ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR received but name miss spelt

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

friendinneed

PR received but name miss spelt

Post by friendinneed » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:00 am

Finally received PR with appropriate residency card in the passport but unfortunately they have 1 letter wrong in the surname (they have put an I instead of an L)

How quickly can it be fixed?

mcovet
BANNED

Re: PR received but name miss spelt

Post by mcovet » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:31 pm

I know of a case where they put an "F" instead of "M" for a male applicant. He complained and they told him to resend the passport. They reissued it within 2 weeks. He now has 2 residence cards, one says F and the other one- correct one says M.

Call them and tell them you will be sending the passport back to correct the mistake and take the name who u speak to. If u cant get through then write a complaint to the complaints department etc.

Bottom line is, if it's not noticeable and u need ur passpor soon the dont send it but my advice is to ensure the names match. Especially for trips abroad etc where immigration officers are more picky when letting you out of the country on the basis of this card

friendinneed wrote:Finally received PR with appropriate residency card in the passport but unfortunately they have 1 letter wrong in the surname (they have put an I instead of an L)

How quickly can it be fixed?