with the PRTB as tenants. You will receive a letter with your names. You will need that to prove residence. Get a letter from the landlord too.

4. For PPI you have to go to the nearest social welfare office. You might need to go to a big one as not all the local ones do it anymore (talking from experience).

5. Go on to INIS, they have an eu1 form to fill in. It has an explanatory leaflet too. You just need to make sure you fulfil all the requirements.

I will be doing a similar thing soon. I already went and set up everything a few months ago and will be going Ireland soon with my husband.

Good luck! Let me know how you get on!

supattra_kate
Newly Registered

Post by supattra_kate » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:13 am

Dear sierra,

Congrats!

Do you mind me asking which Irish embassy processed your 'ACC Spouse Visa'? I have been trying to establish an idea of processing times.

Also, the online application form only has the option for 'Join EU spouse' Is this what you selected? Do you select single entry and short-term visa on the online application? Just want to make sure i do it correctly

ManyThanks :)

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:55 am

I think Cork city should suit you more, there are jobs in Cork although not enough to rival to Dublin but at least better than the rest, I consider it to be the second city on the Island. Good properties for much less as compare to Dublin.

For Irish properties see; rent.ie
daft.ie
myhome.ie
property.ie
let.ie

Gook luck

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:27 pm

www,myhome.ie www.daft.ie is for property search www.revenue.ie for tax matters www.inis.gov.ie immigration matters good luck

sierra
- thin ice -

Post by sierra » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:29 pm

supattra_kate wrote:Dear sierra,

Congrats!

Do you mind me asking which Irish embassy processed your 'ACC Spouse Visa'? I have been trying to establish an idea of processing times.

Also, the online application form only has the option for 'Join EU spouse' Is this what you selected? Do you select single entry and short-term visa on the online application? Just want to make sure i do it correctly

ManyThanks :)
I think it depends on embassy and case by case as if you call different irish embassies in different countries you will get different and confusing answers .

any ways here is our experience
visa applied at embassy of Ireland ROME
ON 2JULY 2013
DOCUMENTS submitted with application
marriage certificate
2 original passport of applicant and eu citizen
3. children's British passports
4.children's British birth certificates showing both mother and father name {applicant}
5.ITALIAN carta identita or Italian national identity card issued for 10 years applicant . and eu citizen wife
6.proof of marriage registration with local authorities in Italy ,and in applicants country.
7.ITALIAN certificate of residence and status of family from commune or council. That all family is living at same address.
.8 . applicants original passports with Schengen visa issued as family member of eu citizen
9.applicants residence permit receipts photocopy that its being processed as family member of eu citizen.
10.proof of residence in Italy for last 12 months that applicant is living in Italy as family member of eu citizen
we have to sent a lot of documents as embassy did no want to process application until the residence card has been issued as family member of eu citizen which is a joke as if we had that than there is no need for visa to enter with eu citizen.
and yes you have to choose the category to join eu spouse as there is no other category.
as we applied from Schengen zone Italy and we had issued Schengen visa to accompany eu spouse before last year ad than we started business in Italy and exercising treaty right and and my husbands residence card was being processed it can come any time it was bit different .
and decision was made in 1o days under delegated rights to grant visa but it took 4 weeks to send documents and receive s courier take 5 days ppox each side .
but if you are applying from Asia or Africa i think they will take more time as we tried from Pakistan and we were getting no where.
and than when we arrive in Italy with valid Schengen visa Ireland embassy did not wanted to process after applying for my husbands residence card they process as the knew if the card comes its entry on that .
f
Last edited by sierra on Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sierra
- thin ice -

Post by sierra » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:33 pm

and many thanks to specially jellybean105,delebutt, eusmilewesmile,
and everyone who is going to reply for information of me and for other readers .

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Post by zaza7625 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:35 am

sierra wrote:and many thanks to specially jellybean105,delebutt, eusmilewesmile,
and everyone who is going to reply for information of me and for other readers .
Sierra, I applied for irish visa about 4 months ago, precisly my visa application delivered in dublin 17 of april and still waiting decision.we live in Georgia.
my case is as was yours, eccompany eu citizen.
I have submitted documents as requested:

1. my original passport
2.wife's copy of EU passport.
3. Our marriage certificate,translated and appostilled.
3. childrens EU passport copies (it was not requested but I sent anyway)
4.childrens birth certificates translated and apostilled where my name is mentioned. one of my child is irish citizen (passport holder if it helpes)

I don't have a clue when reply would be. just terrible waiting so much time

sierra
- thin ice -

Post by sierra » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:31 am

zaza7625 wrote:
sierra wrote:and many thanks to specially jellybean105,delebutt, eusmilewesmile,
Sierra, I applied for irish visa about 4 months ago, precisly my visa application delivered in dublin 17 of april and still waiting decision.we live in Georgia.

1. my original passport
4.childrens birth certificates translated and apostilled where my name is mentioned. one of my child is irish citizen (passport holder if it helpes)

hi what's the nationality of your spouse as you mention one of your child holds Irish passport if your spouse is Irish citizen you can not apply under directive 2004/38/ecj .as national law will apply to spouse of Irish citizens unless they have exercised treaty right in another eu state.

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Post by zaza7625 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:16 pm

sierra wrote:
zaza7625 wrote:

1. my original passport

hi what's the nationality of your spouse as you mention one of your child holds Irish passport if your spouse is Irish citizen you can not apply under directive 2004/38/ecj .as national law will apply to spouse of Irish citizens unless they have exercised treaty right in another eu state.
Hi.
My nationality is Georgian but my spouse is Latvian citizen. One of my child is Irish citizen as he was born in dublin and as my wife is EU citizen and was in Ireland within 3 years,my chils was granted by citizenship. that's it!

sierra
- thin ice -

Post by sierra » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:16 am

ok so you are covered under directives. is your wife live with you and wants to travel with you or she is in Ireland?
as they took too long you need to send them email with your application reference number and ask them why your application is taking so long .
it should be processed on accelerated basis under directives 2004/38/ecj.
and call them also and ask about your visa application progress. I think they are sleep in your case you need to wake them up .send them emails and call them .

