ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving to Norway

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Praveena.R
Newly Registered

Moving to Norway

Post by Praveena.R » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:17 am

Dear All

I'm new to this forum and seeking your in depth advise on the followings,

1. I'm an Indian national living in India and married to a British National who lives in UK. My husband is moving to Norway
in few weeks to work and live. He also got a job offer in Germany but he is considering moving to Norway. I would like to know
if he moves to either of these countries can I join him as his wife to live with him? If so how long would it take and what would be the
procedures for both of us to follow?

2. I have a child who is almost 18 years and can the child eligible to live with us?

3. Finally does my husband need to have any specific amount of income in order for me to join with him?

All your valuable advise will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

vinny

Re: Moving to Norway

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:20 am

I've moved your topic to the appropriate forum.

Yes.

Both you and your son are able to move with your husband under Directive 2004/38/EC.

What are your status in the UK?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Praveena.R
Newly Registered

Post by Praveena.R » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:56 am

I'm at present living in India with my daughter.

Few more points:
I was previously married and the child is from my first marriage. I have the sole custody for my child.
I met my my husband in UK while I was a student and returned to India 2 years ago. We got married in India
8 months ago.

Seeking to know,

How long would it take for us to join with my husband in Norway and if any earning threshold applicable to him in Norway
in order for us to join him?

Later if we wish to live in UK, would that be possible?

Thank you.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:06 am

Are either of you British?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Praveena.R
Newly Registered

Post by Praveena.R » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:18 am

Me and and my daughter are Indian national.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:36 am

Praveena.R wrote:Later if we wish to live in UK, would that be possible?
Yes.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

yk910
Newly Registered

Post by yk910 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:10 pm

sorry to jump into this thread, can a non-EU who is married to a Swiss and both living in switzerland, come to the UK via the SS route if they wish to live in the UK?

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:36 pm

No need. A Swiss national and family members would have free movement rights directly.

yk910
Newly Registered

Post by yk910 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:26 pm

many thanks vinny

Praveena.R
Newly Registered

Post by Praveena.R » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:09 pm

Thanks for your help.

I've checked the Norwegian Immigration website and there are few things I'm not sure about.

1. They didn't say howl long a EU national should have lived there before making an application.

2. The mention about having sufficient funds without outlining the amount for maintain ourselves. Any idea?

3. Three months payslips from my husband, is that mean I could apply soon after 3 months?

Please help.

Praveena.R
Newly Registered

Post by Praveena.R » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:03 am

Dear Advisers

I would be very much appreciate your help with the following,

1. My husband is in India with me at present who is a UK National. He got an employment offer from an employer in NORWAY where the job starts from 15th of September. While he is in India would it be possible me and my dependent daughter (17 Yrs Old) apply for entry clearance in Norwegian Consulate to travel with him?

2. Reading Requirements for a visa (for family members of EU citizen)

For a visa to be issued on the basis of Directive 2004/38/EC, only the following requirements need to be satisfied:

The visa applicant is a direct “family member” of an EU citizen and has proof (marriage or birth certificate or some combination) of the relationship)
The visa applicant will be travelling with, or joining, the EU citizen for a visit or permanent move to an EU member state. (If they are going to the “home” country of the EU citizen, then there can be a requirement that the EU citizen had previously lived/worked in a different member state)
All travellers require a passport (or a national ID card for the EU citizen)
These are the legal requirements for all of the EU/EEA member states, including all Schengen members, the UK, Ireland, Romania and Bulgaria. They also apply for Switzerland.

3. Do I qualify under travelling with or joining an EU Citizen?

Thank you.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:56 am

Yes. The UK is part of the EU.

Praveena.R
Newly Registered

Post by Praveena.R » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:37 am

Thank you, is that mean can I apply a family residence permit to travel with my husband prior to him taking up residence in Norway?

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:41 am

I think you may both apply for visas to travel with/join your British husband.

nashhk
Newly Registered

Post by nashhk » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:56 pm

hi there
I am a British citizen currently living in uk, I have a job offer in Norway, my wife is a non EU national and never came into any of the EU/EEA country before and she need a visa for travel to Norway, my question is as a spouse of EU national which documents do she need to submit for entry clearance visa as she want to join me in Norway, and do I have to send payslips for visa ?

skypicksteeboy
Newly Registered

Post by skypicksteeboy » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:53 pm

hi. i have a question about Norway/Denmark immigration law. I am indian and working in italy about 8 years. Recently i get the EU long term residence permit. With this long term EU residence permit can i go work in Norway or Denmark?
Advance thanks.