ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ukraine Family Scheme - Short Visit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

user1194
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Ukraine Family Scheme - Short Visit

Post by user1194 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:38 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am a British citizen born in Ukraine. My sister who currently lives in Ukraine would like to come to the UK for a short visit for a week or so.

We are thinking whether it would be a good idea for her to apply for Ukraine Family Scheme, extend it to 3 years so that she can visit me in the UK for a week or so couple of times a year. It seems that Ukraine Family Scheme is much less bureaucratic compared to a visitor visa.

We are trying to figure out if there are any restrictions for her coming and going to and from the UK, in particular

1. Is there minimum period of time she has to in the UK before she can travel back to Ukraine?
2. Can she come back to the UK again after short visit in the UK?
3. It appears she needs to have BRP (biometric residence permit) before she can leave the UK. We are thinking whether she should travel to the UK once BRP is ready for collection in the UK (presumably she can submit her biometric details using UK Immigration: ID Check App before she travels to the UK for the first time) or whether it's better for her to receive BRP in one of visa centres in Eastern Europe, which might be tricky as it's probably under great pressure and overbooked?
4. If my sister were to apply for BRP in the UK through one of visa application centres 1-2 weeks probably won't be enough to get her BRP unless she books it before travelling to the UK?

Thank you for reading my post an your help ;-)

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Ukraine Family Scheme - Short Visit

Post by manci » Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:37 pm

As stated in Appendix Ukraine Scheme of the Immigration Rules
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ine-scheme

the Ukraine Family Scheme is for those affected by the conflict in Ukraine. It seems that your sister is not as she only wishes to visit you from time to time but not "live" in the UK. The first question on the application form is Where are you planning to live? (England, Scotland, Wales. Northern Ireland
Jersey, Guernsey or the Isle of Man).

IMO if she applied under the Ukraine Family Scheme the HO may consider this deception and, if they do, she may be barred from visiting the UK for some time.

It would probably be safer for your sister to apply for a visitor visa.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice