ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Prove my wife treaty rights

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

crow_raven
Newly Registered

Prove my wife treaty rights

Post by crow_raven » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:08 pm

My wife been living in the UK sine December 2008 but she never worked as she is full time mom.
how can she prove her treaty rights?
We are thing to apply next year for citizenship, we are both EU citizens and I been working since first week I arrived, so for me is not a problem but for her the only way she has is : medical cards as well as letter from national insurance number but this is only from February. Will HO accept this evidences for resident ?
thanks

John
United Kingdom

Re: Prove my wife treaty rights

Post by John » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:36 pm

What about benefits? Child Benefit? Tax Credits?
John

crow_raven
Newly Registered

Post by crow_raven » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:33 pm

Hi again yes she has child benefit dated from February as well as tax credits from March and as I said doctor card and DWP letter for insurance number from February . My question is should I put in the form that she is in UK since December 2008 our February 2009 ? Thanks

johnj1

Post by johnj1 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:01 pm

Have you had Permanent Residence Card?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:32 pm

if she has been in the UK since December 2008, and has not worked because she is a "full time mom", why did she only start claiming Child Benefit in February 2014?

What proof is there that she has been in the UK since 2008? Are the two of you on the Electoral Roll? And have both been, since when?

Does she have a UK bank account? Since when?
John

crow_raven
Newly Registered

Post by crow_raven » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:39 pm

She been claiming everything since 2009 no 2014 .

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:48 am

What does that mean?

Also, please answer the point about the Electoral Roll.
John

crow_raven
Newly Registered

Post by crow_raven » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:11 pm

John wrote:
What does that mean?

Also, please answer the point about the Electoral Roll.
Hi again,
The case is I came to the UK in August 2008 and my wife as well as my daughter join me later that year in December 2008, so from January 2009 she got medical card from GP and insurance number letters proving she was where, then in March she got hospital latter as she had a miscarriage and received treatment so again letters in her name, we are both registered on electoral roll since 2009 as well as receiving child benefit /tax credits since march 2009, I open a bank account in August 2008 because when I arrive UK and my wife join my account later in 2009 so we have join account .tax credits are made in both names.
My daughter as been on school since march 2009 I have latter can prove that.
My question is will the HO accept this as a prove of treaty rights ?
many thanks .

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:23 pm

Your wife doesn't need to prove treaty rights. Just residence. In most cases, a passport is enough to prove residence but because EU passports don't get stamped, the HO might ask for additional evidence. Any official letter (for example Child benefit) would be fine. You don't need to prove every single day or from the beginning. State on the form when you arrived. Add some relevant evidence to cover part of the time. It will be fine.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

SouthWest1

Post by SouthWest1 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:54 pm

Jambo wrote:Your wife doesn't need to prove treaty rights. Just residence. In most cases, a passport is enough to prove residence but because EU passports don't get stamped, the HO might ask for additional evidence. Any official letter (for example Child benefit) would be fine. You don't need to prove every single day or from the beginning. State on the form when you arrived. Add some relevant evidence to cover part of the time. It will be fine.
Hi Jambo,
This might sound irrelevant, does CSI come in equation for the wife's application? it seems she never had it !

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:19 am

Although your wife is also EEA national, she can apply as a family member of EEA national (you). As you exercised treaty rights as a worker, CSI is not required for you or your family.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

crow_raven
Newly Registered

Post by crow_raven » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:18 pm

Thank you guys for the quick replay.