ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea 2 surinder singh please share your experience

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sierra
- thin ice -

eea 2 surinder singh please share your experience

Post by sierra » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:13 pm

Hi we applied gor eea2 under surinder singh .without family permit or stamp a1 . Our status iS
Eea 2 applied on 30.12.2013
Received by h o . 31.01.2014
No replies yet
Please share your experience for eea2 under surinder singh .
As we are finding hard to find this under eea2 not much there
As like where you get overseas documents translated
How quick you had coa.
Process of application. Etc
As my husband applied And we have send some xocuments photocopies and we will send oroginal with translation where shall we get translation

from.
And is there any body who applied with out family petmit or stamp one

kashifch
Newly Registered

Re: eea 2 surinder singh please share your experience

Post by kashifch » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:02 pm

You got to wait for at least 14 days to get response from HO.

kashifch
Newly Registered

Post by kashifch » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:09 pm

where you get overseas documents translated

Best source is the translators in the country of that language's origin and then getting it notarised/attested.
UKBA highly acknowledges the translation of documents if attested by that country's local embassy/consulate in UK.

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:20 am

Kashifch where did you get that information about attestation by local embassy? As far as I know there is no such requirements, there have been member on the forum whose translation have been done by a friend and or them selves it was not an issue.

euroguys

Post by euroguys » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:27 pm

We started our application also just befor the end of December not so much because we wouldnt make it under the new rules ,we have lived abroad 18 months ,we also used part of the online form and part our own written application.

We have sent 35 documents plus passports ,marriage certs birth certs separated into proof of residing and my self employed work each one numbered and a gist of each on a separate checklist regarding translation what it says is that it should be "reliable" since I speak Portuguese and had to do the legwork you cant get much more reliable how ever I got a Honours Degree Graduate In Hispanic Studies who has Portuguese as a joint first language with a small company to read the docs and my "gists" and she agreed and provided a letter to that effect,

in my view such things as electric bills bank statements are self evident and dont need translations to understand them. I did say in my written statements that if they required amplification on any specific documents to let us know in a timely manner and we would deal with it. I also pointed out that 6 months is not an allowance but rather only an extrodinary timescale and in addition I asked for our passports ,marriage certificate and birth certs to be returned by the end of January as we needed them for travel and ID purposes and we provided a insured envelope for this I also have an identical docket of the documents and photos and scans of all

I additionally asked for a coa to reflect my wifes right to work still cureent in her passport from the two 1a we got at port
2011 Sep EEA1- Portugal
2011 Nov Wife arrived
2012 Jan EEA2 Issued to Wife
2013 Apr 1a issued on arrival at port spain
2013 Nov 1a issued after day trip france
2013 Dec EEA2 applied for
2014 Jan CoA with work 3 weeks
2014 Jan Passports returned

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Jellybean105 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:43 pm

Euroguys, thank you for the info. Can you update us when you receive a reply from them and also if and when they return the documents?

I am also in a similar situation, self employed in Ireland since feb 13 and will be returning to the UK soon. We also want to travel shortly after applying so I would really appreciate it if you could let me know how it goes.
Moved to Ireland: Feb 13
UK FP: Granted November 13
Ireland RC: Granted Feb 14
Returned to the UK: Feb 14
Applied for EEA2: 18th March 14
EEA2 Rejected: October 14 (re-submitted docs)
EEA2 Granted: December 14 (valid till 2019!)

sierra
- thin ice -

Post by sierra » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:37 pm

Hi here is our update i received today standard acknowledgement letter today dated 02.01.2014 confirming they have received application and it will be send to case worker team.
I am a bit worried about not having eea family permit or code a1 stamp not having on my passport .but all other visas are issued as spoyse of eu citizen .
Can this mAke application complicTed .
And second thing i still could not send translation of some of documents i sm thinking to use babylon or google translator to use and send translation as these are about 40 pages to translate.

