ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR priority delay

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Babu2024
Newly Registered
India

ILR priority delay

Post by Babu2024 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:28 pm

Hi Can someone help me at this stage.
My wife Lead applicant recently received ILR on March Ist week 2024 through SKilled worker route. I applied for ILR on March 3rd Week as a Dependent and appeared for Biometrics on March 23 with Priority application. The case worker asked me more documents on April 4th and Informed me that the application decision will take more time even though it is priority application.
My Wife is facing so much work pressure and Toxic work culture and she wanted to Resign her job as soon as possible and find a new job. My query is if she resign now will it affect my application? What will be the appropriate solution?
We also need to apply for my son for ILR a as his visa will expire in May 4th week of 2024.

Thanks
Babu

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR priority delay

Post by zimba » Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:34 pm

Babu2024 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:28 pm
Hi Can someone help me at this stage.
My wife Lead applicant recently received ILR on March Ist week 2024 through SKilled worker route. I applied for ILR on March 3rd Week as a Dependent and appeared for Biometrics on March 23 with Priority application. The case worker asked me more documents on April 4th and Informed me that the application decision will take more time even though it is priority application.
My Wife is facing so much work pressure and Toxic work culture and she wanted to Resign her job as soon as possible and find a new job. My query is if she resign now will it affect my application? What will be the appropriate solution?
We also need to apply for my son for ILR a as his visa will expire in May 4th week of 2024.

Thanks
Babu
This has no effect on your ILR application as a dependant. She is also no longer a skilled worker as she has ILR.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Babu2024
Newly Registered
India

Post by Babu2024 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:43 pm

Hi Zimba ,
Thanks very much for your reply.
But in my ILR application they specifically asked my Wife's Employer -company sponsor licence number.
Does it mean they will check her employment status online?

Thanks
BABU

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:06 pm

No!!

She can resign if she has ilr. It has no effect on your application at all.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:27 am

Babu2024 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:43 pm
Hi Zimba ,
Thanks very much for your reply.
But in my ILR application they specifically asked my Wife's Employer -company sponsor licence number.

Thanks
BABU
Your application is based on her previous status as a skilled worker. After ILR she is NOT bound by any of the skilled worker rules. Her employment status is totally irrelevant after her ILR and has no relevance to your application.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Babu2024
Newly Registered
India

Post by Babu2024 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:57 am

Hi Thanks for your message.
Would it be a problem when we apply for my child's ILR application once I have completed my own ILR application ? Does my wife need to be employed when we apply for my child's ILR application?

Thanks
Babu

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:55 am

Babu2024 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:57 am
Hi Thanks for your message.
Would it be a problem when we apply for my child's ILR application once I have completed my own ILR application ? Does my wife need to be employed when we apply for my child's ILR application?

Thanks
Babu
No. Again and I repeat again, after her ILR there is no requirement for her to be employed and any changes to her employment status have no effect on the dependants at all. She just needs to have been previously granted leave under the same route and then the dependants will benefit.

No other requirement applies

Babu2024
Newly Registered
India

Post by Babu2024 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:53 pm

Hi Zimba,
Thanks very much for your reply. Have a nice day.

Thanks
Babu