ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Retain rights of residence

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alishah0110
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Retain rights of residence

Post by alishah0110 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:41 pm

Hi everyone i was married to EU citizen was granted pre-settle status but unfortunately things didn’t go well and we divorced, what i have done now is applied for pre-settle status again on the basis of retain rights of residence i am wondering if this was the right thing to do?

My history
Got Married in May 2017
Lived together almost three years that till Apr-2020
I Applied Pre Settle status in Feb 2020
Applied for divorce in Aug 2020
Got my pre settle status Nov 2020
Divorce finalised and got decree absolute in March 2021.

My ex wife has left the country just before finalising the divorce (She has Settle Status) will this effect my retain rights of resistance?

Also i wanted to know if they grant me pre settle status again when can i apply for settle status? And what documents would i need to apply for settle status? Thanks would really appreciate your help.

alishah0110
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Retain rights of residence

Post by alishah0110 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:55 pm

I forget to mention that we both have been exercising treaty rights till divorce was finalised, plus she went on holiday out of country when decree absolute was pronounced.
Now she decided to resign from work and might not come back she is not sure. If she dose not come back will it effect my case and will i need her support if applying for settle status in future after getting the pre settle status again?