ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR date for eu citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Alisza
Newly Registered

ILR date for eu citizen

Post by Alisza » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:30 pm

Hi guys,

The British citizenship application form asks me to give them the date of my ILR. As I understand because I am from eu I should be granted ILR automatically after 5 years.

My problem is that I don't remember what is my exact date of entrance! As there is no visa stamp...Can I use an approximate date? Or will HO will be able to give me my ILR date or first entrance date?

Thanks,
Alina

Alisza
Newly Registered

Post by Alisza » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:42 pm

Common guys, has no one got any ideas at all?

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:21 pm

Could you just choose a date that ties in with your other proof of being in the UK (e.g. the date you started work or study in the UK) and work onwards from there?

I don't think the Home Office would have your date of entry from five years ago, although others might know more about this than I do.

Alisza
Newly Registered

Post by Alisza » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:13 pm

Thanks Christophe sounds like a good plan to me.

andreachen

Post by andreachen » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:42 pm

I couldn't remember my exact date of entry either and just entered my best guess. Nobody asked about it and I was granted citizenship so it was obviously not a problem.

Good luck,
Andrea

Alisza
Newly Registered

Post by Alisza » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:47 pm

thanks for your answer! It's all very helpful.