ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Have been waiting for more than 6 months

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Amunybot
Newly Registered
Japan

Have been waiting for more than 6 months

Post by Amunybot » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:56 pm

Hi everyone,

Is there anyone the same as me have been waiting for more than 6 months still have no email from Home Office?
I submitted my application on 2/8/2023 and finger print on 30/8/2023

I contacted MP, they told me my case us still under consideration, it is stressed me out.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Have been waiting for more than 6 months

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:05 pm

Amunybot wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:56 pm
Hi everyone,

Is there anyone the same as me have been waiting for more than 6 months still have no email from Home Office?

I contacted MP, they told me my case us still under consideration, it is stressed me out.
Unfortunately it's quite common - the absence of any communication is not necessarily a sign of any issues with your application. Appreciate it's stressful, most of us have been through it, but with an approval rate of around 95% yours may possibly be in the approval pipeline. Note some advice in this thread: british-citizenship/6-months-plus-waiti ... 43483.html
MPs have not much influence over the Home Office, they often just receive general feedback.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Bibivaly
Romania

Post by Bibivaly » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:17 pm

I’ve submitted my application at the beginning of July so almost 9 months now and still waiting

I’ve done the following steps with no success:

I’ve called them twice only to receive general information ( do not call it’s a waste of time , they won’t even take your reference number through the phone)

I’ve emailed them many times to different email addresses that I’ve found on this forum ( I’ve received only one reply with standard response that my application is still in process due to ongoing enquiries and checks )

I’ve contacted MP to ask for updates only to receive the same response,( MP contacted HO twice , twice she received the same standard response)

I’ve requested and received my SAR file ( nothing interesting in the comments sections)

I’ve made two complaints to HO on gov website I had to chase a response by emailing the complaint HO team ( received the same standard response as previous)

I have asked for a review of my complaint, after I’ll receive the review then I’ll be able to complain to IEC ( independent examiner of complaints) hopefully this will have an impact

If that won’t work I’ll ask my MP to refer my case to parliamentary and health service ombudsman

Very stressful, you should take some action

Amunybot
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by Amunybot » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:37 pm

Regarding the SAR ,what type of documents you request?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:43 am

Amunybot wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:37 pm
Regarding the SAR ,what type of documents you request?
Request for information the HO holds on their records for you. They can disclose it either basic, detailed or specific depends on what you specify in your request.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration

victorwoof
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by victorwoof » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:26 pm

I submitted on 3rd August and still waiting.

I received an update just before 6 months and all they said was they are waiting replies for enquiries.

“All applications for citizenship are subject to enquiries to ensure that the statutory requirements have been satisfied. Because of these enquires, we anticipate that applications may take up to six months to complete. Some applications may be dealt with more quickly and some may take longer, depending on the nature of the enquiries to be carried out”.

Not very helpful.

justanothername
Newly Registered

Post by justanothername » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:44 pm

Ha I am in the same boat. Submitted biometric on 1st September and bang on completion of fifth month I received the standard email saying it will be delayed due to background checks.
I have emailed several times and raised complaint. Only received the standard reply once.
MP has also emailed them but I don’t think anything thing will come out of it.
So frustrating that this is what you get after paying so much money for the application.
Well atleast makes me feel a little better that I am not alone.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:16 am

There is a guide with actions to take for late citizenship applications british-citizenship/6-months-plus-waiti ... 43483.html
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

victorwoof
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by victorwoof » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:30 pm

Hi, I saw your update in the other thread saying you received invitation. Congratulations!

Wondering if you ever went to the stage of asking for review on complaint?

Thanks.
Amunybot wrote:
Hi everyone,

Amunybot
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by Amunybot » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:18 am

victorwoof wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:30 pm
Hi, I saw your update in the other thread saying you received invitation. Congratulations!

Wondering if you ever went to the stage of asking for review on complaint?

Thanks.
Amunybot wrote:
Hi everyone,

I sent a complaint omce to Home Office in Feb and they replied me with standard reply, i sent them a further complaint last week and today received the ceremony invitation. i don‘t think the second complaint really made it faster.

abubakerbajwa
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by abubakerbajwa » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:26 am

i made my application in july 2023 and done biomatric in the same months its been 9 month and still waiting i have contacted HO twice but the same standard reply every time i contacted to local MP and they gave them same reply dont know what to do next

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:41 am

You should open your own thread to ask questions. You can follow the steps on this guide: british-citizenship/6-months-plus-waiti ... 43483.html
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Bibivaly
Romania

Post by Bibivaly » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:02 pm

abubakerbajwa wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:26 am
i made my application in july 2023 and done biomatric in the same months its been 9 month and still waiting i have contacted HO twice but the same standard reply every time i contacted to local MP and they gave them same reply dont know what to do next
I’m exactly in the same situation, application and biometrics in July

I’ve done many steps only to receive the standard response

At the moment I’m waiting for a review of my complaint so I can move forward and complain to IEC

Any other ideas?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:34 pm

If you review the thread I linked above, those are all the steps we are aware of.