ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Should I wait for my ILR before applying for dependents PBS GTV extension?

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pak0s
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Should I wait for my ILR before applying for dependents PBS GTV extension?

Post by pak0s » Sat May 25, 2024 5:24 pm

Hello everyone,

I am losing my mind right now as I am in process of applying my ILR via GTV route and extending my wife and child visa via PBS dependent route. I have already submitted my ILR application via super priority and hopefully I will have ILR next Monday or Tuesday.

Now I also need to apply for my 2 dependents PBS visa extension but I am getting so much panic now. I entered all their details and when I was redirected to IHS website, it is only asking to pay 6 months fee for each dependent instead of 3 years which does not seem normal to me. So I have following concerns if someone could help me?
  • Should I wait for my ILR approval i.e., after next Monday or Tuesday before submitting both dependents application?
  • My wife has right to work until 20th June but her employer has been asking to update her right to work asap. Will she get into any issue if her visa is approved after 20th June?
  • Both dependents PBS visa should be of a minimum 3 years duration which means 3 years IHS fee for each one. Is this correct?

Many thanks :)

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Should I wait for my ILR before applying for dependents PBS GTV extension?

Post by zimba » Sun May 26, 2024 1:53 am

The immigration health surcharge online system is not smart enough to calculate this automatically. ILR has no expiry date. You should enter a date that is 3 years in the future to get a correct IHS calculation. Otherwise, the system will charge you less and the caseworker has to request you to pay the remaining fees, delaying the application.

Also, your dependents are NOT applying under the PBS route. GTV is not under the (now mostly) defunct PBS system.
Why are you extending their visas?
How long has your spouse been your dependant?
Do you know that under GTV rules your spouse can get ILR after 5 years of being your dependant, which could have been spent under ANY dependant route ??
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

pak0s
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by pak0s » Sun May 26, 2024 12:59 pm

Why are you extending their visas?
As I am on GTV so I am eligible for ILR after 3 years which I just completed. My dependents came 6 months after me as GTV dependent so their visa is also expiring with me. Therefore, I am eligible for ILR but they are not. Thats why I need ILR for myself and extend 2 dependents visas via PBS Global Talent dependent route. Did I do anything wrong?
How long has your spouse been your dependant?
2 years and 6 months.
Do you know that under GTV rules your spouse can get ILR after 5 years of being your dependant, which could have been spent under ANY dependant route ??
I know but again they are here for only 18 months now. Only I am eligible for ILR so far.

Also thanks for the advice, I see how to select 3 years on IHS redirect website in another post and I was finally able to get surcharge for 3 years for both dependents and just paid it. I am also exhausted financially now :lol:

NCL12
Newly Registered
India

Post by NCL12 » Sun May 26, 2024 1:09 pm

Sorry to jump in here, but I have a follow up question here. Can my wife's dependent years (counting to 5 years in total) be considered when I was a student or when she was a student dependent?

For context, I have 3 years on GTV and finished my studies in UK for about 4 years on student visa (wife was here with me throughout). Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun May 26, 2024 4:48 pm

pak0s wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 12:59 pm
As I am on GTV so I am eligible for ILR after 3 years which I just completed. My dependents came 6 months after me as GTV dependent so their visa is also expiring with me. Therefore, I am eligible for ILR but they are not. Thats why I need ILR for myself and extend 2 dependents visas via PBS Global Talent dependent route. Did I do anything wrong?
It seems you are doing the correct thing.
FYI they are NOT under the PBS system. GTV dependant visa route has nothing to do with the old PBS system at all
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun May 26, 2024 4:51 pm

NCL12 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 1:09 pm
Sorry to jump in here, but I have a follow up question here. Can my wife's dependent years (counting to 5 years in total) be considered when I was a student or when she was a student dependent?

For context, I have 3 years on GTV and finished my studies in UK for about 4 years on student visa (wife was here with me throughout). Thanks
Yes, I covered this several times. Under the GTV rules for ILR, the visa route of a dependant is unimportant, so as long as you have a dependant with 5 years of stay under ANY dependant route, they can settle under GTV rules.