ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Have you taken medical treatments in the UK question mistake

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rransara
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Have you taken medical treatments in the UK question mistake

Post by rransara » Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:01 pm

I have submitted my skilled work visa application and now it is processing. Now I noticed I have put ‘No’ as the answer mistakenly to ‘Did you receive medical treatment in the UK’ visa application question even though I have taken GP treatments 2 times for general illness. I am shifting from graduate visa to skilled worker visa. Under graduate visa, i have paid Immigration health surcharge and i was eligible for free NHS treatment. Do I need to inform Home Office regarding this error? If so, how to contact the home office? As I am inside the UK, only calling option is there and could not find a place to send a cover letter as I have already submitted my application. If i did not inform, will this be impacted to the decision of my visa?

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Have you taken medical treatments in the UK question mistake

Post by Casa » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:43 pm

GP access is free for all, regardless of their immigration status.

See official guidance below + link to the information

"Primary NHS healthcare is delivered through GP practices, NHS walk-in centres, dentists, pharmacists and optometrists, and these services can be accessed by everybody for free, regardless of their immigration status. A person may need to pay for prescriptions and dental treatment if none of the exemptions based on age, income or medical conditions apply."

https://www.nrpfnetwork.org.uk/informat ... -treatment
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Hampshire
Mood:
India

Re: Have you taken medical treatments in the UK question mistake

Post by Hampshire » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:41 am

rransara wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:01 pm
I have submitted my skilled work visa application and now it is processing. Now I noticed I have put ‘No’ as the answer mistakenly to ‘Did you receive medical treatment in the UK’ visa application question even though I have taken GP treatments 2 times for general illness. I am shifting from graduate visa to skilled worker visa. Under graduate visa, i have paid Immigration health surcharge and i was eligible for free NHS treatment. Do I need to inform Home Office regarding this error? If so, how to contact the home office? As I am inside the UK, only calling option is there and could not find a place to send a cover letter as I have already submitted my application. If i did not inform, will this be impacted to the decision of my visa?
You can send a letter by Royal mail to the home office, explaining this genuine mistake. I dont think it would matter since it was only primary care which is free even for tourists.