ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application to ILR, which date to use: BRP, vignette or entrance

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ramzi85
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Application to ILR, which date to use: BRP, vignette or entrance

Post by Ramzi85 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:30 pm

Hi,

I'm on a Tier 2 General visa, and I'm planning to apply for ILR. The problem is there is confusion on which dates I should use to count for the 28 days. I have three different dates:

BRP date: 11 October 2017
Vignette date: valid from 18 October 2017
Entry date: 31 October 2017

I use the vignette date I will have a problem as my BRP expires on the 14 Sept 2022. I will have to extend my visa before applying for ILR.

Can the BRP data be used instead? I have seen that the earliest between the three dates can be used. In this situation, I have only two days to make the application before my BRP expires.

Thank you.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Application to ILR, which date to use: BRP, vignette or entrance

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:07 pm

Use the earliest date so it is the BRP. You do NOT need an extension. Apply before visa expiry and book your appointment within 28 days of completing your 5 years
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Ramzi85
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Re: Application to ILR, which date to use: BRP, vignette or entrance

Post by Ramzi85 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:52 am

Thank you Zimba. I will use the BRP dates