ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa from abroad with leave to remain

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

benneviss

Spouse visa from abroad with leave to remain

Post by benneviss » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:11 pm

What application one should make to bring his spouse to the UK from Bangladesh if he has a limited leave to remain in the UK under 10-year route - exceptional circumstances

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa from abroad with leave to remain

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:17 pm

benneviss wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:11 pm
What application one should make to bring his spouse to the UK from Bangladesh if he has a limited leave to remain in the UK under 10-year route - exceptional circumstances
Who are you asking for and what were the 'exceptional circumstances'? :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

benneviss

Post by benneviss » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:24 pm

This is for a friend ( he is not good with English so I am asking on his behalf), his application was granted - saying - "You have been granted permission to stay in the United Kingdom (UK) on
the private life route exceptional circumstances GEN 3.2 " - no more details on the decision - He is now married in Bangladesh - he is working and meet the financial requirement - can he bring his wife to the UK? What application will he make?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:30 pm

In order to sponsor a spouse visa application, your friend must be British or permanently settled in the UK (Indefinite Leave to Remain), or have limited refugee or humanitarian protection leave.

Your friend doesn't appear to meet any of this criteria.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

benneviss

Post by benneviss » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:50 pm

Thank you for your quick response.
Does it mean that he will have to wait for 10 years until he has IRL before bringing his wife to the UK?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:57 pm

benneviss wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:50 pm
Does it mean that he will have to wait for 10 years until he has IRL before bringing his wife to the UK?
Correct yes. Unless he switched to another visa category he qualifies for, such as Skilled Worker visa, then he can bring a dependent spouse.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:10 am

Did he get married in Bangladesh and is his current leave based on protection from returning to that country?
If so then that will take some explaining.

benneviss

Post by benneviss » Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:07 am

He did not receive protection status - his FLR ( FP ) was granted under Exceptional rules

benneviss

Post by benneviss » Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:07 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:57 pm
benneviss wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:50 pm
Correct yes. Unless he switched to another visa category he qualifies for, such as Skilled Worker visa, then he can bring a dependent spouse.
Noted , thank you