ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion entrepreneur extension!!!

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khubs

Confusion entrepreneur extension!!!

Post by khubs » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:35 pm

hi Everyone,
I am extremely thankful to this forum as I started off my migration history and advise from this forum and cannot thank enough to everyone who provided me with valuable advise all throughout and I successfully got my ILR eventually after 5 years!!!!

I have following questions with regards with Entrepreneur visas:

My sister is currently on Entrepreneur visa which she got on july 2012:

My first question is----how many people she needs to employ in order to get her extension?

My second question is----can she employ me and my husband full time and pay us salary if we decide to work for her?Is employing family a concern?? Both, me and my husband are in full time jobs already but, we are ready to work for our sister on weekdays and weekends full time too as she runs a off license which has exceptionally difficult time, ofcourse she will pay taxes etc.
will this be sufficient enough for her to meet the criteria for extension. Both, me and my husband are on ILR. I initially got ILR BASED ON HSMP+TIER 1 (5 year) criteria and my husband got spouse visa and then ILR. I have currently applied for naturalisation application.

Pls. advice....Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Khubs

khubs

Re: Confusion entrepreneur extension!!!

Post by khubs » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:16 pm

please please advise!!!!

khubs

Post by khubs » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:59 pm

hi all,

I am not being impatient but obviously concerned that if my sister needs to employ me then she needs to do it sooner rather than later, so kindly share your experiences and throw some light here...

appreciate your time and kindness:)

jiwa81
Newly Registered

Post by jiwa81 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:38 pm

Hi
Can we Know on what base did she got visa 50k or 200k?

khubs

Post by khubs » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:15 pm

jiwa81 wrote:Hi
Can we Know on what base did she got visa 50k or 200k?

my sis applied on 200k visa

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:01 am

@ khubs, yes your sister can employ you and your husband as long as normal PAYE rules are followed. Even MP's employ their family members to work for them so there should be no problem with your sister employing you to work for her.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:29 pm

I think you can. I have seen quite few HighSkilled migrants getting under this practice. The only concern factor, is it got to be genuine employment as their is a high likelihood that HO can randomly check or verify.

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:00 pm

As long as i remember you need to submit your employee's pay slips or RTI returns that you do with hmrc with your extention application anyway.

samaygrg wrote:I think you can. I have seen quite few HighSkilled migrants getting under this practice. The only concern factor, is it got to be genuine employment as their is a high likelihood that HO can randomly check or verify.

khubs

Post by khubs » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:21 pm

entrepreneur123 wrote:As long as i remember you need to submit your employee's pay slips or RTI returns that you do with hmrc with your extention application anyway.

samaygrg wrote:I think you can. I have seen quite few HighSkilled migrants getting under this practice. The only concern factor, is it got to be genuine employment as their is a high likelihood that HO can randomly check or verify.
Olasunkanmi wrote:@ khubs, yes your sister can employ you and your husband as long as normal PAYE rules are followed. Even MP's employ their family members to work for them so there should be no problem with your sister employing you to work for her.
THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR KIND RESPONSES AND REASSURANCE!!! GOOD LUCK ALL!!!!!!!

buntyz

Post by buntyz » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:57 pm

hi khubs
ofcourse your sister can employee you and your husband but as per extension visa req she need to employee 2 full time staff witht he british or eu citizenship as u n ur husband r on ILR as per my knowldge it wont fulfil extension req.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:34 am

See also 245DD and Table 5, last row.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

educators

Post by educators » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:00 am

buntyz wrote:hi khubs
ofcourse your sister can employee you and your husband but as per extension visa req she need to employee 2 full time staff witht he british or eu citizenship as u n ur husband r on ILR as per my knowldge it wont fulfil extension req.
No its wrong.
Anyone having ILR is also a settled person.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:00 am

educators is correct.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

kayess1984

Post by kayess1984 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:21 am

Hi,
ILR is as well as citizenship. Only the difference is you can't vote despite paying taxes.
If you don't build your dream, someone else will hire you to build theirs!

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:02 pm

Yes, we can employ any settled person in UK, that includes British citizens and ILRs.

Avinine86
Newly Registered

Post by Avinine86 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:59 pm

I am applying for the same visa.

Your sister can not be employing you and your husband onto her off license shop because HO will look out what kind of an employment you both have been upto at an off license shop when the main criteria of setting up a business like 'Off license' shop itself does not full fill the criteria of setting up a business at NQF Level 4.

Unfortunately, an off license shop doesn't satisfy this rule.

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:09 pm

If you read previous posts we are talking about main applicant through 200k route. So she can do whatever business she likes.

Avinine86 wrote:I am applying for the same visa.

Your sister can not be employing you and your husband onto her off license shop because HO will look out what kind of an employment you both have been upto at an off license shop when the main criteria of setting up a business like 'Off license' shop itself does not full fill the criteria of setting up a business at NQF Level 4.

Unfortunately, an off license shop doesn't satisfy this rule.