ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visa for parents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ba116
Newly Registered
Kenya

Family visa for parents

Post by ba116 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:39 pm

Hi,

I’d like to inquire the requirements for bringing my father to the UK as a dependent on a family visa/ dependent visa. I have ILR and my income can support my father’s stay in the country. My father has no known disability will this be an issue.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Family visa for parents

Post by Casa » Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:24 pm

ba116 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:39 pm
Hi,

I’d like to inquire the requirements for bringing my father to the UK as a dependent on a family visa/ dependent visa. I have ILR and my income can support my father’s stay in the country. My father has no known disability will this be an issue.
The Adult Dependent Visa has become the most difficult visa to obtain since the Immigration Rules were tightened in July 2012. In order to have any chance of success, you father would need to submit documented evidence of meeting the following criteria:
- He requires daily help with tasks such as bathing, dressing, preparing food.
AND
- That help isn't available or is not affordable in his home country

Unless your father is living in a country where care costs are higher than in the UK (USA for example), the Case Worker will consider that if you are able to support him in the UK, you would be able to cover the care costs in his home country.

A minimal number of ADV applications have been approved since the rules changed regarding chain migration, and many of these were only successful after lengthy and costly Court appeals.

Also be aware that if your father applies for an Adult Dependent Visa and this is refused, the door will be closed for visiting the UK in the future, due to the prior intention to settle. :idea:

https://www.gov.uk/indefinite-leave-to- ... amily-visa
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.