ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship with lost passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

confused90

Citizenship with lost passport

Post by confused90 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:49 pm

Hello,

I’ve been holding an ILR since 2017, and my passport held until 2024 was lost. I have a police report, and a replacement passport.

I’ve recently travelled back to UK from a holiday, the immigration officers didn’t care and just stamped my passport as usual.

I’m in the midst of applying for citizenship now, I have SA302 since I’ve been self employed for the past few years as evidence.

I don’t have council tax bills as I’ve been couch surfing, staying at friend/family places or hotels until now. I intend to rent an apartment in the coming few days so will have current utilities bill as evidence.

Is there anything that I could add? I’ll be adding a cover letter with the police report, and my previous SA302 from HMRC as evidence. Would this suffice?

Thank you for your help

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Citizenship with lost passport

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:53 pm

confused90 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:49 pm
Hello,

I’ve been holding an ILR since 2017, and my passport held until 2024 was lost. I have a police report, and a replacement passport.

I’ve recently travelled back to UK from a holiday, the immigration officers didn’t care and just stamped my passport as usual.

I’m in the midst of applying for citizenship now, I have SA302 since I’ve been self employed for the past few years as evidence.

I don’t have council tax bills as I’ve been couch surfing, staying at friend/family places or hotels until now. I intend to rent an apartment in the coming few days so will have current utilities bill as evidence.

Is there anything that I could add? I’ll be adding a cover letter with the police report, and my previous SA302 from HMRC as evidence. Would this suffice?

Thank you for your help
I would use SA302 and tax returns for every year. Utility bills are not accepted evidence of residence for naturalisation.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

confused90

Post by confused90 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:32 am

Thank you.

Yes, I'll be providing SA302 for the past 5 years along with the police report of lost passport and writing it all out in a cover letter.

Thanks

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:51 pm

Provide also tax returns.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

confused90

Post by confused90 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:21 am

contorted_svy wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:51 pm
Provide also tax returns.
I shall do that too, thank you