ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled Worker Dependent Biometric

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DMff
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Skilled Worker Dependent Biometric

Post by DMff » Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:05 pm

Hi,

I applied for a Skilled Worker Dependant Visa along with the main applicant. The main applicant did not need to take biometrics as their application was linked using the ID check application, but mine was not linked as I did not have a BRP. Is the main applicant's application considered along with the dependant application? Will it only be considered once I provide biometrics? I am asking because I am planning to delay my biometrics for three weeks, but if that would delay the main applicant's application, then I would want to do it earlier. If you could clarify this, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Skilled Worker Dependent Biometric

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jul 25, 2024 2:49 am

DMff wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:05 pm
Hi,

I applied for a Skilled Worker Dependant Visa along with the main applicant. The main applicant did not need to take biometrics as their application was linked using the ID check application, but mine was not linked as I did not have a BRP. Is the main applicant's application considered along with the dependant application? Will it only be considered once I provide biometrics? I am asking because I am planning to delay my biometrics for three weeks, but if that would delay the main applicant's application, then I would want to do it earlier. If you could clarify this, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Main applicant’s decision not dependent on your biometrics.
Rather it is yours that will be put on hold till decision for main applicant is made.

DMff
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Skilled Worker Dependent Biometric

Post by DMff » Thu Jul 25, 2024 8:57 am

Thank you! I was doubting only because we applied together and thought that both applications would be decided together.