ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

subsidiary protection rights

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

scow
Newly Registered

subsidiary protection rights

Post by scow » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:15 am

hi guys,I am here on behalf of my friend,he got 3 years permission to remain(new law called subidiary protection) he was asylum seeker in Ireland for the last 4 years,he will get stamp 4 and have to provide the immigration with his passport,
my question is can apply for naturalistion at the end of that period(3 years ) ,in case he get social assistant will that affect that process,

thank you

akwadaa

Post by akwadaa » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:19 pm

Subsidiary protection is a leave to remain given to failed asylum seekers to stay in the state temporally...after the 3yrs it has to be renewed..the minister will review ur case taken into account soo many issues..
- do u still need protection from the state..??
- what have u achieved in that 3yrs,,academically or contribution to the state..

People with Subsidiary protection status are not refugees and for that matter do not qualify to apply for naturalistion after 3yrs...they need to fulfill the 5yrs mark..

scow
Newly Registered

thanks

Post by scow » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:59 am

thank you very much for ur valuable input,god bless u