ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR interview

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rbt123
Newly Registered
Kenya

ILR interview

Post by Rbt123 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:42 pm

Hi there
We applied for ilr through tier 1 entrepreneur route. Received email from Ho for extra documents. We sent those and within two hours we got an update saying requesting for interview. However we haven’t been told when and where. Is this normal - to get an interview request within two hours of sending documents ??

meself2
Ireland

Re: Ilr interview

Post by meself2 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:29 pm

Interview for Tier 1 is normal per se - as it depends on the business, it's not uncommon for HO to arrange an interview.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

laramara
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by laramara » Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:24 pm

Hi Rbt123,
Can you please share your ILR timeline- date of application, biometric done, request for docs etc.
What kind of business do you run?
What docs did they ask you? Were these docs lacking initially when you submitted your application?
What kind of docs did you provide?

Rbt123
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by Rbt123 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:03 am

Date of application 26th December 2023
Biometrics done - 7th January
Additional document requested -10th feb
Additional documents sent 24th feb
Interview requested - 24th feb
Still waiting for time and date of interview

They asked for recent bank statements , pay slips for job creation and job description for each job created . Documents were pretty much in order as we used a solicitor .

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:58 am

Didn’t you submit these documents before ??

recent bank statements , pay slips for job creation and job description for each job created - is this documents after the date of submission of application and biometrics ?

Did they interview you for extension?

What is your nature of business?
Rbt123 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:03 am
Date of application 26th December 2023
Biometrics done - 7th January
Additional document requested -10th feb
Additional documents sent 24th feb
Interview requested - 24th feb
Still waiting for time and date of interview

They asked for recent bank statements , pay slips for job creation and job description for each job created . Documents were pretty much in order as we used a solicitor .

laramara
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by laramara » Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:24 pm

HI Rb123,
Best of luck for the interview!

Rbt123
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by Rbt123 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:55 pm

It’s a care agency . And yes we did submit but they wanted more evidence it seems. They asked for website and how we market the business . How the carers are paid etc . To me it seems like lack of understanding of nature of business hence interview requested .No interview at visa application stage or extension Hence this is quite concerning . We’ve done everything by the book and it’s all genuine. Not sure exactly why they would need an interview

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:08 pm

Rbt123 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:55 pm
It’s a care agency . And yes we did submit but they wanted more evidence it seems. They asked for website and how we market the business . How the carers are paid etc . To me it seems like lack of understanding of nature of business hence interview requested .No interview at visa application stage or extension Hence this is quite concerning . We’ve done everything by the book and it’s all genuine. Not sure exactly why they would need an interview
This isn't by any means unusual for care sector sponsors, due to the route being under close scrutiny following evidence of abuse of the system and exploitation of migrant care workers.

Board member and Respected Guru, @Frontier Mole has recently posted about this many times on the forum. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Rbt123
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by Rbt123 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:11 pm

Can you post link where’s spoken about it

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:36 pm

@Frontier Mole will no doubt engage in this topic when they are online. It's been reported that 100's of Care Worker sponsors are undergoing further compliance checks/interviews.

If you want to have an understanding on what is involved during an interview or compliance visits, all the information can be found in the official link below:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _v.1.0.pdf
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:39 pm

@Casa OP is on Tier 1 Ent, so not a sponsor or sponsored employee. But agree, the whole care industry is currently under very heavy scrutiny by UKVI.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:37 pm

Whoops! Thanks for the head's up Char.

I hope you're well.
x
(Casa, not CR001)

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:05 pm

I had interview but they ask about business activities and how the staff were recruited and what is my role

Do you pay your staffs by bank transfer or cash

Just be confident, you will be fine
Rbt123 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:55 pm

laramara
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by laramara » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:21 pm

Hi msx273,
Can you please share your application timeline.
What kind of business are you in?
Were the documents asked by Home Office in addition to the docs you already submitted with your initial application?
What docs did they ask you?
Best of luck with your application.

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:33 pm

I can’t answer here as this is thread belongs to rbt123

You ask question on your own thread with your application time line and nature of business and route of t1 whether 50k or 200k

laramara wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:21 pm
Hi msx273,
Were the documents asked by Home Office in addition to the docs you already submitted with your initial application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:37 pm

laramara wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:21 pm
Hi msx273,
Please stop asking questions like this in the Tier 1 Entrepreneur topics. It is a completely different visa category and rules to the visa you hold.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:13 pm

Tier 1 Entrepreneur ILR interviews are not uncommon however I doubt you will struggle with the interview. The points that are:
Have you invested the appropriate amount.
Is it clearly demonstrated in the accounts.
Have you employed the full time staff and the minimum number for the appropriate period and of course they are qualifying individuals.
HMRC records are important and they will have a poke at them.
Banking checks are basic and no more than a cross check to ensure salary payments and business transactions are visible.
Good luck

Rbt123
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by Rbt123 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:39 am

@msx273
Thanks - could you tell me the timeline from when they requested interview to when to they actually gave you the date and how long before a decision was made ? We are still waiting for a date

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:19 am

Hi Rbt

Did they informed you when and where the intervew will be ?

When did you get the interview email ?

They will decide normally after the interview if they need any documents or they can make decision with the information provided
Rbt123 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:39 am
@msx273
Thanks - could you tell me the timeline from when they requested interview to when to they actually gave you the date and how long before a decision was made ? We are still waiting for a date

Rbt123
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by Rbt123 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:43 pm

They just emailed to say that an interview will be carried out and they will contact us with more information regarding date and time and where . This was last week Wednesday . We still haven’t heard back from them with the details

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:07 pm

Dont worry and dont panic, they noramally send follow up email in 10 working day, once you get the response from them let us know
Rbt123 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:43 pm
They just emailed to say that an interview will be carried out and they will contact us with more information regarding date and time and where . This was last week Wednesday . We still haven’t heard back from them with the details

Rbt123
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by Rbt123 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:12 am

Thank you will keep updating as I know more

Rbt123
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by Rbt123 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:18 pm

It’s a phone interview scheduled for 18th march .

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:22 pm

Answer the questions with the minimum of expansion. Keep your answers simple and don't get tempted to over explain. The interviewing officer will have a path they want to follow, this is not designed to trip you up but to gather the information they require to make a decision. Do not over think it - that is when things go badly wrong. And under no circumstances make up an answer that you think will address the question, that will get you in a far bigger mess than an honest answer. Remember you only have to meet the requirements, not exceed them.

Rbt123
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by Rbt123 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:43 pm

Thank you - hoping it goes well