ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence of relationship for spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Zerrin
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa - Help please

Post by Zerrin » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:08 am

I’ve been with my current employer for just over 1 year, I may be leaving to another job so this would mean that when I apply the visa for my husband I will only have 1 or 2 months employment with the new employer. Since 2018 January there are no gaps in my employment and I have always been over the bracket of 18,600.

Can I apply for the visa like this or do I need to wait to be with the new employer for 6 months?

walker
Mood:
Palestine

Re: Spouse Visa - Help please

Post by walker » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:45 am

If you have been with your employer less 6 months then you will have apply under 'Category B' and meet requirements/provide the relevant evidence to meet the financial requirement under Category B.

Please see: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf

Page 23 onwards

Zerrin
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Zerrin » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:49 am

Thank you, so that wouldn’t be a problem then?

When I spoke with a solicitor they never told me this, they said I need to have 6 months employment with the employer. They didn’t tell me there is a category B.

walker
Mood:
Palestine

Post by walker » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:11 pm

As long as you meet the requirements of Category B there should be no problems.

Zerrin
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse visa help!

Post by Zerrin » Fri May 07, 2021 10:58 pm

Hello,

I will be making my application soon with a solicitor for my spouse to join me in the UK. I am a British citizen and I meet the financial requirements etc. I’m just a bit worried as people say spouse visas get refused very often.

What are the mains reason for being refused and what do I need to be careful about?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa help!

Post by AmazonianX » Sat May 08, 2021 6:51 am

Zerrin wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 10:58 pm
Hello,

I will be making my application soon with a solicitor for my spouse to join me in the UK. I am a British citizen and I meet the financial requirements etc. I’m just a bit worried as people say spouse visas get refused very often.

What are the mains reason for being refused and what do I need to be careful about?
Check the forum to read experience of people and watch out for such pitfalls.
Meeting financial, relationship, accommodation, English test, TB test (if applicable)requirements quite important among other things.
Also ensure yoursolicitor is knowledgeable.
Should you require clarification, ask on your thread.

Zerrin
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa Appication - Passport/Docs

Post by Zerrin » Tue May 18, 2021 2:13 pm

Hello,

Has anyone applied recently for a spouse visa, if in Turkey it would be even more helpful.

Do you need to bring all documents as hard copies or are they only uploaded online?
Do you give your passport in or you dont? How do you receive the visa?

Zerrin
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Evidence of relationship for spouse visa

Post by Zerrin » Tue May 25, 2021 7:11 pm

Hey,

I am giving loads of photos of our holidays + engagement + marriage, I am including flight tickets and hotel reservations. I am also putting my vodafone bill which shows some normal calls I have made in the past 6 months.

Are whatsapp/messenger chats a must to put?

I'm going through and just don't know what kind to chats to put as some are personal so it's a bit weird to give them to be honest. What kind of chats do you need to give?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa Appication - Passport/Docs

Post by CR001 » Tue May 25, 2021 7:13 pm

Zerrin wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 2:13 pm
Hello,

Has anyone applied recently for a spouse visa, if in Turkey it would be even more helpful.

Do you need to bring all documents as hard copies or are they only uploaded online?
Do you give your passport in or you dont? How do you receive the visa?
You hand your passport in at your biomterics appointment. Your initial 90 days visa is a sticker in the passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Evidence of relationship for spouse visa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 25, 2021 7:14 pm

Zerrin wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 7:11 pm
Hey,

I am giving loads of photos of our holidays + engagement + marriage, I am including flight tickets and hotel reservations. I am also putting my vodafone bill which shows some normal calls I have made in the past 6 months.

Are whatsapp/messenger chats a must to put?

I'm going through and just don't know what kind to chats to put as some are personal so it's a bit weird to give them to be honest. What kind of chats do you need to give?
Ukvi are not interested in reading all your texts contents. You need to submit evidence of subsisting relationship and WhatsApp chat screenshots is one way to do this to show that you are in frequent communicating and a subsisting relationship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Zerrin
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Zerrin » Tue May 25, 2021 7:28 pm

Thank you for your reply, so if I just put in some chats over the years that would be fine then?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed May 26, 2021 3:25 am

Zerrin wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 7:28 pm
Thank you for your reply, so if I just put in some chats over the years that would be fine then?
Yes it will be fine. Couple of screen shots per month over the years combined with others you mentioned earlier to evidence subsisting relationship.