ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In Country, Second/Change employer, Dependant visa after visa cancellation

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Needu1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

In Country, Second/Change employer, Dependant visa after visa cancellation

Post by Needu1 » Fri Aug 30, 2024 11:51 pm

I worked with first employer for one year and then their business closed down and i got visa cancellation mail from HO addressing me and my 2 dependants to leave UK within 60 days or apply for new application. Fortunately i got CoS letter from new employer and got my visa for next 4 years. Now i am confused about my dependants visa, whether i have to apply for their visa or their previous visa will be auto renewed? My wife right to work is still valid till 2028 maybe its not updated because it was the same in my case when i did not even applied on second CoS. My colleagues got auto renewal but they have not received cancellation email and in my case i received cancellation email. Please advise.

AbacusC
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: In Country, Second/Change employer, Dependant visa after visa cancellation

Post by AbacusC » Sun Sep 01, 2024 9:05 pm

As you now got new CoS and applied for visa extension and their visa is still valid, you don't need to do anything. Only extend it once their visas are about to expire.

Needu1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Needu1 » Sun Sep 01, 2024 9:53 pm

But i got cancellation mail for all my dependant and thats the thing bothering me. I checked with my solicitor and he said we will apply and check. Before applying i thought to check in forum. Maybe someone faced the same issue before.

Needu1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Needu1 » Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:41 pm

Any other suggestions? I checked with 4 solicitors and 2 of them are saying its required and 2 are saying not required. I am confused. Is there any way to contact HO?? Anyone faced similar problem?? Please advice??

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:27 am

What did the cancellation email for you and your dependants say exactly?

If there was a cancellation date, then it’s safest for them to extend prior to that date.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.