sarahpoole

Post by sarahpoole » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:47 am

we applied for the ee2, sent it on the 23rd December they received it according to royal mail on the 27th. special delivery/recorded.
we didn't apply for the family permit just the ee2
included all documents to show status in Ireland or work, bills, bank statements etc
give details of uk address and bills In the uk and marriage paper passports etc

applied before the 1st jan as we didn't feel we would make it under the new rules coming into place

nervous of the outcome that's awaits us

if anyone can recommend a good lawyer that understands this route in detail please forward me details, as if we receive a no, I don't think I can go any further alone and would need some professional help.

sarahpoole

Post by sarahpoole » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:51 am

we also came via Ireland without a stamp at a port same as sierra.
thanks all

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:33 am

Sierra - did you enter the UK via Ireland?

sierra
- thin ice -

Post by sierra » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:22 pm

chaoclive wrote:Sierra - did you enter the UK via Ireland?
Yes we enter via ireland we had eu spouse visa of ireland and on ferry port there were no immigraion so we could not get stamp a1.

sierra
- thin ice -

Post by sierra » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:47 pm

Sarah did you received acknowledgement letter of your application from home office .and under what capacity you exercised treaty right in other eu state. And how long for.
Regarding solicitor. I rang few solicitors but singh route is bit difficult for them if i find a good solicitor i will inform you.

sarahpoole

Post by sarahpoole » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:05 pm

I haven't checked for a letter from the home office as we are staying at a friends up north and I wont be back to our house down south until the 13th Jan. But the royal mail tracking confirmed it was received to the Home office with a copy of a signature of a member of staff who signed for it.
I was registered self-employed for about 1 month. Then I was employed from after that for about 2 months. I was employed to the date before we left for the UK.
What about yourself @sierra
But as I know we will not qualify under the new law, we made a move to the UK as anymore work exercising would not make any difference. So we have taken a risk, which I hope pays of in the end.
That why I feel at this stage we will need a lawyer to help fight this through.
Does anyone know when we are likely to receive a response? If he is to be refused how long it would it take for an appeal?

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Jellybean105 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:20 pm

We applied for an Ireland resident card without my husband getting a visa or entry stamp and I think the same should apply in the UK. They can't refuse you on that basis but theres a possibility that they might not give you permission to work until you receive a decision.

As long as you have included all the documents to show how you exercised your EU Treaty Rights, your relationship (that its not a marriage of convenience) and that you lived together in Ireland you should be fine. The requirements are quite straight forward so you don't really need a lawyer.

Even if you receive a no, which I think is unlikely unless you have not given necessary docs, you should be allowed to appeal or re-apply easily.

What documents did you not translate?
Moved to Ireland: Feb 13
UK FP: Granted November 13
Ireland RC: Granted Feb 14
Returned to the UK: Feb 14
Applied for EEA2: 18th March 14
EEA2 Rejected: October 14 (re-submitted docs)
EEA2 Granted: December 14 (valid till 2019!)

Humanity

Post by Humanity » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:22 pm

Application sent on 23rd,
Processing fee debited on 31st.

I applied without EEA Family permit but in possession of a Resident Card from Ireland.

Tried to apply for EEA Family, went for the biometrics appointment at the UK embassy in Ireland, on getting there, the staffs said they will not be returning my original documents, and I need to reschedule it for another day and bring photocopies along ( The journey from my home in Ireland to the embassy took four hours). I expressed my anger , which they didn't like, I was asked to leave. Packed my bags along with my wife went to Dublin airport. I was challenged , state the law,, she went to her superior , who requested to see my marriage certificate, they confirm the obvious, I don't need a visa.

I am tired of playing this silly immigration game , whatever UKBA decision is in regards to my application, they can honestly kxxx my axx. I am home.

Oh yeah, I sent my application alongside with mothers' as a dependant so I expect a lil bit of gibberish back from them.

On the flip side I honestly love Ireland in comparison to UK !

sarahpoole

Post by sarahpoole » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:32 pm

If we was refused we can only try and appeal. I don't think we can re-apply as we don't qualify under the new regulations.?

