ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa processing time taking too long?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Yousef
Newly Registered

Visa processing time taking too long?

Post by Yousef » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:46 pm

Hi! I've applied for a Tier 4 visa at Amman - Jordan , on the website it says 94% processed in 15 days and 100% in 30 days.
On the email they told me they aimed to process mine in 15 working days. Heres my timeline: 06 July Online Application, 10 July Biometrics/Interview, 11 July email saying they've received my application on their system, 19 July at application assigned to an ECO.
Is this normal? Theyre taking way too long and I have contacted my university today and waiting for their reply.. Im kind of stressing out because It's taking way too long!
If anyone has any experience with this, I'd appreciate it thank you!
this is my first time ever applying for a visa so if this is a silly thread I do apologize. I just don't see a reason why theyd decline me as I been very attentive and had a nice interview so such a late response has me thinking the worst.
thank you.

I have taken this paragraph from "gab1234" and edited it to my situation because he has his visa granted and I'm trying to take from his luck :lol:

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Visa processing time taking too long?

Post by sah10406 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:11 am

Yousef wrote:Theyre taking way too long and I have contacted my university today and waiting for their reply.. Im kind of stressing out because It's taking way too long!
It is only just 1 day over the 30 days.

Your university can advise on any extension to the last day for enrolling, but they cannot speed up your visa application.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Yousef
Newly Registered

Post by Yousef » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:45 am

sah10406 wrote:
Yousef wrote:Theyre taking way too long and I have contacted my university today and waiting for their reply.. Im kind of stressing out because It's taking way too long!

Your university can advise on any extension to the last day for enrolling, but they cannot speed up your visa application.
I have no problem with enrollment as my course will start on September 11th, but I’m just stressing out over the lateness of the visa. I understand that they cannot speed up the application but I was adviced to let them know about the delay.

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:59 pm

Yousef wrote:
sah10406 wrote:

I have no problem with enrollment as my course will start on September 11th, but I’m just stressing out over the lateness of the visa. I understand that they cannot speed up the application but I was adviced to let them know about the delay.
Now days it is taking time to process applications.Few of them gets processed fast so relax.

Yousef
Newly Registered

Post by Yousef » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:44 pm

Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
Now days it is taking time to process applications.Few of them gets processed fast so relax.
Oh does it? How long have others been waiting?

aaliya1986
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by aaliya1986 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:45 pm

i waited for more than 4 months.. my application was in country. :D

this is a peak time and applications take longer because there are many students coming for the September session.

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:28 pm

aaliya1986 wrote:i waited for more than 4 months.. my application was in country. :D

this is a peak time and applications take longer because there are many students coming for the September session.
Aaliya inside uk can take couple of months but outside country 8 weeks is maximum time i think.

Yousef
Newly Registered

Post by Yousef » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:28 pm

aaliya1986 wrote:i waited for more than 4 months.. my application was in country. :D

and did you get the visa after that wait?

aaliya1986
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by aaliya1986 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:21 pm

i don't think there is max or min time. they all are just for guidance purposes, sometimes it can take longer than 8 weeks outside country.

my university asked for the update to the application and i got the visa soon after. moreover, i also think at that time because it was a holiday season that's why it took long. there can be many factors. if everything was fine and you included all what was requested/required it should be fine.

good luck and keep posted.

aajss90
Newly Registered

Post by aajss90 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:06 am

Hi!

Did you get your visa?

I am in almost the exact situation like you. I had my biometrics and everything on 9th July, and on 18th July they sent the email that my application has been assigned to an ECO. My course too starts on 11th September.

I think it is just peak time at their application center, which might be why it is taking this long. :?

P.S. I'm applying from Qatar, so it might be different for different regions as well. As you said gab1234 was applying from a completely different area.

Yousef
Newly Registered

Post by Yousef » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:08 pm

aajss90 wrote:Hi!

Did you get your visa?

I am in almost the exact situation like you. I had my biometrics and everything on 9th July, and on 18th July they sent the email that my application has been assigned to an ECO. My course too starts on 11th September.

I think it is just peak time at their application center, which might be why it is taking this long. :?

P.S. I'm applying from Qatar, so it might be different for different regions as well. As you said gab1234 was applying from a completely different area.
I still didnt hear a thing from neither my university nor the visa center.
However, being they haven’t asked for a second interview or more information, this should be a good sign. Or so I’ve heard.

I’ll keep you posted

Archeer
Newly Registered

Post by Archeer » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:11 pm

ohh this really freak me out! I am going to apply next week. I live in Jordan too. are you telling me that my application gonna take 1 month!!

Anyway, Yousef can I ask you some questions related to the TLScontact center in Amman? do they make scan to the copy or the original documents? also, did you submit a copy of your old passport/s (if you had one)? and if there is any tip or advise you feel it will be good for my application/interview, please share it with me.

Hopefully, you will get your VISA in the next few days 8) Fingers crossed. Good luck.

Yousef
Newly Registered

Post by Yousef » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:40 pm

Archeer wrote:ohh this really freak me out! I am going to apply next week. I live in Jordan too. are you telling me that my application gonna take 1 month!!

