ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IRL Long Residence Application Date

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Anavictorovna
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

IRL Long Residence Application Date

Post by Anavictorovna » Sat Aug 31, 2024 12:40 pm

Hi there,

I arrived in the UK on a Tier 4 student visa on 15/09/2014. Then switched to a Tier 5 Youth mobility visa in Sep 2018 before my student visa expired. The in Sep 2020 switched to Spousal Visa, which I renewed in March 2023 and am currently on it. I am hitting my 10 year mark on the 15/09/2024 and was wondering when I can apply for IRL

If it’s 28 days before, it means I should be eligible to apply from 18/08/2024 correct?
So if I apply tomorrow 01/09/24 and get my biometrics done asap and pay for super priority service my decision might come before the 10 year mark on 15/09/2024. If that’s the case does that mean my case might be rejected? Should I wait to have my biometrics until 15th of September just to be safe?

Apologies as this statement made me a bit confused when it comes to them making a decision:
“You must count backwards from whichever of the following is most beneficial to the applicant to see whether they meet the qualifying period”:
-the date of application
-any date up to 28 days after the date of application
-the date of decision

Thank you in advance for your help!
-Ana

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: IRL Long Residence Application Date

Post by zimba » Sat Aug 31, 2024 4:29 pm

No. You can be granted ILR within 28 days of completing your 10 years, so you are already eligible.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Anavictorovna
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Post by Anavictorovna » Sat Aug 31, 2024 4:34 pm

Hi Zimba,

Thank you for your reply! I quickly saw what you posted about Tier 5 visas and am now concerned that my Tier 5 Youth Mobility visa doesn’t count towards the ten years? Or it definitely does? I received mine in 2018 and it was valid for 2 years

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Aug 31, 2024 7:47 pm

It was posted in error. I double-checked that rules and time spent under Tier 5 (Youth Mobility) is counted. Only time spent under the Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) route is excluded and breaks continuous residence. You do not need to worry
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice