ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance Visa vs Marriage Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Cnrgy
Newly Registered
Wales

Fiance Visa vs Marriage Visa

Post by Cnrgy » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:08 pm

Hello everyone, I am a US citizen. I met a Welsh citizen this past February 2018. We travelled together for 24 days, in February and fell madly in love. He has visited me twice in Denver, Colorado, and I have been to Wales for a week to visit.

He was separated for many years and since we met, he has gone forward with a divorce. I know I have to wait for the decree of absolute before I can apply for a fiancé or marriage visa.

We have travel plans to Japan, in September 2018, for my birthday. And again to Germany in November/December 2018. I have a small dog that we wanted to get settled in Wales, UK, while we await for the Visa and do our planned travel.

I became aware of all of this Visa stuff while planning to transport my dog. I need to do a Transfer of Residence for my dog.

I have 3 questions...

1) Can I do the ToR without a Visa?

2) Is it possible to wait in UK while we wait for the decree of absolute, which I need to apply for my Visa?
He has called the Newport court and since there is no contest to the divorce and his children are grown adults, he was told the divorce could be settled very soon.

3)Would it be better to get married here in the States and then apply for a Marriage license or is it equally the same as far as ease and logistics to just apply for the fiancé license? We do plan to be married as soon as the he is legally free.

Neither of us have done this before and hoped relocating me to the UK would be easier than this..
We really need help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Fiance Visa vs Marriage Visa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:18 pm

Does your fiance meet the financial requirement??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Cnrgy
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by Cnrgy » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:01 pm

Yes, My fiancé meets the financial requirements.

Cnrgy
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by Cnrgy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:49 pm

Can anyone at all provide answers?

Is there somewhere else I can go to find answers?

I had hoped to go to the British Consulate here in Denver, but its permanently closed.

Can anyone direct me to a source in Denver, Colorado?