Humanity

Post by Humanity » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:44 pm

sarahpoole wrote:If we was refused we can only try and appeal. I don't think we can re-apply as we don't qualify under the new regulations.?

what gives you that clarity that you don't qualify under the new regulation? Did you make Ireland your Principal residence ? You applied before 1st, the old legislation applies to you anyway. The form was changed on the first , by law they can't apply the old law to you. The day you posted the form is also what counts Not the day they receive it .

sarahpoole

Post by sarahpoole » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:51 pm

I don't really know tbh. i just thought we can only apply before the 1st Jan else we wont get in. I did move to Ireland and exercise my rights. But husband also has a deportation order from the UK from 2010.
So as I gather as we applied before the 1st Jan, we will can appeal and we can re-apply under the old regulations in worst case scenario?

Humanity

Post by Humanity » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:55 pm

sarahpoole wrote:I don't really know tbh. i just thought we can only apply before the 1st Jan else we wont get in. I did move to Ireland and exercise my rights. But husband also has a deportation order from the UK from 2010.
So as I gather as we applied before the 1st Jan, we will can appeal and we can re-apply under the old regulations in worst case scenario?
As far as I know ( from reading their policy guidelines) , you ought to apply for the deportation order to be lifted first . I think you need to do that asap before they make a decision. I will leave that to the Expert to advise you on that.

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:42 am

No, they do not have to seek revocation first, HO may claim that to be the case but it isn't by law, if the applicant qualifies to be issued RC, i.e. If the crime isn't so serious, the caseworker should revoke DO before granting RC, it all depend on the circumstances surrounding it. Mr.Singh didn't revoke DO before seeking entry.

euroguys

Post by euroguys » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:53 am

I am not myself of the view that a lawer is going to be usefull, its a lottery and an expensive one at that. If you have organised all of your evidence and it fits in the rules then a judge should be able to come to a more correct interpretation than ukba,s flagrant breaching of the European Rules within the current climate the Judiciary is all of our best hopes for being treated appropriately in addition we stated our application was under 2004/38 regulation 9 but not limited to that so even if it all goes horribly wrong there is still ECHR right to private and family life.

Im glad to see this thread come to life and that we are so many here
2011 Sep EEA1- Portugal
2011 Nov Wife arrived
2012 Jan EEA2 Issued to Wife
2013 Apr 1a issued on arrival at port spain
2013 Nov 1a issued after day trip france
2013 Dec EEA2 applied for
2014 Jan CoA with work 3 weeks
2014 Jan Passports returned

sarahpoole

Post by sarahpoole » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:57 pm

thanks euroguys.
I will hold off getting a lawyer for now then.
I did receive a letter from he home office dated 30th December saying they acknowledged our application(I got my parents to check my house for the letter)
so will we wait 6 months for another response?

sierra
- thin ice -

Post by sierra » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:19 pm

sarahpoole wrote:thanks euroguys.
I will hold off getting a lawyer for now then.
I did receive a letter from he home office dated 30th December saying they acknowledged our application(I got my parents to check my house for the letter)
so will we wait 6 months for another response?
no if ho is satisfied they will send coa with right of work and after that RC COMES within six months.COA is usually issued in 14 days according to what I read on forum.
and we exercised treaty in Italy for 13 months self employed . so I think we can even apply under new rules .
but the only problem is we did not send all documents which required Italian to English translation and second .
no stamp 1 .or eea family permit if that can effect application .

Humanity

Post by Humanity » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:03 pm

Interesting you got a letter acknowledging your application, sent my same day as yours. They more keen on debiting my account than sending that out ( not too keen about the letter anyways) rather have the COA. Have they debited your account aswell? If yes , could you kindly me tell the date. All this is a bit tedious :D

sarahpoole

Post by sarahpoole » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:57 pm

We didn't have a EEA family permit either, and no stamp.

Humanity I didn't use my bank account I just purchased a postal order from the post office on the day I sent the application and put it in the package. I thought this was more reliable. In case any problem happened with the bank or something.