ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Global Talent Visa (route 3) - My experience and timeline

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, CR001, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix

uvish
Newly Registered
India

Global talent visa duration

Post by uvish » Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:20 am

Hi everyone. I recently got an offer for a role that is eligible for GTV under UKRI's endorsed funder route. I have applied to stage 1 (endorsement) and further read that I can choose the duration of my GTV during stage 2.

My current visa doesn't count towards ILR. Since this GTV is an accelerated path towards ILR (3 years), would it be sufficient if I choose the visa duration as 3 years only?

I know that we can apply for ILR up to 28 days before the end of the 3rd year of GTV. But even though I'll apply via a priority application, this doesn't factor in any delay or additional processing time in case I need to give biometrics or if there aren't enough appointments available at that time.

Keeping this in mind, shall I apply for 3 years or 4 years?

Any advice or pros/cons would be appreciated. Thanks!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Global talent visa duration

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:49 am

That will be sufficient 3years.

uvish
Newly Registered
India

Re: Global talent visa duration

Post by uvish » Tue Jun 25, 2024 5:13 pm

Thanks. I will apply as soon as I'm eligible then and get stuff fast-tracked. There is obviously the processing window during which we're allowed to stay, so that's something I'll keep in mind too.

uvish
Newly Registered
India

Global Talent Visa (route 3) - My experience and timeline

Post by uvish » Fri Jul 19, 2024 12:58 pm

Hey everyone. I recently got selected for a Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) Associate role, which is a collaboration between myself, a business, and a university. This partnership is funded by UK Research & Innovation (UKRI). As such, I was eligible to switch from my Graduate Route Visa to a Global Talent Visa accelerated endorsement under the UKRI endorsed funder path (route 3).

Below I would like to describe my experience in terms of the application steps, required documents, processing timeline, and fees paid so that this info. can potentially help others.

The application process was in 2 stages:
Stage 1 - applying for an endorsement from the endorsing body, which was UKRI in my case. I filled my details, selected 'yes' for fast-track consideration, and paid the endorsement fee. I was then presented with a document checklist which I had to send along with other docs via email.
Documents required:
1. Statement of Guarantee
2. Grant Letter copy
3. Document checklist

Stage 2 - applying for the visa itself. I started this right after receiving my endorsement result. I filled my details, paid the IHS fees, and booked an appointment for my biometrics. I was then presented with a document checklist for my reference.
Documents required:
1. Passport
2. Biometric Residence Permit
3. Endorsement Letter (email)

The timeline was as follows:
24th June - Received Statement of Guarantee and Grant Letter copy from university HR.
24th June - Applied for stage 1 endorsement.
25th June - Received acknowledgement that my documents have been forwarded to UKRI.
9th July - Received successful endorsement.
9th July - Applied for stage 2 visa.
13th July - Attended biometrics appointment.
17th July - Received visa confirmation.
19th July - Received BRP.

Fees paid:
Stage 1:
Endorsement: £524

Stage 2:
IHS: £3105 (3 years)
Visa: £192 + £500 (priority) = £692
Biometrics appointment: £143

The information in this post is correct as of July 2024. Things might change in future so please check the UK government website for up to date information.

I had to look at various resources during my application and that's why I decided to consolidate everything here. Hope this helps :D

seezlery2k
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Global Talent Visa (route 3) - My experience and timeline

Post by seezlery2k » Fri Sep 06, 2024 11:14 pm

Hi
Thanks for the post.
I am also on PSW and its expiring soon by April 2025. I have over 10yrs experience in liquid food processing and would love to switch to global talent. Could you please let me know what the knowledge transfer initiative is all about. Is it something I can explore?

Regards