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Post by zaza7625 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:15 am

sierra wrote:ok so you are covered under directives. is your wife live with you and wants to travel with you or she is in Ireland?
as they took too long you need to send them email with your application reference number and ask them why your application is taking so long .
it should be processed on accelerated basis under directives 2004/38/ecj.
and call them also and ask about your visa application progress. I think they are sleep in your case you need to wake them up .send them emails and call them .
Thanks Sierra.
I think you are right, they are sleeping. My wife lives with me in Georgia and children are living with me as well. But I don't think that I am covered by EU directive as there is no residence permit has been issued by my wife's country for me, cos' we live not EU country for now. We are planning to travel together and we don't have any intention to travel separetly as we are firm and united family.
Thanks

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:53 pm

As the spouse of an EU citizen, you are covered by the directive. The delay is definitely not right ...

Forcing them to do something might be tricky, but at least it is worth reminding them of their obligations I think.

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Post by zaza7625 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:06 pm

jeupsy wrote:As the spouse of an EU citizen, you are covered by the directive. The delay is definitely not right ...

Forcing them to do something might be tricky, but at least it is worth reminding them of their obligations I think.
Thanks for advise.

I sometimes think to buy a ticket and fly to Ireland with my family with all documents I have,but it is somehow tricky 'cos I think I may not be allowed on board and I don't even know what to do in such situation. Please post me exect phone number of visa office if anyone knows.

Thanks

sierra
- thin ice -

Post by sierra » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:15 pm

well today we treceived the passport back and what a fantastic job visa issued on 2nd og august 13 and its started from 20 of july i dont understand what kind of joke is this before visa is issued valid .now by the time we travel 45 days will be already gone to waste just because of this situation as we told embassy and on form that travel date is 15 of august 13. and visa started from 20th of july till 20th of oct . visa issue date is 2nd august 13.
and we will be travelling on 6 th of sep. shall we call the embassy and ask for rectification or just travel and we have 3 months from we enter the ireland to apply for residence card despite the visa is finished.or is it better to apply while visa is valid does it make any difference . please advice

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Re: TO accompany eu spouse issued,few questions about next s

Post by zaza7625 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:14 pm

sierra wrote:HI :lol: TODAY WE HAD good news from irish embassy, to accompany eu spouse visa has issued it was issued exactly in 4 weeks . and to grant the visa decision was made on 10th day.just for information for other members .
now our next step is to come to Ireland find a cheap property start ,get company registered and apply for residence card here are few things we want to know
1. we are looking for a cheap property to start with and we are a British family .we would like to have a property up to 400 a month .
please suggest some cheap areas where we can get it
and if you know somewhere please message us.

2. process of company registration ,self employed

3. and what kind of contract we need for property to apply for residence card.

4. how to apply for irish NI number ppi number
5.and process of applying residence card after company registration .

please advice us. many thanks in advance
Hi sierra.
Can you tell me ,what type of visa has been issued to you? d visa or c visa?

sarahpoole

Post by sarahpoole » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:56 pm

Hi my husband has just got his visa to Ireland from Germany.
Can anyone advise me on the situation of him being allowed to work in Ireland before he gets the permit.
I reading a lot of mixed things regarding this. When he got his schengen visa he was allowed to work.

Latintraveller
United Kingdom

Post by Latintraveller » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:38 pm

I wouldn't worry too much about the dates shown on the Visa. The clock for the Residence Card starts ticking from your day of arrival. You have three months to start exercising your treaty rights from that day. It is best though to apply for the Residence Card a few weeks before the three month limit. Although it takes about six weeks for the card to be issued if the three month stamp runs out and you have already applied for the RC no action would generally be taken by the authorities against you.

sierra
- thin ice -

Re: TO accompany eu spouse issued,few questions about next s

Post by sierra » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:38 pm

[ .

please advice us. many thanks in advance[/quote]
Hi sierra.
Can you tell me ,what type of visa has been issued to you? d visa or c visa?[/quote]

hi zaza we applied for c class visit visa .and got the c class visit visa . did you get the d class or class.
visa says spouse of eu citizen b/o

sierra
- thin ice -

Post by sierra » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:43 pm

many thanks latintraveller for reply . as we don't have time to send the passport back we will see when we arrive that how many days we get the entry for .so will get get the entry for remaining time left on visa like if 30 days left on visa maximum entry will be for 30 days or . regardless of time left entry will be given for 90 days .

and sarah pool in theory your husband is allow to work from day one but in practice it wil be bit hard to satisfy the employer if they don't know about directives.

joost
Newly Registered

Post by joost » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:32 pm

sierra wrote:many thanks latintraveller for reply . as we don't have time to send the passport back we will see when we arrive that how many days we get the entry for .so will get get the entry for remaining time left on visa like if 30 days left on visa maximum entry will be for 30 days or . regardless of time left entry will be given for 90 days .

and sarah pool in theory your husband is allow to work from day one but in practice it wil be bit hard to satisfy the employer if they don't know about directives.
you will get 90 days starting the date of entry. The dates on the the visa are the dates in which your allowed to travel to Ireland.

For example my GF had a tourist visa valid till 5-9-12, she entered on 4-9-12 and had permission to remain for 3months.

sierra
- thin ice -

Post by sierra » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:02 pm

many thanks joost foe explaining .and all others who replied.