ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

expired IELTS - can it still be used for BC application?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

NatIv
Newly Registered

expired IELTS - can it still be used for BC application?

Post by NatIv » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:26 pm

Hi

I came across the topic below
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 81711.html
where was some debate regarding the expired IELTS.

I have an IELTS certificate, which was issued in UK, in 2007 if not mistaken. The certificate was used for extension of my HSMP visa.
On the certificate it's said that its valid for 2 years, however, according to the post above, it could still be used for BC application.
Is that so, or I misread the post?
thanks!

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Re: expired IELTS - can it still be used for BC application?

Post by akhurshid » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:16 am

NatIv wrote:Hi

I have an IELTS certificate, which was issued in UK, in 2007 if not mistaken. The certificate was used for extension of my HSMP visa.
On the certificate it's said that its valid for 2 years, however, according to the post above, it could still be used for BC application.
thanks!
You can use that and it should be enough.

Hubba

Post by Hubba » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:40 am

thanks!
You should be able to use it without any trouble, but always check with the Home Office first anyway.

NatIv
Newly Registered

Post by NatIv » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:43 am

akhurshid wrote:

thanks!
You can use that and it should be enough.
thank you!

NatIv
Newly Registered

Post by NatIv » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:43 am

Hubba wrote:

thanks!
You should be able to use it without any trouble, but always check with the Home Office first anyway.
thanks, Hubba!

NatIv
Newly Registered

Post by NatIv » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:08 am

sorry, one more question

I've sent the email to HO asking them to confirm regarding the use of the expired IELTS certificate, but I got an autoreply saying that they aim to come back within 20 days.

I've booked my husband for a test this Saturday and we are hoping to apply before the end of the month

the questions is - is there amention anywhere on gov.uk website regarding this issue?
looked myself, but couldn't find anything

thanks

Hubba

Post by Hubba » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:35 am

NatIv wrote:sorry, one more question

I've sent the email to HO asking them to confirm regarding the use of the expired IELTS certificate, but I got an autoreply saying that they aim to come back within 20 days.

I've booked my husband for a test this Saturday and we are hoping to apply before the end of the month

the questions is - is there amention anywhere on gov.uk website regarding this issue?

thanks

From https://www.gov.uk/english-language :
Approved English language qualifications

You can prove your knowledge of English by having an English level B1, B2, C1 or C2 level qualification that’s one of the following:
  • an ESOL qualification at Entry 3 or higher (eg Level 1 or 2) on the Ofqual register taken in England, Wales or Northern Ireland
  • an ESOL qualification at Scottish Qualifications Framework levels 4, 5 or 6 awarded by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) and taken in Scotland
  • on the Home Office’s list of recognised English tests and qualifications
Some qualifications on the Home Office’s list will expire after 2 years. Your qualification will still be accepted as proof if you’re applying for citizenship, even if it has expired.

NatIv
Newly Registered

Post by NatIv » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:40 pm

Hubba wrote:
NatIv wrote:sorry, one more question

thanks

From https://www.gov.uk/english-language :
Approved English language qualifications

You can prove your knowledge of English by having an English level B1, B2, C1 or C2 level qualification that’s one of the following:
  • an ESOL qualification at Entry 3 or higher (eg Level 1 or 2) on the Ofqual register taken in England, Wales or Northern Ireland
  • an ESOL qualification at Scottish Qualifications Framework levels 4, 5 or 6 awarded by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) and taken in Scotland
  • on the Home Office’s list of recognised English tests and qualifications
Some qualifications on the Home Office’s list will expire after 2 years. Your qualification will still be accepted as proof if you’re applying for citizenship, even if it has expired.
Fabulous!! Thank you!!

jamesjames

Post by jamesjames » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:14 pm

My ielts expired in 2005 and I got my approval with it. I applied via NCS and they didn't have any problem with it.

NatIv
Newly Registered

Post by NatIv » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:13 pm

jamesjames wrote:My ielts expired in 2005 and I got my approval with it. I applied via NCS and they didn't have any problem with it.
thanks, James

I'm looking through all my paperwork now, but I can't find the original certificate
I remember i sent it to the HO for the extension of my visa, but I can't remember if they sent it back to me.
however, I remember asking for SAR before applying for ILR, and among the stuff they sent, was a copy of my IELTS certificate.

the question is - can I apply without having the original, providing I submit a copy, which has the test report from number on it (apparently it can be verified online by authorised organisations)

thanks again for any help

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:01 pm

NatIv wrote:
jamesjames wrote:My ielts expired in 2005 and I got my approval with it. I applied via NCS and they didn't have any problem with it.
thanks, James

I'm looking through all my paperwork now, but I can't find the original certificate
I remember i sent it to the HO for the extension of my visa, but I can't remember if they sent it back to me.
however, I remember asking for SAR before applying for ILR, and among the stuff they sent, was a copy of my IELTS certificate.

the question is - can I apply without having the original, providing I submit a copy, which has the test report from number on it (apparently it can be verified online by authorised organisations)

thanks again for any help
When did you apply for ILR? I you had applied after 28th of october 2013, you have already met the KoLL requirements.

ALI97
Pakistan

Post by ALI97 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:07 pm

hi akhurshid

i got ilr in november 2014 and will apply BC nationality in november 2015.....my query is i done B1 level Edexcel.....DUE TO HOME OFFICE CHANGES EDEXCEL IS NO LONGER IN APPROVED LIST OF HOME OFFICE...SO WHAT ARE BEST FOR ,,TO DO B1 LEVEL AGAIN OR JUST TICK THE OPTION ON FORM THAT ALREADY MET KOL REQUIREMENT?.

THANKS.

NatIv
Newly Registered

Post by NatIv » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:49 pm

When did you apply for ILR? I you had applied after 28th of october 2013, you have already met the KoLL requirements.[/quote]

I received my ILR in 2011

Mouna
Newly Registered

Post by Mouna » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:08 am

Today I read that certificates issued before April 2015 can be used till 5/11/2015
Obviously for me it means I have to take another test as I am eligible to apply on 10/11/2015
P.s I used an expired IELTS when applying for ILR.

shah_pooja

Post by shah_pooja » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:04 pm

Hi, I was going through this chain and wanted to know that can I submit my expired IELTS for my PR.

Also, I don't have the original certificate, I have a copy of it..will a copy work?

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:24 am

shah_pooja wrote:Hi, I was going through this chain and wanted to know that can I submit my expired IELTS for my PR.

Also, I don't have the original certificate, I have a copy of it..will a copy work?
Expired IELTS for Naturalisation is fine.

Perhaps rules have changed for photocopies now, but apparently one member got approval with photocopy of IELTS which I personally think should not be an issue, since you have reference number which you can put on page 7 of Form AN. Good luck.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.