Anyway, Yousef can I ask you some questions related to the TLScontact center in Amman? do they make scan to the copy or the original documents? also, did you submit a copy of your old passport/s (if you had one)? and if there is any tip or advise you feel it will be good for my application/interview, please share it with me.
Hopefully, you will get your VISA in the next few days 8) Fingers crossed. Good luck.
Do not freak out, if your course is more than a month away you should be fine.

TLScontact center does not take any original copy of anything but the currently active passport ( they take it ) everything else should be scanned and they only take copies of them. I submitted a copy of my old passport. You just need to make sure you include everything to avoid confusion and thus further delaying the visa ( bring copies of your CAS letter, your bank statement and birth certificate if your father is sponsoring you, and if the currency in the bank statement is in Jordanian Dinar, make sure to convert it on oanda.com and print a copy of the conversion.

You should not be worried about the interview. as long as you're a genuine student you should be fine!
Hopefully i'll get my visa to get both of our hopes up! :3

Archeer
Newly Registered

Post by Archeer » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:49 am

Thank you for your help. Best wishes.

Archeer
Newly Registered

Post by Archeer » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:07 pm

Hey Yousef, Can I ask you? when they take a copy of your old passport. do they take a copy of the first two page only or they include the other pages wich contain the seals from previous travel?

Thank you.

Yousef
Newly Registered

Post by Yousef » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:24 pm

Archeer wrote:Hey Yousef, Can I ask you? when they take a copy of your old passport. do they take a copy of the first two page only or they include the other pages wich contain the seals from previous travel?

Thank you.
They only took the first 2 pages, I didn't copy the seals from previous travel, but they didn't ask me for it.

aajss90
Newly Registered

Post by aajss90 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:41 pm

After around 28 working days, I received a second e-mail from them. The one where it says your application has not been straightforward. This is the one I think where they usually call you for an interview.

I really hope it isn't something big and they give a decision soon.

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:00 pm

aajss90 wrote:After around 28 working days, I received a second e-mail from them. The one where it says your application has not been straightforward. This is the one I think where they usually call you for an interview.

Bro i got this email on 3 July still no call
But my other friend applied 3 july and go unfortunately email on 18 july and 2 days later he got another detail interview call.

Are you a returning student ?

For second interview it would be in detail so prepare yourself

aajss90
Newly Registered

Post by aajss90 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:05 pm

Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
aajss90 wrote:After around 28 working days, I received a second e-mail from them. The one where it says your application has not been straightforward. This is the one I think where they usually call you for an interview.

But my other friend applied 3 july and go unfortunately email on 18 july and 2 days later he got another detail interview call.

Yeah I've heard about it. One of my friends had the interview too, it lasted almost half an hour. His interview was around 1 month and 1 week after he received the email.

And I'm a new student it's my first time applying.

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:07 pm

aajss90 wrote:
Waqasrafiq2 wrote:

Yeah I've heard about it. One of my friends had the interview too, it lasted almost half an hour. His interview was around 1 month and 1 week after he received the email.

And I'm a new student it's my first time applying.
Can u tell me about ur friend
Which date he applied
When he got email of unfortunately
And when he called for second interview
And did he got his visa after hiw long.

aajss90
Newly Registered

Post by aajss90 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:28 pm

Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
Which date he applied
I just called my friend and confirmed the dates. His visa got refused, but it is a different scenario for him.
He had is Biometrics and everything on 12th June and he received the unfortunately email on 27th June.
His course was due to start on July 17.
But due to the interview being so late (24th July), his course start date had already passed, and the CAS was no longer valid, which is why his visa got refused.

mjaan

Post by mjaan » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:41 pm

Oh great so there is a chance they might call you for an interview after your course start date ?? Which means your CAS is already expired .. Ok this is worrying .. I thought they take these dates into consideration while dealing with your case :|

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:48 pm

mjaan wrote:Oh great so there is a chance they might call you for an interview after your course start date ?? Which means your CAS is already expired .. Ok this is worrying .. I thought they take these dates into consideration while dealing with your case :|
My course start date is 11 sep. Well officially course starts 25 sep but orientation is 11 sep which mentions on CAS.

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:55 pm

aajss90 wrote:
Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
Which date he applied
I just called my friend and confirmed the dates. His visa got refused, but it is a different scenario for him.
He had is Biometrics and everything on 12th June and he received the unfortunately email on 27th June.
His course was due to start on July 17.
But due to the interview being so late (24th July), his course start date had already passed, and the CAS was no longer valid, which is why his visa got refused.
As far as i read on forums university allow you atleast 2
More weeks to come after start date so he looks okay to join as interview was a week after course start date .can you ask the reason exact which mentions or did he asked uni to consider him as they wont withdraw the cas until they tell u or defer to nxt intake. His interview was after 27 days after email.

mjaan

Post by mjaan » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:08 pm

Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
mjaan wrote:Oh great so there is a chance they might call you for an interview after your course start date ?? Which means your CAS is already expired .. Ok this is worrying .. I thought they take these dates into consideration while dealing with your case :|
My course start date is 11 sep. Well officially course starts 25 sep but orientation is 11 sep which mentions on CAS.
Is there any point contacting the university about this ? I know they can't really do much but can they check or anything about your application ?