ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IELTS Score for Tier 2 General Visa from India

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gaurav0098
Newly Registered

IELTS Score for Tier 2 General Visa from India

Post by gaurav0098 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:34 pm

Hi,

I need to apply for Tier 2 General Visa from India. I have cleared IELTS with overall score of 7.0

Where ever I read on UK Gov site I can see that they ask for English Language requirement as CEFR B1 which means score of 4.0 in IELTS in all the segments however continuously I am getting feedback from people around me that I would need score of 6.5

Although I have overall score of 7.0 in IELTS and all segments have score of 6.5 or higher except Reading segment which has a score of 6.0 instead of 6.5

I feel that there is no need to appear for IELTS again to improve score however I would like to be sure before submitting the application as I don't want my visa to get rejected on such a trivial issue.

Can some one please guide me if I am correct in thinking that I need minimum score of 4.0 in all segment and not 6.5 as other people keep telling me??

:shock: :shock: :?: :?: :?:

zhu1230
Newly Registered

Re: IELTS Score for Tier 2 General Visa from India

Post by zhu1230 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:36 pm

Hi, did you get the confirmation about the scores? it's 4 or 6.5 in every skill?