ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First UK Passport Application - Haven't got the 'Documents received' acknowledgement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Zrl100
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

First UK Passport Application - Haven't got the 'Documents received' acknowledgement

Post by Zrl100 » Fri Jul 26, 2024 6:58 pm

Hi there,
I posted my Original Naturalisation Certificate, Current Passport as well as my Cancelled/expired passport first used to enter the UK via Royal Mail Next Day Special Delivery before 1pm.

It was posted earlier this week on Tue 23rd Jul to HMPO Hemel Hempstead. The online tracking shows documents delivered & signed for by HMPO the next day at 7:44am on Wed 24th Jul. (I was like 7:44am?, that's early for a delivery, but having looked at google maps the Royal Mail Home Counties Mailing Centre in Hemel Hemstead is only a few streets away from the HMPO Hemel Hempstead, so I'm assuming this to be normal despite that early in the morning & giving it the benefit of the doubt).

Most people's first passport processing timelines on here for online applications to Hemel Hempstead are getting their 'Documents received' acknowledgement within 48hrs after documents delivered.

I should have had my acknowledgement by today. I still haven't received my 'Documents received' acknowledgement. It's starting to make me nervous. I'm aware it's still early days.

But having read some horror stories about people's documents going missing, I need some advise on what I can do to get the HMPO to confirm they've received my documents?

What's the best way to chase them? By phone, by online form, and anything else I should know in advance before i speak to them?

Thank you very much!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: First UK Passport Application - Haven't got the 'Documents received' acknowledgement

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jul 26, 2024 7:17 pm

There is no one size fits all. Your experience will not mimic others exactly.
Good that you got update from tracking, they upload in batches not exactly as they receive. Exercise a bit of patience.

hq1221
Newly Registered
China

Re: First UK Passport Application - Haven't got the 'Documents received' acknowledgement

Post by hq1221 » Fri Jul 26, 2024 7:26 pm

I had the similar timeline issue but my post address was given to Corby this week. The status changed to doc received immediately after I called the helpline 03003300901 by providing application info and royal mail tracking number.
The helpline indicates it may take up to 48 hours to scan the docs and sychronise to the system so you can have a try to call them and ask for a double check.

Zrl100
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Zrl100 » Sat Jul 27, 2024 2:17 pm

Thank you very much for your responses AmazonianX and hq1221.

I had a brief conversation with an adviser on the HMPO online webchat a few mins. ago. He said that if the documents were delivered on Wed 24th Jul I needed to allow 3 working days for them to be opened and logged. If it's not updated by the end of Mon 29th Jul, then contact them again.

Hmpo online webchat can be accessed thru this Web page for anyone else that may need it.
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... ce-webchat

hoods24

Post by hoods24 » Sat Jul 27, 2024 10:42 pm

Hi

Similar thing happened to me, I posted my documents a week earlier than you to Hemel Hempstead and was expecting to get document received acknowledgment by Friday but never received it. I was panicking about my documents and I called HMPO next Monday on 0300 222 0000, gave my tracking number and they managed to find my docs and said I’ll get notification soon. I still never got the document received notification however, I can track my application online which confirmed that they had received my documents on the same day as I called them, time mentioned was almost immediately after I made that phone call to HMPO..

TerryGH
Chile

Post by TerryGH » Mon Jul 29, 2024 9:50 am

Same issue here. Docs delivered on Thursday morning (25 July), but still no acknowledgment. Tried calling helpline, and they say "allow up to 2 weeks for the acknowledgment". Looks like a holiday season in the Passport Office has started.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jul 29, 2024 10:02 am

TerryGH wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2024 9:50 am
Same issue here. Docs delivered on Thursday morning (25 July), but still no acknowledgment. Tried calling helpline, and they say "allow up to 2 weeks for the acknowledgment". Looks like a holiday season in the Passport Office has started.
The post is received in bulk, takes a while for them to sort. People do not get acknowledgement fast as desired.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Jul 29, 2024 11:07 am

There are ebbs and flows. HMPO has service standards to deliver passports of 3 weeks which hasn't changed, so you need to exercise some patience, hopefully not two weeks, to receive the confirmation that your documents were received.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

TerryGH
Chile

Post by TerryGH » Mon Jul 29, 2024 2:39 pm

Just received an acknowledgment from HMPO!

Zrl100
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Zrl100 » Mon Jul 29, 2024 4:41 pm

Great! I also got my 'documents received' acknowledgement this afternoon.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jul 29, 2024 6:24 pm

What wonders patience and less worry can do 8)