ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

citizenship questions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chebas

citizenship questions

Post by chebas » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:31 pm

Hi. My wife and myself will apply for citizenship in january after we have the 5 yr residency time rule covered.

I've all the residency requirement with a work permit, then a green card and then a stamp 4.

My wife has been under the spousal permit (Stamp 3) for this whole time except from earlier on this year when she qualified for a stamp 4 under the zambrano ruling as we have a lovely Irish Boy :-)

I have 2 questions:
1.- I understand we need 2 different applications, can we use the same referrals?
2.-I understand some stamps are excluded from "reckonable residence" can anyone confirm my wife is eligible? WE have been here since january 2007 without any gaps and always have renewed stamps. The last one renewed for 2 years and my wife now has permit for 3 (zambrano)

thank you so much for your time.

Chebas

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:51 pm

1. i would say the same referals are ok
2. only stamp 2 is not counted for naturalisation purposes. stamp 3 and stamp 4 that your spouse had, would be counted.

chebas

thanks!

Post by chebas » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:18 pm

thank you very much, I'll let you know what happens around januar, I'll probably have a ton of questions!