ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Expiry

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Zac369
Newly Registered
India

Passport Expiry

Post by Zac369 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:27 pm

Hello everyone,

Firstly, thanks in advance for any help.

I have a Tier-2 visa (BRP) expiring in October, 2022. My passport is expiring in June, 2022. I intend to travel to India in a few days due to a family emergency, so don't have time to have my passport renewed. I will be returning to the UK in November, 2021.
My question is, would it be a problem while returning to the UK given that my passport will be expiring before my visa? Is there any regulation that addresses this situation? I could not find any.

Thanks!

stegio80
United Kingdom

Re: Passport Expiry

Post by stegio80 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:31 pm

You will be back in the UK in a month or so, well before the expiry of both visa and passport.
I can't see any issue in that.
Zac369 wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:27 pm
Hello everyone,

Firstly, thanks in advance for any help.

I have a Tier-2 visa (BRP) expiring in October, 2022. My passport is expiring in June, 2022. I intend to travel to India in a few days due to a family emergency, so don't have time to have my passport renewed. I will be returning to the UK in November, 2021.
My question is, would it be a problem while returning to the UK given that my passport will be expiring before my visa? Is there any regulation that addresses this situation? I could not find any.

Thanks!